Strange visualization exercises and OBEs.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
03-09-2014, 05:27 PM
Strange visualization exercises and OBEs.
I am very good at seeing things in my head. Sometimes when I mess around I practice some rather strange mental exercises. I came up with the following exercises on my own. I would be curious if everyone ever heard of these techniques before. Here's what I do: Sit roughly in the middle of a room. It should be quiet with no distractions. Now look at something in front of you. Try and get the picture in your head. Now close your eyes and imagine that they're still open. That is you are pretending your eyes are open. For example look at your computer. After studying it close your eyes and imagine you are still looking at it. The idea is to get as much as detail as possible so that it seems your eyes are really open. Don't be afraid to open your eyes and study what your looking at. Try imagine more detail each time. Now the second exercise is even stranger. Turn your head all the way to the left and all the way to the right - slowly. Try and remember what you're seeing. Now close your eyes and pretend that they're open as before. This of course is harder. The idea is to eventually be able to look around the room with your eyes closed while pretending they're still open. The more detail you can memorize the better. I have been able to use these exercises to create pseudo out of body experiences. Perhaps I am having an OBE? I close my eyes and imagine myself walking around my apartment. Everything is extremely detailed. I can even turn around and see myself! I can see my body in exact detail. Now I am not truely out of body. How do I know? Well for starters I can look at outside (with my eyes closed) but I don't see thing moving. Everything is sort of hazy. Also I can only do it with places I know - I can't go over to the apartment next door. But still it is a rather interesting experience. Anyone ever heard of anything like what I'm describing? Know any (science) books I could read?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply