Strangest Pub/Bar Experience

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
29-05-2015, 07:36 AM
RE: Strangest Pub/Bar Experience
(29-05-2015 06:35 AM)Fodder_From_The_Truth Wrote:  I've spent all the years of being legal drinking age in small town Oklahoma, have a penchant for getting hammered, and go out at least twice a week. The white trash levels around here are astronomical and fueled by one of the country's worse methamphetamine infestations.

Weird, abnormal and crazy are just another night at damn near any bar I could frequent.
Sounds remarkably close to the description I got from an Oklahoma native I knew. He was from Kellyville (Tulsa area).
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
29-05-2015, 08:08 AM
(29-05-2015 07:36 AM)Clockwork Wrote:  
(29-05-2015 06:35 AM)Fodder_From_The_Truth Wrote:  I've spent all the years of being legal drinking age in small town Oklahoma, have a penchant for getting hammered, and go out at least twice a week. The white trash levels around here are astronomical and fueled by one of the country's worse methamphetamine infestations.

Weird, abnormal and crazy are just another night at damn near any bar I could frequent.
Sounds remarkably close to the description I got from an Oklahoma native I knew. He was from Kellyville (Tulsa area).

I can't say this with validity but its been said that when Oklahoma was still a territory, the central and northern areas were Indian reservations and the south was settled by the outlaws of the east. They dug in like tics and many of those bloodlines are still here today.

Based upon what I see everyday would lead me to believe it. I like it here at TTA and I get a large dose of humility, cause the average 'walker' around here makes me feel like Stephen Hawking minus the wheelchair.
29-05-2015, 10:36 AM

I can sympathise. I currently live a stones-throw away from a hostel for 'recovering' alcoholics and drug addicts. I say 'recovering' bit the usual antics on display from this lot seem to suggest there's not much 'recovering' taking place.

I swear the local area turns into a scene from the Walking Dead after dark with that lot shambling around.

"Isn't it enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe that there are fairies at the bottom of it too"? - Douglas Adams Bechased
29-05-2015, 11:24 AM
I never been inside of a dive. I think I know of one bar in my entire county that might be a dive, but otherwise, they don't exist here.

Wish I could visit one someday.

My Youtube channel if anyone is interested.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEkRdbq...rLEz-0jEHQ
31-05-2015, 01:48 AM
Won me 130 bucks in a backwoods dart tournament.

Hat trick baby!
31-05-2015, 02:30 AM (This post was last modified: 31-05-2015 10:24 AM by Thumpalumpacus.)
My band was playing a shithole in Ventura called the Red Cove one night -- 3-piece band, me on guitar and bad vocals -- and this asshole in the crowd started heckling. Now, while my singing wasn't all that back then, my wits were still pretty sharp, and he got butthurt after the Guy with the Microphone used it. During the last couple of songs of that set, he was mad-dogging me and making gestures indicating that good times were in store, so as we ended our set, I had the drummer stay up on stage while the bassist and I went to my car. I opened the trunk, grabbed my tool box, and started handing Tim tools.

"What're these for?"

"Didn't you see that asshole after I shot him down?"

"No, dude, I was moshing, what's up?" So I told Tim what was happening. Tim looked at the long screwdriver and crescent wrench he was holding and said, "Well, we're either gonna fuck him up, or fix his car for him."
[+] 1 user Likes Thumpalumpacus's post
31-05-2015, 08:38 AM
I once played a Batchellors and Spinsters ball where a couple had intercourse behind my drumkit as two fat women mooned the crowd as the audience was squashed beneath the dancers atop the tent.

Quite a sight. Smile

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 4 users Like Banjo's post
31-05-2015, 10:00 AM
(31-05-2015 08:38 AM)Banjo Wrote:  I once played a Batchellors and Spinsters ball ...

I read that as a Bachelors and Sphincters ball and had an unwelcome mental image. Unfortunately, the image for what you really posted wasn't much better.
Gasp

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
31-05-2015, 10:25 AM
(31-05-2015 08:38 AM)Banjo Wrote:  I once played a Batchellors and Spinsters ball where a couple had intercourse behind my drumkit as two fat women mooned the crowd as the audience was squashed beneath the dancers atop the tent.

Quite a sight. Smile

Now that's a fuckin' gig!