Strangest thing you ever believed?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
26-10-2011, 07:32 PM
RE: Strangest thing you ever believed?
The God of Christianity was the strangest think I believed couple years ago.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
29-10-2011, 03:48 PM
Justice in the legal system.

A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything. Friedrich Nietzsche
[+] 1 user Likes Karl's post
29-10-2011, 07:07 PM
When I was a young adolescent I believed that only few people actually had consciousness all the time, and that the rest were "shells," hollow humans somehow placed here to interact with others...

I grew out of that, thankfully. I also recently learned in my intro to psychology course that ego-centrism is common in adolescents...soooo...
[+] 2 users Like Atheist#6667's post
29-10-2011, 09:11 PM
Quote:When I was a young adolescent I believed that only few people actually had consciousness all the time, and that the rest were "shells," hollow humans somehow placed here to interact with others...
That's actually kind of weirdly cool... but it's also kind of how I view religious fundamentalists. So, there ya go. Undecided
At one time, friends of mine almost had me convinced [but not quite] that I was some kind of "seer". Not really sure why anyone would do that, but I'm certain that it would have been to their advantage and not mine. They probably mistook a modicum of education for smarts far beyond their comprehension... for lo... they were Christ-ys... and prone to such nonsense. Tongue

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
01-11-2011, 12:13 PM (This post was last modified: 01-11-2011 12:14 PM by houseofcantor.)
tao is dark energy. Big Grin

I don't "believe" nuttin'. I formulate the odd hypothesis or two, that only await experimental conformation or denial. Now, how to experiment... without blowing up the Earth, of course. Big Grin
(29-10-2011 07:07 PM)Atheist#6667 Wrote:  When I was a young adolescent I believed that only few people actually had consciousness all the time, and that the rest were "shells," hollow humans somehow placed here to interact with others...

I grew out of that, thankfully. I also recently learned in my intro to psychology course that ego-centrism is common in adolescents...soooo...

I have yet to receive experimental conformation that your original hypothesis is incorrect. Tongue

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like houseofcantor's post
04-11-2011, 04:06 AM
I used to believe in Christian God and Jesus. You know all those movies about Jesus, those 70's and 80's crap? Well, they show it on TV every year still, they are classics here and I used to believe it was true. Funny, but I always knew Santa and Tooth Fairy were my parents. Never had a clue about the Easter bunny, didn't see the connection with Christianity, and I still don't... Not a very imaginative child, I presume...

Smile

[Image: a6505fe8.jpg]
I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.
-Hunter S. Thompson
04-11-2011, 08:49 AM

Up until last year, I'm in tenth grade, I believed that hippos & hippopotamus were two totally different things.
I also believed that bigfoot was just a guy with a huge foot, that everyone was afraid of.
Up until I was 12, I believed in this guy that people call "Jesus".
I believed that gay people were wrong. Now, I'm bisexual.

-_- Damn my stupidity.
Quote this message in a reply
04-11-2011, 09:15 AM
(04-11-2011 04:06 AM)Filox Wrote:  Funny, but I always knew Santa and Tooth Fairy were my parents

This made me laugh Smile Family life must have been fun Big Grin
04-11-2011, 09:20 AM

(04-11-2011 04:06 AM)Filox Wrote:  Funny, but I always knew Santa and Tooth Fairy were my parents

When I found out that they were my parents, I wanted to run out there & be like:
"Yuuuuu' bastards! :o"
Quote this message in a reply
05-11-2011, 03:12 AM
Must be that I was an intelligent child then. Smile I don't know why, but I never cared for Santa, when my parents took me to see Santa and get presents from him (like a show or something) it was pretty obvious that that was some guy dressed as Santa. The thing I did care about were the presents, but Santa was just someone to help me get them. On Christmas I knew my parents just pretended that Santa brought me presents, in reality I didn't care who brought them, as long as they were there. It appears I was always realistic...

[Image: a6505fe8.jpg]
I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.
-Hunter S. Thompson
[+] 1 user Likes Filox's post