Street "magicians" tv reality shows.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
07-03-2015, 10:01 PM
Street "magicians" tv reality shows.
So I was at my mom's place today and she wanted me to watch this street illusionist, Troy, and at the end of each trick she's look over at me with a shiteating grin and ask me to explain how he did it.
Problem is, I know that the Illusionist is not doing the trick for the people on the street, I know the people are in on it, and that the only people getting tricked are the people watching the show. But my mom is enjoying it so I refuse to answer her.
Then she shows me one about a jump from one side of a draw bridge while it's up. And her nagging was getting annoying so I answered how he did each trick. She still doesn't believe me the people are just actors.

What do you think?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Rinyotsu's post
07-03-2015, 10:04 PM
RE: Street "magicians" tv reality shows.
Whenever a trick is done for TV the only ones not in on it are the TV audience.
07-03-2015, 10:19 PM
Even magicians on stage have plants in the audience. My late FIL was a famous magician. I've even had discussions about him with Dillahunty (an avid close-up magician himself). Yes, the people on the show are in on it. Have her watch that Magic Secrets Revealed TV show to see just how simple these things are. Once you see how it's done you can't believe you didn't guess it before.

Check out my now-defunct atheism blog. It's just a blog, no ads, no revenue, no gods.
----
Atheism promotes critical thinking; theism promotes hypocritical thinking. -- Me
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
07-03-2015, 11:23 PM
Doesn't even sound like a good show tbh. Maybe Troy will eventually make the show disappear.

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
[+] 2 users Like JDog554's post
08-03-2015, 12:29 PM
I can hope, I'd have more respect for him if he said he was an illusionist. Illusionists trick the mind which is awesome, but Troy seems more like a Chris Angel reboot.
08-03-2015, 01:30 PM
All illusions have one thing in common.

A complete, and utter lack of "magic"....

Keep that in mind and you're doing fine..

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 1 user Likes onlinebiker's post
08-03-2015, 01:58 PM
(08-03-2015 12:29 PM)Rinyotsu Wrote:  I can hope, I'd have more respect for him if he said he was an illusionist. Illusionists trick the mind which is awesome, but Troy seems more like a Chris Angel reboot.

I watched Chris Angel saw a woman in half right befor my eyes.
She was laying on a platform (she was not in a box) suspended by 8 chains. He took out the chainsaw and started cutting her in half. There was blood everywhere and she screamed for a little. Then he put her back together again.
It was pretty cool.
08-03-2015, 02:06 PM
(08-03-2015 01:58 PM)Drunkin Druid Wrote:  
(08-03-2015 12:29 PM)Rinyotsu Wrote:  I can hope, I'd have more respect for him if he said he was an illusionist. Illusionists trick the mind which is awesome, but Troy seems more like a Chris Angel reboot.

I watched Chris Angel saw a woman in half right befor my eyes.
She was laying on a platform (she was not in a box) suspended by 8 chains. He took out the chainsaw and started cutting her in half. There was blood everywhere and she screamed for a little. Then he put her back together again.
It was pretty cool.

No he did not saw her in half, if he had done that in reality she would be dead. Not knowing how he did the illusion does not make the laws of physics or biology suspend. It merely means you do not know the secrets to the illusion.

Poetry by Brian37(poems by an atheist) Also on Facebook as BrianJames Rational Poet and Twitter Brianrrs37
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
08-03-2015, 08:35 PM (This post was last modified: 08-03-2015 08:46 PM by Drunkin Druid.)
(08-03-2015 02:06 PM)Brian37 Wrote:  
(08-03-2015 01:58 PM)Drunkin Druid Wrote:  I watched Chris Angel saw a woman in half right befor my eyes.
It was pretty cool.

No he did not saw her in half, if he had done that in reality she would be dead. Not knowing how he did the illusion does not make the laws of physics or biology suspend. It merely means you do not know the secrets to the illusion.
Well duh...
I'm not fucking stupid! How's about a little credit man. I mean fucking really.
Pfft..
[+] 2 users Like Drunkin Druid's post
08-03-2015, 08:58 PM (This post was last modified: 08-03-2015 09:07 PM by Drunkin Druid.)
I also witnessed him reading a mind and disappearing into thin air only to reappear behind the audience. I really believe it was magic because my small and feeble mind can't comprehend the idea of illusion and trickery. Nope no smoke and mirrors for Chris Angel. He has dark powers handed to him by Satan himself. Must have sold his soul or something..Smile