Streetbeefs.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
09-01-2016, 10:33 AM
Streetbeefs.
A couple of years ago I subscribed to a channel called streetbeefs on youtube and enjoyed watching the fights on there.

The guy who runs it all, scarface, decided that he was tired of people mindlessly getting killed over disputes, when one of his close friends was gunned down and killed. So he began finding people who had disputes and before it could escalate to the point where people could get seriously injured or even killed, invited them to fight it out in his back yard with rules and regulations.

He had two freelance journalists who came and made a documentary about him and what he did and they were going to sell his story to Vice news. Vice decided they didn't want it so instead, today his documentary has been published by the NY Times.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/01/10/us/a-b...ottom-well

I feel so much, and yet I feel nothing.
I am a rock, I am the sky, the birds and the trees and everything beyond.
I am the wind, in the fields in which I roar. I am the water, in which I drown.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes bemore's post
09-01-2016, 02:23 PM
RE: Streetbeefs.
(09-01-2016 10:33 AM)bemore Wrote:  A couple of years ago I subscribed to a channel called streetbeefs on youtube and enjoyed watching the fights on there.

The guy who runs it all, scarface, decided that he was tired of people mindlessly getting killed over disputes, when one of his close friends was gunned down and killed. So he began finding people who had disputes and before it could escalate to the point where people could get seriously injured or even killed, invited them to fight it out in his back yard with rules and regulations.

He had two freelance journalists who came and made a documentary about him and what he did and they were going to sell his story to Vice news. Vice decided they didn't want it so instead, today his documentary has been published by the NY Times.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/01/10/us/a-b...ottom-well

Do you imagine that after getting beaten up in a fight that way the loser wouldn't still carry a grudge and go looking for the other guy? Pay backs!
09-01-2016, 04:00 PM
Maybe unarmed combat isn't a person's strength... Maybe they've got fancy swordsmanship. What happens then? Hardly seems fair to limit it to fists
09-01-2016, 04:03 PM
(09-01-2016 04:00 PM)WeAreTheCosmos Wrote:  Maybe unarmed combat isn't a person's strength... Maybe they've got fancy swordsmanship. What happens then? Hardly seems fair to limit it to fists

I agree, pistols at dawn it is my good sir.
09-01-2016, 04:05 PM
I college we had a small Karate Tournament. It had been 2 or so years since I was in a compotion, so I was a bit rusty. I didn't win. But was still able to get to the last few rounds. My roommate was a self taught shaolin fighter. Very dedicated but learned threw kung-fu movies and on-line videos. He was good enough and won the competition.

However, after it was over the runner up was not happy with the final votes. A few of his friends started showing up outside our apartment looking for him. They wanted to go up against the "champion" without any judges.

Thankfully after a few days things cooled down. But even in "friendly" competitions some people can't let go of grudges.

Don't Live each day like it's your last. Live each day like you have 541 days after that one where every choice you make will have lasting implications to you and the world around you. ~ Tim Minchin
09-01-2016, 04:09 PM
Instead of fighting people should just.. oh I dunno.. not and get over it.
Radical concept I know.
[+] 2 users Like earmuffs's post
09-01-2016, 04:16 PM
I liked it. it seems honor, in a twisted form, is important to them. So when they agree to settle it then and there it might actual be a solution. . . to some at least. I guess as long as it prevent just one shooting that could hit innocents it's great.
09-01-2016, 04:59 PM
Anyone remember Bum Fights? Came out about 10 or more years ago where they paid homeless people to fight or cause boldly harm to themselves.

Don't Live each day like it's your last. Live each day like you have 541 days after that one where every choice you make will have lasting implications to you and the world around you. ~ Tim Minchin
09-01-2016, 05:55 PM
I understand that people may have different views to this. Whilst I don't think it's perfect, it seems to work for some people.

I'm friends with Chris/scarface on facebook. Do not let appearance's decieve you, we have shared some very deep, philosophical discussions and I believe he is a good guy.

The exposure of this today on the ny times and what he does has blown up massively. He has been approached by two universities asking to give talks to students on his views on gun crime and he has been approached by 7 different tv producers wanting to make a reality programme.

I feel so much, and yet I feel nothing.
I am a rock, I am the sky, the birds and the trees and everything beyond.
I am the wind, in the fields in which I roar. I am the water, in which I drown.
09-01-2016, 09:05 PM
I thought this was about cattle in India. Me so disappoint. Sadcryface

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post