Stress, anxiety, depression, acid reflux?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
16-05-2016, 10:29 AM (This post was last modified: 16-05-2016 10:36 AM by WeAreTheCosmos.)
Stress, anxiety, depression, acid reflux?
I work a very stressful job which really highlights the stupidity and carelessness of others. Nothing comes to me unless it's already been screwed up in some way. Most days I will leave with a slightly larger pile of work than when I came in. There has been two days in the last couple years when I had zero pending issues at the end of the day. Half of these problems are caused by other employees who just get to leave at the end of their shift like "nother day nother dollar", and the stuff they fucked up is still my problem.

This job requires probably three people, but we make due with two... As of today, my coworker is officially off for a few weeks for medical leave.

I was already having the worst acid reflux I've ever had over the last two weeks and am going tomorrow for some tests. I have been taking PPIs twice a day for the last week and half (once a day for much longer), max dosing ENO, tums, and gaviscon just to get by... I also suffer anxiety and situational depression...

I say situational because it's always been from a specific thing. Years ago it was from a nerve disorder that was undiagnosed, that I thought I was dying from. Now, it's this acid... I can't eat anything delicious, or in the amount I'd like. It follows me all day. I can't lift heavy. I can't sleep laying down.

I'm so on edge that I feel like I could have a massive coronary or aneurism at any moment (both of my mother's sisters have had multiple brain surgeries for aenurisms). My blood pressure, which has been 105/75 my whole life, was 150+ the last few times I checked.

I work at least one day each weekend, and with the lack of coworker, I'll probably need to work both days this weekend... but I can't. My girlfriend planned some big thing for my birthday, and now all I'm thinking is I'm not going to enjoy any of it with my anxiety and acid issue. I can't sleep laying down, so I'll be awake all night in a hotel room, worried about aenurisms and throat cancer or something... won't use the hot tub, cause they're disgusting. Severely limited choices at whatever fancy restaurant she picked (it was all planned before the reflux got bad a couple weeks ago)

I need a vacation... and I really don't need this birthday weekend.

Even thinking about flying away in a spaceship is ruined, because how the hell is my stomach acid going to stay down in zero gravity??
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like WeAreTheCosmos's post
16-05-2016, 11:00 AM
RE: Stress, anxiety, depression, acid reflux?
Bummer. I understand that pressure cooker and cleaning up everybody's messes, myself. Add a shrieking harpy of a supervisor. I got prescription medication for acid reflux and blood pressure. Have you seen a doctor for this? I'd finally had enough and got a new assignment. Within three months I was off those medications.
[+] 2 users Like Fireball's post
16-05-2016, 11:33 AM
I think I'm having a sympathetic anxiety attack just reading that. Hug

Sounds like you need tests (upper gi) and meds, OTC's will not do and a new fucking job.

For the weekend get yourself a wedge pillow to keep your upper body elevated. Walmart has them cheap. I use Zantac 150 twice a day for my reflux. Works fast a great. I've been on it since my gallbladder was removed 32no yrs ago. I sleep flat every night.

And please start looking for another job this one is killing you. Sad

[Image: dnw9krH.jpg?4]
[+] 2 users Like Heatheness's post
16-05-2016, 11:45 AM
(16-05-2016 11:00 AM)Fireball Wrote:  Bummer. I understand that pressure cooker and cleaning up everybody's messes, myself. Add a shrieking harpy of a supervisor. I got prescription medication for acid reflux and blood pressure. Have you seen a doctor for this? I'd finally had enough and got a new assignment. Within three months I was off those medications.

Already taking a prescribed PPI to lower acid production. It seems to work... for a very short time.
16-05-2016, 11:56 AM
(16-05-2016 11:33 AM)Heatheness Wrote:  I think I'm having a sympathetic anxiety attack just reading that. Hug

Sounds like you need tests (upper gi) and meds, OTC's will not do and a new fucking job.

For the weekend get yourself a wedge pillow to keep your upper body elevated. Walmart has them cheap. I use Zantac 150 twice a day for my reflux. Works fast a great. I've been on it since my gallbladder was removed 32no yrs ago. I sleep flat every night.

And please start looking for another job this one is killing you. Sad

Yeah, I definitely need to find something else. Would be easier if I had anything impressive to put on a resume, though. Bangin
[+] 1 user Likes WeAreTheCosmos's post
16-05-2016, 12:11 PM
At one time I had acid reflux - I actually ended up in the E.R. thinking I was having a heart attack.....

I did some acid blockers for a while - but found that getting rid of the stress in my life did more.

Once she was all moved out - I noticed I felt better.......

Funny, but true...

Big Grin

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 5 users Like onlinebiker's post
16-05-2016, 12:26 PM
(16-05-2016 12:11 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  At one time I had acid reflux - I actually ended up in the E.R. thinking I was having a heart attack.....

I did some acid blockers for a while - but found that getting rid of the stress in my life did more.

Funny, but true...

Big Grin
I had a trip to the ER like that not too long ago for the same thing. I decided that having better boundaries with the toxic people in my life was far more effective than Xanax. Although sometimes Xanax is nice too!
[+] 1 user Likes Kaiscio's post
16-05-2016, 01:38 PM
(16-05-2016 12:11 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  At one time I had acid reflux - I actually ended up in the E.R. thinking I was having a heart attack.....

Funny, but true...

Big Grin

Only problem is that while my job is stressing me out, and definitely not apologizing for it, I can't blame the girlfriend(though she also contributes her fair share of stress). Neither of them are likely to take me back if I quit... coin toss?

Three weeks sober... all I want is beer and some hot wings.
16-05-2016, 01:42 PM
(16-05-2016 12:26 PM)Kaiscio Wrote:  

Funny, but true...

Big Grin
I had a trip to the ER like that not too long ago for the same thing. I decided that having better boundaries with the toxic people in my life was far more effective than Xanax. Although sometimes Xanax is nice too!

If I didn't bike and exercise all the time, I'd probably have thought the same thing. Sometimes it feels like pressure... but I know my ticker is pretty good.

I might look into something for anxiety, that's taken occasionally. I don't want anything continuous to zombify me.
16-05-2016, 02:20 PM
(16-05-2016 01:42 PM)WeAreTheCosmos Wrote:  
(16-05-2016 12:26 PM)Kaiscio Wrote:  I had a trip to the ER like that not too long ago for the same thing. I decided that having better boundaries with the toxic people in my life was far more effective than Xanax. Although sometimes Xanax is nice too!

If I didn't bike and exercise all the time, I'd probably have thought the same thing. Sometimes it feels like pressure... but I know my ticker is pretty good.

I might look into something for anxiety, that's taken occasionally. I don't want anything continuous to zombify me.

You could try a little Apple Cider Vinegar. I know it sounds counter intuitive, but it works for a lot of people, without all the meds.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 2 users Like Dom's post