Stressed Out With Family Argument About Wedding

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
12-09-2014, 05:52 PM
RE: Stressed Out With Family Argument About Wedding
I find it significant that your dad agrees with you that his own brother should not be invited.

It's your party, you can invite whoever you like.

That said, when I got married the first time (I had just barely turned 18) I had a similar issue and ended up having two receptions. I had a secular wedding at the courthouse the first time and we invited all of our friends and a few select relatives to a celebration afterwards. The next week, we had a catholic wedding and the rest of the relatives came for that. It's a possibility.

Also, you can always elope - or tell your mom that's what you will do if you see uncle showing up.

It's YOUR day. YOU will make the memory of a life time.

Your uncle isn't welcome, it's YOUR decision.

If your mom wants to get married again, she can invite whoever SHE wants.

The fact that she makes such demands ticks me off, can you tell? That's not love!

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like Dom's post
12-09-2014, 06:13 PM (This post was last modified: 12-09-2014 06:22 PM by GirlyMan.)
(12-09-2014 03:54 PM)Chas Wrote:  Your party, your guest list.Yes

Yup. I have a cousin who didn't invite me to her wedding over 20 years ago now. No skin off my scrotum. We've never spoken since. Her brother did invite me to his and we have remained close over the decades. Your wedding, your call.

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
12-09-2014, 06:42 PM
Sounds like you shouldn't invite your mom, either.

This "it's family" routine is a crock. Being family is not a free pass to heap abuse on someone.

Atheism is NOT a Religion. It's A Personal Relationship With Reality!
[+] 3 users Like Minimalist's post