String Theory Is A Fairy Tale

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
02-03-2017, 02:13 PM
String Theory Is A Fairy Tale
How many atheists can read this Op title and not start foaming at the mouth because I've apparently blasphemed Almighty Science? That's what I usually find on FB.

String theory has critics that call it a fairy tale and a pipe dream. Apparently ST is unfalsifiable to the tune of 10^500 and there is zero evidence for it. Yes, the math is solid but math is not experimental evidence and thinking math is evidence of math is circular logic by which I could POOF a multiverse into existence on a chalk board.

There is debate to remove Popper criteria from theoretical physics so their fairy tale will count as real science instead of being dumped off into the metaphysics department.

What happens when I debate ST as a fairy tale is predictable. Usually what happens is this.

1. My opponents start off with insults. I'm not a physicist, I don't know crap .

This is rejecting my argument *before* its understood. That would be a fail.

2. The definition of fairy tale proves my argument wrong.
I'm sorry, a dictionary doesn't win a physics debate.

3. ST is so a theory because science wouldn't call it a theory if it wasn't.

Sorry, its not a real theory. At best, its a hypothesis on steroids.

4. There is so evidence for ST cuz math is evidence of math.

Sorry, this is circular logic.

5. It is so testable because this phys dot org article says so.

Sorry, it has never been tested and even if it was tested, its so unfalsifiable it doesn't matter if it was tested.

6. the actual debate where I get a physicist to feed me my answers.

I never need him.

My string theory debates really aren't about string theory. Its about the reactions of the atheists who respond to me. What happens is a demonstration of how atheists react just like a theist doing the same irrational/defensive/willfully ignorant dance. This exposes how atheists throw their logic out the window when out of the god arena.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
02-03-2017, 02:15 PM
RE: String Theory Is A Fairy Tale
String Theory is quite real.

[Image: 81283-heart-string-micro-bikini-900x900.jpg]

Atheism is NOT a Religion. It's A Personal Relationship With Reality!
[+] 6 users Like Minimalist's post
02-03-2017, 02:19 PM
[Image: thong_zpsz6bs04a1.jpg]

#sigh
[+] 5 users Like GirlyMan's post
02-03-2017, 02:23 PM
(02-03-2017 02:13 PM)Geekgroupie Wrote:  How many atheists can read this Op title and not start foaming at the mouth because I've apparently blasphemed Almighty Science?

Scientists are better aware of the limitations of string theory than anyone, so aside from your belligerence there's nothing new in what you said. Scientists don't claim that they will be able to answer all questions. Scientists speculate about string theory because it might be true even if they can never prove it true. Meanwhile they search for low energy solutions.

Atheists don't worship "Almighty Science", but they do realize, because of our human limitations, that science is the only reliable way to answer our questions -- if it is possible to answer them at all.
[+] 5 users Like Thoreauvian's post
02-03-2017, 02:24 PM (This post was last modified: 02-03-2017 05:11 PM by unfogged.)
(02-03-2017 02:13 PM)Geekgroupie Wrote:  How many atheists can read this Op title and not start foaming at the mouth because I've apparently blasphemed Almighty Science? That's what I usually find on FB.

My initial reaction was no, not a fairy tale, but "Theory" is probably premature. It doesn't seem to have the necessary support to really deserve that title. Sorry to disappoint you in your stereotyping. Perhaps if you go back to facebook you can engage in more confirmation bias.

Quote:My string theory debates really aren't about string theory. Its about the reactions of the atheists who respond to me. What happens is a demonstration of how atheists react just like a theist doing the same irrational/defensive/willfully ignorant dance. This exposes how atheists throw their logic out the window when out of the god arena.

Nice to know that you admit to being a troll. Not that that wasn't obvious pretty much from the start. Hope that works out well for you.

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 4 users Like unfogged's post
02-03-2017, 02:24 PM
String theory is an interesting idea, but, whether it's true or not is not really that important to me.
[+] 1 user Likes Emma's post
02-03-2017, 02:27 PM
(02-03-2017 02:13 PM)Geekgroupie Wrote:  How many atheists can read this Op title and not start foaming at the mouth because I've apparently blasphemed Almighty Science? That's what I usually find on FB.

String theory has critics that call it a fairy tale and a pipe dream. Apparently ST is unfalsifiable to the tune of 10^500 and there is zero evidence for it. Yes, the math is solid but math is not experimental evidence and thinking math is evidence of math is circular logic by which I could POOF a multiverse into existence on a chalk board.

There is debate to remove Popper criteria from theoretical physics so their fairy tale will count as real science instead of being dumped off into the metaphysics department.

What happens when I debate ST as a fairy tale is predictable. Usually what happens is this.

1. My opponents start off with insults. I'm not a physicist, I don't know crap .

This is rejecting my argument *before* its understood. That would be a fail.

2. The definition of fairy tale proves my argument wrong.
I'm sorry, a dictionary doesn't win a physics debate.

3. ST is so a theory because science wouldn't call it a theory if it wasn't.

Sorry, its not a real theory. At best, its a hypothesis on steroids.

4. There is so evidence for ST cuz math is evidence of math.

Sorry, this is circular logic.

5. It is so testable because this phys dot org article says so.

Sorry, it has never been tested and even if it was tested, its so unfalsifiable it doesn't matter if it was tested.

6. the actual debate where I get a physicist to feed me my answers.

I never need him.

My string theory debates really aren't about string theory. Its about the reactions of the atheists who respond to me. What happens is a demonstration of how atheists react just like a theist doing the same irrational/defensive/willfully ignorant dance. This exposes how atheists throw their logic out the window when out of the god arena.

Oh you poor poor poor baby. You're SO fucking mistreated.
Congratualtions.
What is this, your 4th (?) attention-seeking thread in 1 day.

Fuck

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
02-03-2017, 02:35 PM
(02-03-2017 02:19 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  [Image: thong_zpsz6bs04a1.jpg]

Laugh out load Is that you Girly? And is that the price tag sticking out of the butt crack? Please tell me it is. Dodgy

[Image: 14119057509_93d862bf1d_b.jpg]

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 7 users Like dancefortwo's post
02-03-2017, 02:43 PM
(02-03-2017 02:13 PM)Geekgroupie Wrote:  . ---
----

Why did you write this thread in the science forum, Olivia?

Maybe we can move it to the atheism/theism forum for you. Shy

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 1 user Likes kim's post
02-03-2017, 02:48 PM
(02-03-2017 02:35 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  
(02-03-2017 02:19 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  [Image: thong_zpsz6bs04a1.jpg]

Laugh out load Is that you Girly? And is that the price tag sticking out of the butt crack? Please tell me it is. Dodgy
Rolleyes

I think it's a designer tag. Only the most chic of thongs for Girly. Shy

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 3 users Like kim's post