String Theory Is A Fairy Tale

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
14-03-2017, 09:08 AM
RE: String Theory Is A Fairy Tale
(14-03-2017 09:05 AM)Szuchow Wrote:  Communism have some economic underpinning. But Raymond Aron in his The Opium of The Intellectuals put it better than I ever could:

Oh, great.

ANOTHER book added to my "must read" list.

It's a damn tall stack. Blink
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Heath_Tierney's post
14-03-2017, 09:10 AM
(14-03-2017 09:08 AM)Heath_Tierney Wrote:  
(14-03-2017 09:05 AM)Szuchow Wrote:  Communism have some economic underpinning. But Raymond Aron in his The Opium of The Intellectuals put it better than I ever could:

Oh, great.

ANOTHER book added to my "must read" list.

It's more than good. Definitely worth reading. I also heard a good things about Andrzej Walicki Marxism and the Leap to the Kingdom of Freedom: The Rise and Fall of the Communist Utopia. It is on Amazon and despite author being Pole it is hard to get here.

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
14-03-2017, 09:28 AM
(14-03-2017 09:08 AM)Heath_Tierney Wrote:  ANOTHER book added to my "must read" list.

I'm glad I'm retired so I can catch up on reading the books I've been piling up for years now. I figure if I keep reading 100 books a year, I will have read all of my books in about 11 years. Then I can start on my wife's library, which is even bigger.

Shocking
[+] 2 users Like Thoreauvian's post