Strip Mall Churches

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
04-01-2014, 07:38 PM
Strip Mall Churches
I'm probably the only one that finds this funny but I'm still posting it . . .

Welcome to the Bible Belt where we have churches everywhere, even in strip malls between a Chinese restaurant and a grocery store!

[Image: photo-1_zps4f0aa670.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like southernbelle's post
04-01-2014, 07:40 PM
RE: Strip Mall Churches
Why do you Americans use malls as places of social gathering????

Swith to the European model where social gatherings are conducted in pubs, nightclubs, crackhouses, the bong and public parks.

[Image: RPYH95t.png]
[+] 4 users Like The Germans are coming's post
04-01-2014, 07:40 PM
I am kind of fond of a local church that went into the building that used to be a feed and seed store. It's shaped like a barn. And yeah, you get south of the Mason-Dixon line and can find churches everywhere.

I'm not anti-social. I'm pro-solitude. Sleepy
04-01-2014, 07:42 PM
I think I rather have them there then next to schools.

. . . ................................ ......................................... . [Image: 2dsmnow.gif] Eat at Joe's
[+] 5 users Like Slowminded's post
04-01-2014, 07:44 PM
(04-01-2014 07:40 PM)The Germans are coming Wrote:  Why do you Americans use malls as places of social gathering????

Swith to the European model where social gatherings are conducted in pubs, nightclubs, crackhouses, the bong and public parks.

"The bong" doesn't quite fit with those other things. Anyway, we can do that in Colorado -- no need to go all the way to Europe.
[+] 1 user Likes Grasshopper's post
04-01-2014, 10:11 PM
Maybe the rent is cheaper in strip malls!Big Grin
[+] 1 user Likes Juv's post
04-01-2014, 10:45 PM
(04-01-2014 07:42 PM)Slowminded Wrote:  I think I rather have them there then next to schools.

We actually do have two near the elementary school we went to. We once took a field trip to one of them!

Oh and there's this one and three others about a minute from the high school. There's probably more, but it's hard to count them all.
04-01-2014, 11:55 PM
(04-01-2014 07:40 PM)The Germans are coming Wrote:  Why do you Americans use malls as places of social gathering????

The size of German beer glasses makes the pub EXTRA social! Smile

A man blames his bad childhood on leprechauns. He claims they don't exist, but yet still says without a doubt that they stole all his money and then killed his parents. That's why he became Leprechaun-Man

Im_Ryan forum member
04-01-2014, 11:58 PM

You forgot....my pants!!! Banana_zorro

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
[+] 2 users Like evenheathen's post
05-01-2014, 05:44 AM

I just want to know why all you people want to socialize in person, when there is a perfectly good internet right at home. Malls? No, Amazon. Pubs? Brew your own beer, or buy it at the store and drink it at home and save some money. Nightclubs? Why the fuck would I want to go there....as a matter of fact, lets chuck crackhouses an public parks into the same category. Bong...that isn't a destination, it is a device. I think you should cut down on the crack and weed a little bit.