Struggles or Plain Sailing?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
11-06-2016, 08:22 AM
RE: Struggles or Plain Sailing?
(11-06-2016 07:45 AM)RobbyPants Wrote:  
(11-06-2016 06:51 AM)Dramamask Wrote:  I can certainly identify with what you say on the first bit. I put it down to conscious conflicts with old programmed belief systems, although it doesn't take away the emotional turmoil, some may go through.

Agreed. It's probably the reason a lot of believers have doubts, but ultimately come back. There are a lot of layers of belief you have to fully break out of. If even one snags you, you will likely remain a believer, with or without doubts.

It's why the Lord "works in mysterious ways" and that Satan is "the great deceiver" and you shouldn't trust his lies, and that God's foolishness is stronger than our wisdom. The Bible very explicitly tells you that if none of this makes sense, at best, you shouldn't worry about it, and at worst it's your fault.

It's quite ironic really, that it seems the atheists who have struggled with early beliefs of god, etc, have followed their own way, or to trust in their own judgement, which almost sounds religious. There was a point, when I read a fair bit of relgious stuff, where this seemed to be the message - almost saying to reject what is being written and follow your own way - for instance, the temples is inside, not in any church, etc. I have wondered if some of the stuff written, was coded and was actually promoting reason and the rest. Who knows? I guess that is the vagueness of all the religious stuff. I remember when my own my changed (for the better), I read the Bible in a completely different way, or should I say, I interpreted the Bible in a different way, which was more on a psychoanalytical level. I am still very intrigued with Revelation, as I am not sure whether this book was a coded message, or somebody who discovered copious amounts of LSD many years before the 20th Century! Haha!! Big Grin
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Dramamask's post
11-06-2016, 08:25 AM
"Without agitation, there can be no revolution."
After the revolution, there will be no agitation.

I think that there is something in that for all of us. haha
Find all posts by this user
11-06-2016, 08:44 AM
(11-06-2016 08:25 AM)carusmm Wrote:  "Without agitation, there can be no revolution."

You just going to drop your crap in every thread...that's frowned on here.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
[+] 2 users Like Anjele's post
11-06-2016, 08:48 AM
(11-06-2016 08:44 AM)Anjele Wrote:  
(11-06-2016 08:25 AM)carusmm Wrote:  "Without agitation, there can be no revolution."

I thought it had relevance.
11-06-2016, 09:00 AM
(11-06-2016 08:44 AM)Anjele Wrote:  

Are there some non-atheists on this board? Perhaps a-atheists! Haha!! Big Grin I guess it goes with the territory, if there are, in the form of fanatics. I just hope my thread doesn't get sabotaged by some fundamentalist virtual bomb! Haha!! Big Grin It seems there are a few, which I wasn't expecting here, all the same.
11-06-2016, 09:06 AM
(11-06-2016 08:48 AM)carusmm Wrote:  
(11-06-2016 08:44 AM)Anjele Wrote:  You just going to drop your crap in every thread...that's frowned on here.

I thought it had relevance.

You thought wrong. Make a thread and post all your deepities there.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

11-06-2016, 09:08 AM
(11-06-2016 09:00 AM)Dramamask Wrote:  
(11-06-2016 08:44 AM)Anjele Wrote:  You just going to drop your crap in every thread...that's frowned on here.

Are there some non-atheists on this board? Perhaps a-atheists! Haha!! Big Grin I guess it goes with the territory, if there are, in the form of fanatics. I just hope my thread doesn't get sabotaged by some fundamentalist virtual bomb! Haha!! Big Grin It seems there are a few, which I wasn't expecting here, all the same.

We do have a few...a couple are quite popular members of the forum, one was even admin for a time.

Some are preachy, superior pains in the ass that think they are fulfilling some directive to save us from ourselves...oh, and that eternal damnation they are so fond of.

[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
11-06-2016, 09:11 AM
(11-06-2016 09:06 AM)Anjele Wrote:  
(11-06-2016 08:48 AM)carusmm Wrote:  I thought it had relevance.

You thought wrong. Make a thread and post all your deepities there.

Okay, sorry to disturb you in your personal travails.
11-06-2016, 09:13 AM
(11-06-2016 09:08 AM)Anjele Wrote:  
(11-06-2016 09:00 AM)Dramamask Wrote:  Are there some non-atheists on this board? Perhaps a-atheists! Haha!! Big Grin I guess it goes with the territory, if there are, in the form of fanatics. I just hope my thread doesn't get sabotaged by some fundamentalist virtual bomb! Haha!! Big Grin It seems there are a few, which I wasn't expecting here, all the same.

We do have a few...a couple are quite popular members of the forum, one was even admin for a time.

Some are preachy, superior pains in the ass that think they are fulfilling some directive to save us from ourselves...oh, and that eternal damnation they are so fond of.

Haha!! Big Grin Know the sort! Btw, I invited some Jehovah Witnesses into my home a couple of years ago and they took me out for a meal. I think they thought I was going to join and I don't think they realised I was only interested in the psychology of the whole thing, plus a free Bible study. I don't think they understood that I could be interested in religion without being religious. Still, I'm sounded pompous now! Haha!! Big Grin
11-06-2016, 09:14 AM
(11-06-2016 09:11 AM)carusmm Wrote:  
(11-06-2016 09:06 AM)Anjele Wrote:  You thought wrong. Make a thread and post all your deepities there.

Okay, sorry to disturb you in your personal travails.

Maybe write your own point of view. Smile