Struggling with low weight/eating

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
29-11-2016, 01:31 PM
RE: Struggling with low weight/eating
While not really a great recommendation -a marijuana habit and a job at Krispy Kreme Doughnuts might do the job...

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes onlinebiker's post
29-11-2016, 04:52 PM
Ok guys and gals, let the fat guy speak:

So first of all, did you get a medical checkup? Because maybe there is an illness or some other physical or hormonal issue that is causing you to lose weight too fast.
I had a friend once who had a thyroid problem and from eating normally she would lose weight. In my case, I also have a thyroid issue, eating normally makes me gain weight (without medication).
Not saying you have a thyroid problem, just saying there can be a medical reason for this.

Now apart from that, I agree with Sturm, if your anxiety is the reason for your problems with eating, you really should maybe see a therapist or find someone else who can help you through this.

Now for the short term and maybe to make it a habit for you:
* Protein shakes > They come in different flavours. If you make them with milk instead of water (almond milk or coconut milk are great for this) you even get some extra flavour and extra calories in. So one portion of proteinshake is usually around 200 calories, add almond milk, that will be another 20 calories just because it is not water.
* Drink fruit juice > No added sugar. Just the pure fresh fruit juice will give you calories and vitamins. The Fructose will give you some energy as well.
* Make smoothies > Some people just find eating inconvenient or are not patient to sit down for the meal. So just make yourself some fruit or vegetable smoothies instead of skipping the meal. Depending on what you put in there, they can be very high in calories too. And they give you lots of nutricious, they are light, and tasty.
* Snacks > You can always snack some nuts or fruit or vegetables between meals or when you just happen to think about the fact that you haven't really eaten today.
* Always have some kind of snack with you. Put a cereal bar in your backpack or whatever you carry around. Just in case you happen to think about the fact that you haven't eaten yet or you feel a bit hungry for a minute.
* Stick to your meal times. Even if you don't want to sit down, stick to the times at least. Have a high calorie drink (those sports drinks for example) just so you get something in your body.
* Exersize for muscle. What I mean with this is > Don't do running or cycling. Do weights and such things instead. That will give you a nice muscle tone and you will gain weight too.
* Take the lift / escalator rather than the stairs until you have your weight under control. You might be a very very active person naturally but obviously your metabolism is very fast and you already forget to eat, so until you got your weight under control, try to remove too much extra moving. This is so counter intuitive because we always learn to take the stairs and walk etc, but you are losing way too fast and way too easy already. So as the point above, really if you want to exersize, do it with purpose.
* Don't be afraid of fats and carbs. The correct type and correct amount is good for you, not bad. Potato rather than pasta, olive oil rather than butter, etc. Good oils can be found in olives, nuts, and such things.

"Freedom is the freedom to say that 2+2=4" - George Orwell (in 1984)
- Wotsefack?! -
[+] 4 users Like Leerob's post
29-11-2016, 09:36 PM
Thank you very much to all of you. Your advice is very helpful. I'd like to clarify just a few things:

- I am not very physically active. I have cerebral palsy, and though it's not the worst it could be, it does affect my legs and how I walk, so it's difficult to take long walks and stand for too long, things like that (and even if I wanted to go out for something like that, I'm not allowed to because the neighborhood we live in isn't necessarily the nicest. Blink ) That being said, I understand that I do need to do at least a bit more physically. I spend a lot more time in my room than I should.

- I did get a referral to see a therapist, however, I have not officially made the appointment with them yet because I get worried over the small stuff and I don't know if they're going to be a secular therapist or not. The need for a secular one is very critical -- mainly because I'm certain the giant anxiety spikes are caused by religious matters, and the last thing I want is someone trying to urge me to go back to church.

- .......... I am so mad that I've been eating all this junk in hopes of gaining weight. I didn't know the more healthy stuff was more effective. Facepalm Silly silly me -- but on the bright side I have had Ensure! I'm probably gonna get more soon, that stuff's really good.
29-11-2016, 09:48 PM (This post was last modified: 29-11-2016 09:52 PM by Loom.)
https://www.seculartherapy.org might be helpful.

My therapist is Christian and it so happens that I let it slip a few appointments ago that I'm an atheist. I feared the worst, but it turns out he doesn't care much about it aside from the fact that it's likely the cause of my anxiety. So in a way...it helped? But he's already a pretty chill guy to begin with, so I can't say your experience would be the same

Research the therapist you have a referral for. See what the reviews say. If it's not what you're looking for, take to google. There are many sites like the one I linked.

I hope you can find someone that suits you!

Ignorance is not to be ignored.

Check out my DA gallery! http://oo-kiri-oo.deviantart.com/gallery/
[+] 1 user Likes Loom's post
29-11-2016, 10:11 PM
(29-11-2016 09:36 PM)Diddlyboop Wrote:  Thank you very much to all of you. Your advice is very helpful. I'd like to clarify just a few things:

- I am not very physically active. I have cerebral palsy, and though it's not the worst it could be, it does affect my legs and how I walk, so it's difficult to take long walks and stand for too long, things like that (and even if I wanted to go out for something like that, I'm not allowed to because the neighborhood we live in isn't necessarily the nicest. Blink ) That being said, I understand that I do need to do at least a bit more physically. I spend a lot more time in my room than I should.

- I did get a referral to see a therapist, however, I have not officially made the appointment with them yet because I get worried over the small stuff and I don't know if they're going to be a secular therapist or not. The need for a secular one is very critical -- mainly because I'm certain the giant anxiety spikes are caused by religious matters, and the last thing I want is someone trying to urge me to go back to church.

- .......... I am so mad that I've been eating all this junk in hopes of gaining weight. I didn't know the more healthy stuff was more effective. Facepalm Silly silly me -- but on the bright side I have had Ensure! I'm probably gonna get more soon, that stuff's really good.

What little I know from observing persons with cerebral palsy would make me think that maybe swimming could be a good(?) exercise. There should be some regimen that would benefit you. Make that appointment! I'd like to think that a therapist is more interested in being helpful than condemning of a patient, based on a religious preference (yes, I know how they can be Rolleyes ) but you might be OK, and there is only one way to find out, right?
29-11-2016, 10:16 PM
(29-11-2016 09:48 PM)Loom Wrote:  https://www.seculartherapy.org might be helpful.

My therapist is Christian and it so happens that I let it slip a few appointments ago that I'm an atheist. I feared the worst, but it turns out he doesn't care much about it aside from the fact that it's likely the cause of my anxiety. So in a way...it helped? But he's already a pretty chill guy to begin with, so I can't say your experience would be the same

Research the therapist you have a referral for. See what the reviews say. If it's not what you're looking for, take to google. There are many sites like the one I linked.

I hope you can find someone that suits you!

Bolding mine. Way for the person to get under your chin! This to me is truly the problem with religious people; they'll just assume crap like this.
29-11-2016, 10:36 PM
(29-11-2016 08:21 AM)Dom Wrote:  Try ensure or boost. Cannabis and ensure brought my husband back from being literally skin and bones - cannabis is the very best appetite creating drug. Ensure and boost really do hit the spot, and they provide a decent balance of nutrients. Plus they taste like junk food.

I am a stress starver. I keep Boost in the fridge and some at work because sometimes I simply don't eat. At least I get some calories and vitamins in me. The rich chocolate is my favorite.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat

Are my Chakras on straight?
30-11-2016, 02:07 AM
(29-11-2016 01:45 AM)Diddlyboop Wrote:  It may sound like an odd problem to have, I don't know, but I've always had more trouble with gaining weight than losing it. I've always been a pretty thin girl, always on the side of slightly underweight. At my best I was at 120 pounds, and then my traumatic deconversion happened and -- well, things got bad quickly.

Making a long story short, I was so scared that I just stopped eating. I couldn't eat any more. My appetite was shot. I went from eating one meal a day to one bite a day, and needless to say I suffered greatly for that. Then I legit started vomiting every time I tried to get back to a normal diet, and that's when I ended up briefly hospitalized.

Then I started eating again, finding it much easier without the nausea. Soon my weight began to pick back up. But, you know, the worries come back and with my mood goes my ability to eat for some reason.

So then I dropped down to 89 pounds, and pretty much forced myself to start eating again. I'm trying to recover without any more relapses into not-eating mode. Sadcryface

I've tried everything to keep myself on track. Setting alarms for different meals, things like that, they didn't work. And it's not to say I've not tried fattening stuff (I eat mostly junk). But I have noticed that I'm starting to fall back into barely-eating and I don't want to end up accidentally dropping below 90 again, so does anyone have any tips for gaining weight and just dealing with this?

Diddlyboop,

Sorry to hear that you are struggling at the moment. Reading your post, it does sound as if there is an underlying problem (the deconversion?) which has tipped the balance.

My 2p would be to try to address the emotional side with a good counsellor and see if it changes things for you. So often we act out in ways that are driven by emotion and worry, even if we don't know its happening that way.

Hope things get easier for you.

D.
30-11-2016, 04:49 PM
It may not be a lot of help but do you have troubles drinking? Because I've always been underweight as well, until I started using a Soylent similar product for additional meals, it helped me gain 22 lbs, it did take me a long time though, perhaps 7 months. If you don't know what Soylent is, it is basically a meal replacement, powder you mix with water that contains all recommended daily intakes.

Sometimes I lived on this stuff alone for months, but eventually I went over to eating regular meals half of the time.

I find it easier to drink at least when I don't have an appetite...
[+] 1 user Likes Troxny's post
01-12-2016, 02:57 AM
(30-11-2016 02:07 AM)Dworkin Wrote:  
(29-11-2016 01:45 AM)Diddlyboop Wrote:  It may sound like an odd problem to have, I don't know, but I've always had more trouble with gaining weight than losing it. I've always been a pretty thin girl, always on the side of slightly underweight. At my best I was at 120 pounds, and then my traumatic deconversion happened and -- well, things got bad quickly.

Making a long story short, I was so scared that I just stopped eating. I couldn't eat any more. My appetite was shot. I went from eating one meal a day to one bite a day, and needless to say I suffered greatly for that. Then I legit started vomiting every time I tried to get back to a normal diet, and that's when I ended up briefly hospitalized.

Then I started eating again, finding it much easier without the nausea. Soon my weight began to pick back up. But, you know, the worries come back and with my mood goes my ability to eat for some reason.

So then I dropped down to 89 pounds, and pretty much forced myself to start eating again. I'm trying to recover without any more relapses into not-eating mode. Sadcryface

I've tried everything to keep myself on track. Setting alarms for different meals, things like that, they didn't work. And it's not to say I've not tried fattening stuff (I eat mostly junk). But I have noticed that I'm starting to fall back into barely-eating and I don't want to end up accidentally dropping below 90 again, so does anyone have any tips for gaining weight and just dealing with this?

Diddlyboop,

Sorry to hear that you are struggling at the moment. Reading your post, it does sound as if there is an underlying problem (the deconversion?) which has tipped the balance.

My 2p would be to try to address the emotional side with a good counsellor and see if it changes things for you. So often we act out in ways that are driven by emotion and worry, even if we don't know its happening that way.

Hope things get easier for you.

D.

Thank you. Yes, I'm certain this problem of mine came with deconverting, especially with my fears of hell. They took a huge spike and ever since I haven't exactly been on track with my health, emotionally or physically. The eating problem's been the worst, but I'm working on it (and getting a lot of helpful advice here, from you included Thumbsup )