Struggling with low weight/eating

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
01-12-2016, 03:00 AM
RE: Struggling with low weight/eating
(30-11-2016 04:49 PM)Troxny Wrote:  It may not be a lot of help but do you have troubles drinking? Because I've always been underweight as well, until I started using a Soylent similar product for additional meals, it helped me gain 22 lbs, it did take me a long time though, perhaps 7 months. If you don't know what Soylent is, it is basically a meal replacement, powder you mix with water that contains all recommended daily intakes.

Sometimes I lived on this stuff alone for months, but eventually I went over to eating regular meals half of the time.

I find it easier to drink at least when I don't have an appetite...

Strangely, I've never had problems with drinking. I drank just fine even when at my worst (having to throw up after even one bite of food Sadcryface2 ) I suppose at the time the problem was that I wasn't drinking anything necessarily good to drink on its own or nutritious.

That being said, I'm definitely gonna try out Ensure or Boost and perhaps Soylent as well in case I have a particularly bad eating day.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
01-12-2016, 08:18 AM
(01-12-2016 03:00 AM)Diddlyboop Wrote:  
(30-11-2016 04:49 PM)Troxny Wrote:  It may not be a lot of help but do you have troubles drinking? Because I've always been underweight as well, until I started using a Soylent similar product for additional meals, it helped me gain 22 lbs, it did take me a long time though, perhaps 7 months. If you don't know what Soylent is, it is basically a meal replacement, powder you mix with water that contains all recommended daily intakes.

Sometimes I lived on this stuff alone for months, but eventually I went over to eating regular meals half of the time.

I find it easier to drink at least when I don't have an appetite...

Strangely, I've never had problems with drinking. I drank just fine even when at my worst (having to throw up after even one bite of food Sadcryface2 ) I suppose at the time the problem was that I wasn't drinking anything necessarily good to drink on its own or nutritious.

That being said, I'm definitely gonna try out Ensure or Boost and perhaps Soylent as well in case I have a particularly bad eating day.

Drink 2 or 3 of them every day whether it's a bad eating day or not. You need them to supplement even your good eating day intake. Kinda expensive though. Powder's a lot cheaper.

#sigh
01-12-2016, 10:56 AM
That being said, what does Soylent taste like? I noted that you have to mix it with water but does it change the flavor of the beverage at all? I don't drink water much solely because it doesn't have much of a taste to it (though I have been trying to drink it more frequently anyway).
01-12-2016, 11:10 AM
(01-12-2016 10:56 AM)Diddlyboop Wrote:  That being said, what does Soylent taste like? I noted that you have to mix it with water but does it change the flavor of the beverage at all? I don't drink water much solely because it doesn't have much of a taste to it (though I have been trying to drink it more frequently anyway).

Soy protein isolate and whey protein taste nasty. You can mask it with fruit and honey and chocolate in smoothies. Or you can just get used it to the nastiness and like I did. Smile

#sigh
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post