Stuck in the Dark Ages

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
22-06-2015, 05:19 AM
Stuck in the Dark Ages
I’ve lived in this neck of the woods for about a year now and it seems that just about everyone believes in god. I never have and find it strange because I’ve never come across a place like it. They are pleasant enough people but this level of believe is unhealthy. Even the local school teaches children that god exists, even though they are not a church school.

The only day I get to have a lie in is on Sunday – and that’s when they ring the bells of the local church. It’s the same every Sunday. I was talking to a neighbour about it the other day and she thinks that they are beautiful. She’s now aware that I am an Atheist and I’ve noticed that the locals’ attitude towards me have changed. I guess the jungle drums must have been hard at work.

I can very easily come up with quite a few reasons as to why it is unreasonable to think that god exists and yet, for some reason, most of the locals believe that he does. I thought that Man was beginning to move on from the Dark Ages but it would appear not.

Marburg virus, Ebola, Rabies, HIV, Smallpox, Hantavirus, Dengue Fever all brought to you by god - who cares for us and loves us all Censored
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
22-06-2015, 07:05 AM
RE: Stuck in the Dark Ages
Welcome to TTA, ghnta (if I may call you that).

I'm intrigued as to where 'this neck of the woods' might be located, but I think I can guess.

If the jungle drums get as loud as the church bells, this is a good place to have a rant.

Smile

22-06-2015, 07:19 AM
Welcome to the forum! And actually, not to pin you down or anything, but god does have a twitter account. It's called @thetweetofgod and it is fucking hilarious! The tweets that come from 'on high' prove that even god is an atheist. ;-)

**Crickets** -- God
22-06-2015, 07:29 AM
Welcome Smile

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
22-06-2015, 07:37 AM
Hello and welcome Smile

"The person who is certain, and who claims divine warrant for his certainty, belongs now to the infancy of our species." - Christopher Hitchens

"Remember kids, if you don't sin, then Jesus died for nothing. Have a great day!" - Ricky Gervais
22-06-2015, 08:02 AM
Hi there, Welcome to TTA Smile

“We can judge our progress by the courage of our questions and the depth of our answers, our willingness to embrace what is true rather than what feels good.”
― Carl Sagan
22-06-2015, 08:36 AM
(22-06-2015 07:05 AM)DLJ Wrote:  Welcome to TTA, ghnta (if I may call you that).

I'm intrigued as to where 'this neck of the woods' might be located, but I think I can guess.

If the jungle drums get as loud as the church bells, this is a good place to have a rant.

Smile
Thank you DLJ, Tonechaser, Jennybee, Eva, Worom and anyone else that I've forgotten to give a mench to.

Where's this neck of the woods? Let's put it this way, round here they say 'Gimme SIX'. I think that everyone around these parts is a Stackridge fan (deep joke there) and plays the banjo (a rather obvious joke). The local post box has "GR" on it & I kid you not. Know what? If you can ignore that little lot, apart from Sunday morning, it's so peaceful that you can actually hear the birds singing. I couldn't sleep one morning (ain't got used to the peace and quiet yet) so went out for a walk. Walked along a lane and heard a strange noise and saw a badger just ambling down the road minding its own business. On the way back, I saw Mr fox and the cubs. Can't buy stuff like that.

Marburg virus, Ebola, Rabies, HIV, Smallpox, Hantavirus, Dengue Fever all brought to you by god - who cares for us and loves us all Censored
[+] 4 users Like god has no twitter account's post
22-06-2015, 08:38 AM
kits, not cubs...

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
22-06-2015, 08:51 AM (This post was last modified: 22-06-2015 08:58 AM by god has no twitter account.)
(22-06-2015 08:38 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  kits, not cubs...

Copied from Wiki:

Male foxes are known as dogs, tods or reynards, females as vixens, and young as cubs, pups, or kits. A group of foxes is referred to as a skulk, leash, or earth.

[+] 2 users Like god has no twitter account's post
22-06-2015, 09:01 AM
I was promised a theist for supper.