Study says tired workers cost biz billions

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
03-12-2016, 06:12 PM
RE: Study says tired workers cost biz billions
(03-12-2016 02:36 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  I honestly don't think that an average work week of 40-50 hours is that bad. People today don't know how to rest. I remember my grandfather and father going to bed around 8pm every night. They both worked at Rockwell International at jobs that started at 7am. They slept 9-10 hours a night. And all hell broke loose if we made a peep after they laid down. There were no cell phones, laptops, ipads etc. The ringer on the house phone went to the silent position.

Nobody does that any more.

And higher populations mean people sit in traffic longer, so they have to wake up earlier and get home later. The work day is extended not by the job, but by travel.

I agree with this too, the development of suburban zones is also to blame for this. To add to the problem (and stress) of travel. With new communication technology, work "infiltratre" private life much more easily. Before, when work related stuff was dancing in your head, you had to wait for the next work day to act on it. Not so much anymore, especially in the service industry. Finally, with women joining the work force in great number, conciliation between work and family becomes a ource of stress and extra time. You just don't go to your workplace, you have to prepar and drop your young children to a day care before that, etc. Decentralising work spaces should be something investigated. There is many office jobs that can be done from home without any problem.

Freedom is servitude to justice and intellectual honesty.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes epronovost's post
06-12-2016, 05:20 AM
RE: Study says tired workers cost biz billions
(03-12-2016 06:12 PM)epronovost Wrote:  Decentralising work spaces should be something investigated. There is many office jobs that can be done from home without any problem.
This is very true. The ubiquitous use of VPN technologies and company laptops even in smaller offices nowadays makes it much more plausible and sensible for a large part of the office workforce to do their jobs from home.

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Vosur's post