Study shows Atheists secretly believe in God

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
04-12-2013, 04:06 PM (This post was last modified: 04-12-2013 04:13 PM by Cardinal Smurf.)
RE: Study shows Atheists secretly believe in God
(29-11-2013 11:08 AM)WitchSabrina Wrote:  I often debate this with other non-believers - the concept that IF it took the world-at-large to become so vast a number in believers - doesn't it stand to reason that it will take just as long (if not longer for psychological reasons) for the world-at-large to become non-believers?

Today we have internets (lots!). I would expect a new idea to spread a bit faster than it did a couple thousand years ago.

(01-12-2013 06:47 AM)Dark Light Wrote:  What's wrong with you lot that's angry and/or complaining? I love a good comedy!

16 atheist participants. lolololol

Also, what sort of people were these test subjects? Were these the typical western middle class graduate students used in most of these studies?

EDIT: answered my own question. The group consisted entirely of Finnish women who accepted invites sent through Skepsis and The People's Bible Society. Talk about a narrow test group.

He's not the Messiah. He's a very naughty boy! -Brian's mum
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
04-12-2013, 04:13 PM
(04-12-2013 04:06 PM)Cardinal Smurf Wrote:  
(29-11-2013 11:08 AM)WitchSabrina Wrote:  I often debate this with other non-believers - the concept that IF it took the world-at-large to become so vast a number in believers - doesn't it stand to reason that it will take just as long (if not longer for psychological reasons) for the world-at-large to become non-believers?

Today we have internets (lots!). I would expect a new idea to spread a bit faster than it did a couple thousand years ago.

(01-12-2013 06:47 AM)Dark Light Wrote:  What's wrong with you lot that's angry and/or complaining? I love a good comedy!

16 atheist participants. lolololol

Also, what sort of people were these test subjects? Were these the typical western middle class graduate students used in most of these studies?

Ok LOL I am now totally laughing at myself. Yes, You're right - we do have internets. LOL I still think even with the speed and availability of the internet it will take Long time to spread Lack-of-belief. (just sayin)

thanks for the correction tho - you're absolutely right LOL

When I want your opinion I'll read your entrails.
[+] 1 user Likes WitchSabrina's post
04-12-2013, 04:15 PM
(04-12-2013 04:13 PM)WitchSabrina Wrote:  
(04-12-2013 04:06 PM)Cardinal Smurf Wrote:  Today we have internets (lots!). I would expect a new idea to spread a bit faster than it did a couple thousand years ago.

Ok LOL I am now totally laughing at myself. Yes, You're right - we do have internets. LOL I still think even with the speed and availability of the internet it will take Long time to spread Lack-of-belief. (just sayin)

thanks for the correction tho - you're absolutely right LOL

Internets aside, I'm inclined to agree with you. It will take lots of time. Don't break out the party hats just yet.

He's not the Messiah. He's a very naughty boy! -Brian's mum
[+] 1 user Likes Cardinal Smurf's post