Stuff Christians Say

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
02-02-2013, 12:43 PM
Stuff Christians Say
When I "came out" as an Atheist to my sister, she tried to tell me that I had already accepted Jesus, so he would forgive me for the sin of Atheism as well. As the above poster says, I informed her of the one unforgivable sin, blasphemy of the Holy Spirit, and then I proceeded to blaspheme the entire trinity.
She looks at me, shocked, takes a deep breath, and says these very Christian words:
"It's so sad that while I am in heaven with Jesus, living in a mansion, that my dear brother will be screaming in torment in a fiery pit for the rest of eternity!"
Needless to say, what made me sad was that my sister believed such bullshit.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Tanus Barbarus's post
04-02-2013, 07:33 AM
RE: Stuff Christians Say
(02-02-2013 12:43 PM)Tanus Barbarus Wrote:  When I "came out" as an Atheist to my sister, she tried to tell me that I had already accepted Jesus, so he would forgive me for the sin of Atheism as well. As the above poster says, I informed her of the one unforgivable sin, blasphemy of the Holy Spirit, and then I proceeded to blaspheme the entire trinity.
She looks at me, shocked, takes a deep breath, and says these very Christian words:
"It's so sad that while I am in heaven with Jesus, living in a mansion, that my dear brother will be screaming in torment in a fiery pit for the rest of eternity!"
Needless to say, what made me sad was that my sister believed such bullshit.

Ha! How sickening that your sister is that religious. Well, if there's a hell, obviously you'll be in good company.

Better to be hungry and free than fed and in chains.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
04-02-2013, 08:43 AM
Stuff Christians Say
No doubt. It is sad that I have seen so many Christians be more than happy to forgo relationships with humans in this, their only life, to please a non existent deity that they believe they will spend eternity with. If they could only see that they get just this one shot on this tiny blue marble called Earth, and nothing else, they might appreciate the preciousness of relationships in the here and now.
I try to stay detached from some of the emotional responses this behavior brings out in me, but sometimes I get so mad, and absolutely hate what religion has wrought in this world and my life.
Whew! Deep breath.
[+] 2 users Like Tanus Barbarus's post
05-02-2013, 03:22 AM
(31-01-2013 06:12 PM)Aseptic Skeptic Wrote:  Best not mock the Holy Spirit, it's the one unforgivable sin - anything else you may repent and be saved, but mock not the H.S. or you're irredeemable.

I made fun of him once and he slimed me. Who you gonna call?

[Image: 021-Louis-CK-on-Ten-Commandments.jpg]

[Image: GrumpyCat_01.gif]
[+] 2 users Like EvolutionKills's post
05-02-2013, 12:53 PM
(31-01-2013 04:39 PM)Kaloste Wrote:  "Don't get tattoos or piercings; that puts holes in your body, which is a temple for the Holy Spirit!" - current religion teacher
This belief always makes me shake my head when I hear it. So don't die then either because the temple for the Holy Spirit will decay. The Lord might not forgive such disrespect. Laugh out load

"Religion has caused more misery to all of mankind in every stage of human history than any other single idea." --Madalyn Murray O'Hair
05-02-2013, 01:06 PM
(05-02-2013 12:53 PM)Impulse Wrote:  
(31-01-2013 04:39 PM)Kaloste Wrote:  "Don't get tattoos or piercings; that puts holes in your body, which is a temple for the Holy Spirit!" - current religion teacher
This belief always makes me shake my head when I hear it. So don't die then either because the temple for the Holy Spirit will decay. The Lord might not forgive such disrespect. Laugh out load
Must I mention that the body already has millions of holes? Lol. Laugh out load

Best not have pores, either!

Better to be hungry and free than fed and in chains.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
26-02-2013, 12:04 PM
Quote: "Don't get tattoos or piercings; that puts holes in your body, which is a temple for the Holy Spirit!" - current religion teacher
I had a resident (work at a nursing home) tell me once I was going to burn in hell with all the other sinners because I had angered the lord with my piercings and tattoos. Makes you wonder about all the people that get religious tattoos, are they going to burn in hell as well?
06-03-2013, 08:11 AM
This is being typed as I think about it. Seth Andrew's book started this, so don't blame me!

The christians I know use the term "believer" to separate themselves from all others, for whom they use the term "unbeliever". If my skin were not so thick and scarred by age and living, this would insult me.

So...let me attempt to start with a definition of terms; first "believe". The word can be either a verb (to believe) or a noun "belief". However, I've always defined it thus: a belief or to believe requires provable, verifiable facts to support it.
Now for "faith" (noun only). Simply put, faith requires no provable, verifiable facts - in fact no kind of fact whatsoever - to support it.

And therein lies the rub....for christians cannot be "believers" (noun) for there are no provable, verifiable facts (at least as of present time) to support the "belief". Therefore, christians are "faithers"...not believers. Which, I suppose, makes a-theists "unfaithers".
Yeah....I can live with that!

Try this "arguement" out on the next christian you run into!
06-03-2013, 09:03 AM
"Man can never do anything without god. That even the Babylonians tried to build the tower and
failed to do so." My father.

Just an outsider looking inn.
08-03-2013, 07:09 AM
This whole Christian thing with the OT is weird, though. "Don't eat pork" (cancelled). "Men, don't have anal sex with another man" (expanded to include lesbianism), "Don't have tattoos (do not make gashes in the flesh, but it does mention nose rings were cool.) "Don't work on Saturday" (Ah, Sunday is just as good), "Don't have relations with your sister or mother" (Something the Southerners in the Bible Belt in the USA have a problem with). "Don't eat lobster" (Cancelled), "Don't worship an elohim acherim, as in anything ever created (Well, except Jesus, oh and some saints, oh and His mom!)
They get to be very selective, don't they?

“I've done everything the Bible says — even the stuff that contradicts the other stuff!"— Ned Flanders