Stuff You Miss

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
15-07-2015, 02:24 PM
Stuff You Miss
Got something you miss?? Something you used to do - that for one reason or another, just doesn't seem like a good idea anymore???

Me --

I miss going to the Easyrider's Rodeos.......

I went to the very first one they had in Michigan -- in Detroit - at the old fairgrounds. Apparently somebody fucked up - and the advertising didn't get taken care of. I happened to find the one line in the magazine that did advertise it..... Seriously -- one line.......

Only about 500 people showed up for the whole weekend event. We had a blast - got to meet a lot of the staff, partied our ass off with a group of Canadians that came down for it ... (they had a surplus of women, as well).......

Over the years it's gotten to be a pain in the ass -- with 1 percent clubs "owning" it.... Fuck it..... Besides -- my SO never rode before she met me -- and hasn't ever been to one of these events or anything like it...... She'd freak out....

It's easier to just not go...

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
15-07-2015, 02:25 PM
RE: Stuff You Miss
I miss my ex, but I'm a terrible shot. Wink
[+] 7 users Like pablo's post
15-07-2015, 02:26 PM
Try leading the shot less......

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 1 user Likes onlinebiker's post
15-07-2015, 04:19 PM
Dancing...I can't remember the last time I danced. Husband never would. I just gave up finally. It's been over twenty years at least. Undecided

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
15-07-2015, 04:45 PM
I miss rock climbing. Can't do it anymore because:

1. I weigh 20 pounds more than I did then, and I was pushing the limits then. Weight is kind of important in rock climbing.

2. Arthritis in my fingers and wrists has reduced my grip strength to almost nothing. I still have good legs, and that's important, but it's not enough. You have to be able to hold onto the handholds as well.

3. My climbing partner (my brother) has been in worse shape than me for many years, and then he died (lung cancer). Rock climbing without a partner is not recommended.

Sadcryface
15-07-2015, 05:12 PM (This post was last modified: 15-07-2015 05:18 PM by yakherder.)
Winter. Sex. Living on an island (I grew up mostly on an island in Washington). China. Mongolian goat blood soup. Most of my marbles and a few screws. Having my guns with me (I have to keep them on the other side of the border, as neither is Canadian legal). Hunting in Alaska away from civilization. Japan. The ramen shops in the subway station in Japan. Being active duty, as opposed to being in the guard on drill status. War. Traveling. Food in South America. Pre child independence. The world before internet and cell phones. The stone age (can I miss something without having experienced it?). The ice age. The Walking Dead. And probably many other things I'm just not thinking of.

'Murican Canadian
15-07-2015, 05:28 PM
[Image: d9ac9b9172bd639bcf46cd066e1926a973140ed0...9280f6.jpg]

It's been so long! Sadcryface

[+] 1 user Likes TheGulegon's post
15-07-2015, 05:29 PM
Time. Being a girl. Naps. Alcohol. Caffiene. Lol
15-07-2015, 05:39 PM
Money, I miss money.
15-07-2015, 06:09 PM
Happy pop.
[Image: happy-pop-soda-edmonton-alberta-front-225x300.jpg]

When I was a kid our local corner store used to sell these little class bottles of soda, had a little smiley face on the bottle. I remember the Orange pop being so good, and the gigantic collection of caps I had in my dresser drawer when I was like 11.

It is held that valour is the chiefest virtue and most dignifies the haver.
[+] 1 user Likes WhiskeyDebates's post