Stuff You Miss

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
15-07-2015, 07:46 PM
RE: Stuff You Miss
I miss my farm. I miss being able to wander into my woods, and know that I am the only person there. Knowing that it's my land. Having that responsibility to be a steward of the land. I miss the quiet of the prairies. Going into a field so big that you can't see anything on the horizon. Not a single building for 24 kilometres in every direction. Seeing the curvature of the earth and feeling like if you could just get six feet higher, the sky would be black instead of blue because you'd be reaching into space. It's a tiny, humbling feeling.

So many cats, so few good recipes.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like Stark Raving's post
15-07-2015, 07:52 PM
I miss the times when I had no worries, way back in BC.... Before Children.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 2 users Like dancefortwo's post
15-07-2015, 07:54 PM (This post was last modified: 15-07-2015 08:17 PM by Thumpalumpacus.)
I miss gigging with an electric band, enough so that I spent $150 shipping my amp back to Texas, and will be buying an electric guitar soon. As much as I love acoustic on my porch, there's nothing like feeling my pantslegs flapping in a 100-watt breeze.
[+] 3 users Like Thumpalumpacus's post
15-07-2015, 08:32 PM
I'm just gonna put this here. Seems appropriate. For me though, in the context of the song, "she" represents so much more than just a lost love, and even though I didn't think it at the time, "life" was such an easy game to play...

There are too many things that I miss to list here.

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
[+] 3 users Like evenheathen's post
15-07-2015, 08:59 PM
I'm no big fan of Macca, but that song -- lyrics, music, the whole ball of wax -- that song is as perfect as it gets.
[+] 1 user Likes Thumpalumpacus's post
15-07-2015, 09:27 PM
(15-07-2015 08:59 PM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  I'm no big fan of Macca, but that song -- lyrics, music, the whole ball of wax -- that song is as perfect as it gets.

Hell, I don't even consider myself a Beatles fan...but yeah.

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
[+] 1 user Likes evenheathen's post
15-07-2015, 09:33 PM
Jim and Tammy Fay. Weeping

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 4 users Like Bucky Ball's post
15-07-2015, 09:41 PM
I miss being on call in the service, 48 hours' notice: keep a bag packed because we might send you to Bumfuckistan. It was an interesting way to live, it taught me balance.
[+] 1 user Likes Thumpalumpacus's post
15-07-2015, 09:43 PM
(15-07-2015 09:33 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Jim and Tammy Fay. Weeping

Tammy Fay had to have been a drag queen. How else can you explain waking up before Jim for the sole purpose of slathering on your extreme makeup so he never sees you without it?

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
16-07-2015, 01:37 AM
I miss having a day shift job and being able to come home to my family each night. Hearing my son's footsteps running through the house on a daily basis - that's some of the best music in the world.

I miss the trauma team - the adrenaline rush that starts with the overhead page "Level I, D44, five minutes," getting focused while putting on the lead/gown/gloves/face shield, the bloody organized chaos of it all.

I miss playing the piano. Now I sit and I only have a tiny bit of muscle memory in my right hand.

College - I miss fraternity parties - the annual Deers, Steers, and Beers party and Tiki Island. Our sorority parties were ok - Crush Party was fun - six invitations per member and the guys had no idea who invited them. And the Halloween parties were ridiculously fun - the pledges had to dress in costumes assigned by the brothers - one guy was Mr. Hanky, another was a speed bump and had to lay on the floor. Laugh out load Now a days I'm a bit too old to dress like a playboy bunny or a slutty fairy. I never did dress up as a bunny. Damn missed opportunities.

I miss high school parties where we'd light up a bonfire in a strawberry or cotton field. One of the guys I dated I met in a strawberry field on a night when there was an insane meteor shower - I don't miss him, though. Tongue

I miss the days of not being so jaded.

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
[+] 4 users Like Nurse's post