Stupid Adults!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
04-10-2012, 08:21 AM
RE: Stupid Adults!
Agreed in some ways, but it is also unfair to treat all adults equal. Adulthood is arbitrarily defined by an age, not maturity. I have met plenty of early-20's individuals who act no more adult-like than some teenagers. They are only adults legally and should also receive some leniency in certain situations (underage drinking shouldn't be a career-ending move for a kid). Also mentally-handicapped people should be treated differently.

The point remains this, teenagers want adult responsibilities when it is convenient for them and don't want them when it is not. That is really just human nature, but adult-like actions deserve adult-like punishments. That does not mean adult-equal.

Evolve
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
04-10-2012, 08:28 AM
Yeah girly they don't know what they're talking about I just recently had my 5th puberty and am working on nuber 6 =p And leela you'll get back to having a 1 at the beginning soon enough.

I'm not a non believer, I believe in the possibility of anything. I just don't let the actuality of something be determined by a 3rd party.
04-10-2012, 08:31 AM
(04-10-2012 08:21 AM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  Agreed in some ways, but it is also unfair to treat all adults equal. Adulthood is arbitrarily defined by an age, not maturity. I have met plenty of early-20's individuals who act no more adult-like than some teenagers. They are only adults legally and should also receive some leniency in certain situations (underage drinking shouldn't be a career-ending move for a kid). Also mentally-handicapped people should be treated differently.

The point remains this, teenagers want adult responsibilities when it is convenient for them and don't want them when it is not. That is really just human nature, but adult-like actions deserve adult-like punishments. That does not mean adult-equal.

It is expected that this maturity will come with age. This issue has to do with poor parenting and the lack of a proper atmosphere.

The point is this: Teenagers do what they are allowed to do, and until they feel punishment done unto them for their actions, it will persist. This is why drinking, underage sex, etc. is a problem. The parents allow it.

[Image: 4833fa13.jpg]
Poonjab
[+] 1 user Likes Logica Humano's post
04-10-2012, 08:36 AM
(04-10-2012 08:10 AM)Logica Humano Wrote:  
(03-10-2012 08:36 AM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  Okay, sorry. Teenagers are not responsible for how they act?

Additionally, it is difficult to gauge just how one should punish a teenager for their actions. Teens are adults when it suits adults, and children when it suits adults.

You have reminded me off a shocking headline I saw a while ago:

Survey Reveals: Over 98% of Singaporean Children are Underage!

I hope that situation has changed cos it's fuckin' disgustin'!

[+] 1 user Likes DLJ's post
04-10-2012, 08:43 AM
Seriously?

How many people did it take for them to figure out little bit of obvious?

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
04-10-2012, 08:52 AM
Furthermore, teenagers are children. The only difference is that adults say that they are on their way to adulthood. What kind of mentality do you think that will instill on children?

Poonjab
04-10-2012, 08:53 AM
(04-10-2012 08:36 AM)DLJ Wrote:  
(04-10-2012 08:10 AM)Logica Humano Wrote:  Additionally, it is difficult to gauge just how one should punish a teenager for their actions. Teens are adults when it suits adults, and children when it suits adults.

You have reminded me off a shocking headline I saw a while ago:

Survey Reveals: Over 98% of Singaporean Children are Underage!

I hope that situation has changed cos it's fuckin' disgustin'!

Dude, you have no idea how mind-fucked I am right now. Those statistics are outrageous.

Poonjab
[+] 1 user Likes Logica Humano's post
04-10-2012, 09:56 AM
Define what makes a child a child, what makes a teenager a child but not an adult, and what makes an adult.

Evolve
04-10-2012, 11:01 AM
(04-10-2012 09:56 AM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  Define what makes a child a child, what makes a teenager a child but not an adult, and what makes an adult.

Oh oh... now you're getting all with the facts and defining and such. fuck. Dodgy

I knew I needed another cup of coffee before I peeked into this thread. Drinking Beverage

I think in the end, I just feel like I'm a secular person who has a skeptical eye toward any extraordinary claim, carefully examining any extraordinary evidence before jumping to conclusions. ~ Eric ~ My friend ... who figured it out.
[+] 2 users Like kim's post
04-10-2012, 11:03 AM
I am all for saying adults are dumb, but I am not willing to admit that children play no role in how they behave. Note that I did not say they are solely responsible Logica, but to imply they are unaware of what they are doing is stupid. I don't use that term lightly.

Evolve