Stupid Atheist

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
22-11-2013, 07:14 AM
Stupid Atheist
No I'm not a theist I'm actually an atheist but this rant is based on the abundance of people who are atheist but really don't have a clue what they are talking about or argue in the form of talking down to theist. I just read on this form about how atheism isn't a religion which I agree with but someone who is an atheist as well responded back with some point and most were just complete bullshit. One big one is how atheist isn't a belief. Really?? Anyway I'm going off on a tangent. My big point is I see how a lot of Christians get this stigma of how atheist are just hateful people looking to take a good thing from them because a lot of our atheist community(if you will) argue in a hateful way. Calling all theist stupid in your argument is not going to bring down that wall in between us and get the intellectual debate started but rather going to cause a huge push back in the other direction which usually leads to a lot of yelling and such. So next time you find yourself trying to get your point across just know that people can disagree with you and you still can respect them. In doing so people are more likely to listen to what you have to say and really think about it. Of course it won't always go this way or maybe never but I'm sure that off to themselves their going to think back on your well researched and calm argument in a more respectful light.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes MrKrispy601's post
22-11-2013, 07:21 AM
RE: Stupid Atheist
Oh but then I'd argue that being all calm, cool and collected sometimes just isn't the best ploy. I think ALL views and styles are welcome, myself; even those responses that give atheists a bad name. For if we get into the categorizing and pigeon-holing[1] we're in a heap of trouble. I say live and let live - all styles welcome.

[1] is it Holeing or holing? Holing looks wrong. lol

When I want your opinion I'll read your entrails.
22-11-2013, 07:28 AM
(22-11-2013 07:14 AM)MrKrispy601 Wrote:  One big one is how atheist isn't a belief. Really??
Do you care to elaborate on why you disagree with that assessment?

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
[+] 5 users Like Vosur's post
22-11-2013, 07:50 AM
2000+ years of Atheist Discrimination is enough. and the "intellectual debate" is not possible with the inherent self deception of most theists.
If they had stuck with the Hippy Jesus loves you all mantra then fine. But they are crusading against science and reason.
Breaking up families, persecuting pretty much 90% of the world (those the bible condemns: other religions, women, gays, atheists),
Infiltrating schools with pseudo-science endorsing pretty much any wacko who is anti-atheist, Ken Ham, Ray Comfort,Michael Pearl Pat Robertson.

Time to call stupid, stupid, we don't have to defend an invisible idea, based on a disgusting immoral horror show called the bible.

I was recently a mild mannered Agnostic, hell my namesake coined the phrase, but the theists pushed when they should have stayed quiet, the shit storm to come will see apartment complexes where churches once were. and preachers back on soap boxes where they belong. Vive la Revolution !!

Theism is to believe what other people claim, Atheism is to ask "why should I".
[+] 13 users Like sporehux's post
22-11-2013, 08:21 AM
(22-11-2013 07:50 AM)sporehux Wrote:  2000+ years of Atheist Discrimination is enough. and the "intellectual debate" is not possible with the inherent self deception of most theists.
If they had stuck with the Hippy Jesus loves you all mantra then fine. But they are crusading against science and reason.
Breaking up families, persecuting pretty much 90% of the world (those the bible condemns: other religions, women, gays, atheists),
Infiltrating schools with pseudo-science endorsing pretty much any wacko who is anti-atheist, Ken Ham, Ray Comfort,Michael Pearl Pat Robertson.

Time to call stupid, stupid, we don't have to defend an invisible idea, based on a disgusting immoral horror show called the bible.

I was recently a mild mannered Agnostic, hell my namesake coined the phrase, but the theists pushed when they should have stayed quiet, the shit storm to come will see apartment complexes where churches once were. and preachers back on soap boxes where they belong. Vive la Revolution !!

Oh don't get me wrong there are many times where it's proper to stick the stupid label on religion especially with the hypocritical views. But just to call someone stupid when the only thing you know about this is that they are a christian is just poor judgement. Just calling someone stupid without the background is what I was referring to.
22-11-2013, 08:22 AM
Stupid people pollute every facet of life. Nothing is immune.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
[+] 6 users Like kingschosen's post
22-11-2013, 08:28 AM
(22-11-2013 07:28 AM)Vosur Wrote:  [quote='MrKrispy601' pid='423609' dateline='1385126080']
One big one is how atheist isn't a belief. Really??
Do you care to elaborate on why you disagree with that assessment?
[/q

I don't see atheism as a belief in the sense of belief in faith but a belief in the truth and facts. To say we don't believe in anything is not completely factual. We believe in the evidence we use to construct our valid and logical arguments. Personally I believe that in order for something to be there, there has to be more valid proof than he said, she said accounts and a book with too many gaps and inconsistencies.
22-11-2013, 08:29 AM
(22-11-2013 08:22 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  Stupid people pollute every facet of life. Nothing is immune.

Exactly Thumbsup
22-11-2013, 08:35 AM
(22-11-2013 08:21 AM)MrKrispy601 Wrote:  But just to call someone stupid when the only thing you know about this is that they are a christian is just poor judgement. Just calling someone stupid without the background is what I was referring to.

Sounds like a Big Fat Strawman.

It's Special Pleadings all the way down!

Magic Talking Snakes STFU -- revenantx77

You can't have your special pleading and eat it too. -- WillHop
22-11-2013, 08:41 AM
(22-11-2013 08:21 AM)MrKrispy601 Wrote:  
(22-11-2013 07:50 AM)sporehux Wrote:  2000+ years of Atheist Discrimination is enough. and the "intellectual debate" is not possible with the inherent self deception of most theists.

Oh don't get me wrong there are many times where it's proper to stick the stupid label on religion especially with the hypocritical views. But just to call someone stupid when the only thing you know about this is that they are a christian is just poor judgement. Just calling someone stupid without the background is what I was referring to.

I understand your point and would have agreed with you 2 months ago.
But to believe in something as monumental as an all powerful being that made the universe and gave us a book to prove it, then WHY the #^$#$ do they not read it.
That is stupid, and im sick of pulling punches for the self deluded.
The few that have read it and still believe and still worship the Lord out of hell fear
may as well be Nazi Jewdozer drivers.

How can you see hummingbirds, roses, orchids and not believe in Lord’s splendor? But, if you’re going to look at those things, you should look at other things, too. Think of an African boy with a parasitic worm boring into his eye. If you tell me God not only created but cares for us all, what about that boy? Are you telling me he says: “I understand. God deliberately created a worm that is going to blind me?” I find that intolerable.-David Attenborough.

Theism is to believe what other people claim, Atheism is to ask "why should I".
[+] 1 user Likes sporehux's post