Stupid Atheist

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
22-11-2013, 10:03 AM
RE: Stupid Atheist
(22-11-2013 09:57 AM)Raptor Jesus Wrote:  Ummm...this forum is doing some weird stuff. I think demons might have gotten into the internet and are trying to thwart our comments.

[edit: Oh,...I see you did something there, HouseofCantor. The "(^Raptor's post, edited for BBCode fragments)" thing, whatever that is]

No it was just HoC creating a "step" analogy paradox, destroying the known universe.

Theism is to believe what other people claim, Atheism is to ask "why should I".
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like sporehux's post
22-11-2013, 10:10 AM
(22-11-2013 09:59 AM)Cephalotus Wrote:  This has probably already been discussed at length, but I need to make a comment about the assertion that atheism isn't a faith. I think it's a dumb thing to say if the person saying it believes that atheist have a "belief" in science. I think it's ok to lump atheism together with faiths when we are classifying the population. Such as:

"Hey, is Jim a Christian? I never hear him talking about church."
"No, he's an theist."

But to address the fact that there are idiotic atheists on the internet; there are bad apples in every bunch. I personally think a "true" atheist is someone who has given religious claims a lot of thought and came to the conclusion that they are illogical. I think some people just hop on the atheist bandwagon for surface reasons, such as being interested in someone who is also an atheist. Atheism is subjected to the same idiocy that any other group is. Human nature is human nature.

I don't get that at all.

22-11-2013, 10:14 AM
(22-11-2013 09:57 AM)Raptor Jesus Wrote:  Ummm...this forum is doing some weird stuff. I think demons might have gotten into the internet and are trying to thwart our comments.

[edit: Oh,...I see you did something there, HouseofCantor. The "(^Raptor's post, edited for BBCode fragments)" thing, whatever that is]

The quote function is sensitive. In that post, one quote tag was composed of bracket-backslash-q-u with the rest missing.

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes houseofcantor's post
22-11-2013, 10:24 AM
(22-11-2013 07:14 AM)MrKrispy601 Wrote:  No I'm not a theist I'm actually an atheist but this rant is based on the abundance of people who are atheist but really don't have a clue what they are talking about or argue in the form of talking down to theist. I just read on this form about how atheism isn't a religion which I agree with but someone who is an atheist as well responded back with some point and most were just complete bullshit. One big one is how atheist isn't a belief. Really?? Anyway I'm going off on a tangent. My big point is I see how a lot of Christians get this stigma of how atheist are just hateful people looking to take a good thing from them because a lot of our atheist community(if you will) argue in a hateful way. Calling all theist stupid in your argument is not going to bring down that wall in between us and get the intellectual debate started but rather going to cause a huge push back in the other direction which usually leads to a lot of yelling and such. So next time you find yourself trying to get your point across just know that people can disagree with you and you still can respect them. In doing so people are more likely to listen to what you have to say and really think about it. Of course it won't always go this way or maybe never but I'm sure that off to themselves their going to think back on your well researched and calm argument in a more respectful light.

But now to your other point. I have a real difficult time sometimes, trying to decide when to just say to someone "you are a moron"! I mean, how much inanity can you take from someone until you reach the point where you can't see anything of intelligence left in them, even when you are trying so hard to draw it out. You don't want to be insulting, and you don't want to come off as if you are loosing the argument and are being reduced to ad hominem attacks, but sometimes, you just look at them in their sad, stupid little faces, and just want to say, "You're fucking dumb as shit. I don't know how you have enough intelligence to breath". But instead, you just bite your tongue and keep trying to find something of substance in them.

(I'm not saying that's all theist, but there are definitely many I've meet that fit this)

22-11-2013, 10:26 AM
(22-11-2013 10:14 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  

The quote function is sensitive. In that post, one quote tag was composed of bracket-backslash-q-u with the rest missing.

Yeah, I figured that out after the fact. Thanks for helping.Thumbsup

[+] 1 user Likes Raptor Jesus's post
22-11-2013, 10:26 AM
I'm pretty sure most People that are not true Atheist don't even know or care what the word means, philistine would be the apt term.
Damn sure they would not be debating with a theist.

22-11-2013, 10:32 AM
The opposite of the religious fanatic is not the fanatical atheist but the gentle cynic who cares not whether there is a god or not.
Eric Hoffer (1902 - 1983)

Nobody talks so constantly about God as those who insist that there is no God.
Heywood Broun (1888 - 1939)
[+] 1 user Likes PursuingTruth's post
22-11-2013, 10:35 AM (This post was last modified: 22-11-2013 10:39 AM by WitchSabrina.)
(22-11-2013 10:24 AM)Raptor Jesus Wrote:  [snip] You don't want to be insulting, [snip]

Why not?

(1) everybody should be allowed their own style. If they are abrasive chances are they know it and do it anyway. I can be Extremely abrasive and the sweetest person you'd ever want in your life - totally depends on circumstances or the point I need to make. Calculating I am at all times.
(2) who says we all have to be PC all the damn time? Please tell me that this place isn't like that because I left a site due to its whitewashed neo-atheism and PCism....handling of everyone for their delicate sensibilities and what not.
*gag* I need to know I've joined a site where if I need to say "FUCK" I can do so.
(3) Over time eloquence has become equal to level of intelligence and I call Bullshit on that. That's a societal issue and not any evidence of personal intelligence. In fact, I've known some pretty smart cookies in my day that Curse like Sailors because they are sick and tired of reading or running into stupid day in and day out. Also, I'd like to confirm that this site doesn't do that *Gang* opinion thing. I'm all for friends defending one another BUT..... I hope if One friend takes exception to someone's style that other *friends* don't chime in for the sake of chiming in. I DO expect high intelligence and choices from atheists. (I could be wrong about doing that lol people are people)

just sayin............
Was supposed to be my 2 cents worth - think you got 50 cents instead. my bad

When I want your opinion I'll read your entrails.
22-11-2013, 10:40 AM
(22-11-2013 10:35 AM)WitchSabrina Wrote:  I can be Extremely abrasive and the sweetest person you'd ever want in your life -

Fucking Bitch, I'm totally hot for you now. Drooling

22-11-2013, 10:43 AM
If theism is wearing an invisible hat that no one can detect by any means possible, then I'm hatless.
Anyone professing to wear invisible articles of clothing that no one can detect, I will gladly call stupid

Insanity - doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results