Stupid Shit Xtians Do

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
18-08-2016, 09:08 AM
Stupid Shit Xtians Do
I always find it fun to raise the blood pressure of the devout by pointing out senseless bullshit they do in the name of their religion,

For instance ---

AMEN.....

Really???

What exactly does that mean when you say "Amen"???? Is it prayer punctuation??? Will your god not know you're done praying if you don't stick that at the end of the prayer????

Even more confusing -- is those folks that scream it out in church during the sermon..... Isn't that fucking up the works?? If it's punctuation -- you're . going. to. get. a. whole bunch. of. fucked. up. sentences.................

Jesus. H. Christ....

It's really fun to see the dawning confusion on the poor saps - as they begin to realize they've been trained like a dog to drool when a bell is rung --- into acting like a Tourettes sufferer -- spouting out "Amens" for absolutely no apparent reason...

Don't even get me started on the "Hallelujah" garbage.......

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like onlinebiker's post
18-08-2016, 09:23 AM
RE: Stupid Shit Xtians Do
It really annoys me when they say 'God has a plan,' 'God has a strange sense of humor,' 'I don't understand why God does things this way but that's ok cuz it's his will.'

As if the creator of everything had set the universe on a course so that after so many billions of years (or however long you 'believe' the universe existed) everything lined up so that you, a speck, living on a speck orbiting another speck, found your car keys. Because it was part of his glorious plan.

I just love how they simultaneously pretend to practice humility and treat humans as some horrid, wretched creature whilst believing the creator of everything made them in its image, loves them, and will grant them eternal life.

As if humans are anything special in the scale of the universe.

Ignorance is not to be ignored.

Check out my DA gallery! http://oo-kiri-oo.deviantart.com/gallery/
[+] 2 users Like Loom's post
18-08-2016, 09:24 AM
(18-08-2016 09:23 AM)Loom Wrote:  As if humans are anything special in the scale of the universe.

Actually -- only the "true believers" are special -- because their buddy created the whole mess......

The rest of us are scum and are going to burn eternally......

nice how that works, huh??

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
18-08-2016, 09:29 AM (This post was last modified: 18-08-2016 09:37 AM by Loom.)
(18-08-2016 09:24 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  
(18-08-2016 09:23 AM)Loom Wrote:  As if humans are anything special in the scale of the universe.

Actually -- only the "true believers" are special -- because their buddy created the whole mess......

The rest of us are scum and are going to burn eternally......

nice how that works, huh??

But they're soooooo humble!

Ignorance is not to be ignored.

Check out my DA gallery! http://oo-kiri-oo.deviantart.com/gallery/
[+] 2 users Like Loom's post
18-08-2016, 02:46 PM
(18-08-2016 09:08 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  I always find it fun to raise the blood pressure of the devout by pointing out senseless bullshit they do in the name of their religion,

For instance ---

AMEN.....

Really???

What exactly does that mean when you say "Amen"???? Is it prayer punctuation??? Will your god not know you're done praying if you don't stick that at the end of the prayer????

Even more confusing -- is those folks that scream it out in church during the sermon..... Isn't that fucking up the works?? If it's punctuation -- you're . going. to. get. a. whole bunch. of. fucked. up. sentences.................

Jesus. H. Christ....

It's really fun to see the dawning confusion on the poor saps - as they begin to realize they've been trained like a dog to drool when a bell is rung --- into acting like a Tourettes sufferer -- spouting out "Amens" for absolutely no apparent reason...

Hallelujah brother! Tell it like it is! Thumbsup

Quote:Don't even get me started on the "Hallelujah" garbage.......

Awww shit. My bad.

Hobo
[+] 6 users Like GoingUp's post
18-08-2016, 03:29 PM
empty words blathered out into the ether believing that doing so will have a tangle effect on reality even though it can easily be proven wrong........ under all circumstances this act is liable to result in others thinking your crazy with religion being the exception due to it being inherently coo-coo
[+] 1 user Likes Ace's post
18-08-2016, 03:33 PM
Quote:The rest of us are scum and are going to burn eternally......

Well, at least we'll all be together. Cool
[+] 3 users Like The Dark One's post
18-08-2016, 04:54 PM
Confession = confessing your "sins" to some asshole priest. As penance you have to say a bunch of Our Fathers and Hail Marys, and if one was silly enough to confess to having impure thoughts about the girl next door you'd probably have to pray for nines hours straight. Also annoying is the answer one gets if you ask a priest an awkward question about god...... "Well my son, God works in mysterious ways"

“The first duty of a man is to think for himself” ― José Martí
18-08-2016, 04:57 PM
(18-08-2016 09:08 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  AMEN.....

I use it sometimes to end planning meetings. It means "so be it".

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
18-08-2016, 05:44 PM
(18-08-2016 09:08 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  I always find it fun to raise the blood pressure of the devout by pointing out senseless bullshit they do in the name of their religion,

For instance ---

AMEN.....

Really???

Jesus. H. Christ....

Don't even get me started on the "Hallelujah" garbage.......

A lot of the fuckers just love to hear themselves talk. Makes them feel all holy and shit.

Atheism is NOT a Religion. It's A Personal Relationship With Reality!
[+] 2 users Like Minimalist's post