Stupid american bitch thinks Earth is 6,000yrs old

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
09-02-2018, 01:14 AM
Stupid american bitch thinks Earth is 6,000yrs old
Oh and she's a parliamentarian too:

It wasn't until I saw stuff like this that I realised that other less developed cultures still take these things seriously. Even in my ex-Church which is about as far "Evangelical" as you can get in Australia no one would ever dream of claiming the earth is 6,000 years old.

My Blog
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Aractus's post
09-02-2018, 05:31 AM
RE: Stupid american bitch thinks Earth is 6,000yrs old
When freedom rings, ignorance is on the other end.
Find all posts by this user
12-02-2018, 12:39 PM
American fundamentalism is really weird. What's even weirder is their warped views on world history, Christian history, and even the history of their own movement. As far as they're concerned, it's always been this way, and they're a religious minority who's being persecuted (by facts). They're too busy calling Catholicism a cult to pay attention to that for centuries, the Catholics didn't assume the two creation narratives in Genesis were literal, nor that their own movement is only two hundred years old.

No, it didn't always used to be this way. They just suddenly went crazy and forgot about the "suddenly" part.
[+] 5 users Like RobbyPants's post
12-02-2018, 02:43 PM
We'd have a little less of this shit, if you Aussies would take Ken Ham back.

Save a life. Adopt a greyhound.

[Image: anigrey.gif]
[+] 10 users Like Popeye's Pappy's post
12-02-2018, 03:00 PM
(12-02-2018 12:39 PM)RobbyPants Wrote:  American fundamentalism is really weird. What's even weirder is their warped views on world history, Christian history, and even the history of their own movement. As far as they're concerned, it's always been this way, and they're a religious minority who's being persecuted (by facts). They're too busy calling Catholicism a cult to pay attention to that for centuries, the Catholics didn't assume the two creation narratives in Genesis were literal, nor that their own movement is only two hundred years old.

No, it didn't always used to be this way. They just suddenly went crazy and forgot about the "suddenly" part.

I once had a run in with a crazy Alabama Baptist woman who told me with a straight face -

1. The universe was 6000 years old.
2. The Baptist Church was thousands of years old. Hadn't I heard of John the Baptist?
3. She said "that the Bible ( KJV) is good enough for her - because it was good enough for Jesus. ( claiming he read it)

:blink:

I'm a double atheist. I don't believe in your god or your politician.
[+] 7 users Like onlinebiker's post
12-02-2018, 04:25 PM
The sad thing is, these are the kinds of people who push for public school to teach shit like that. Facepalm

My own dad told me that he wishes that he'd put me through private [Christian] school because evil public school taught me about evolution, and that teaching played a part in what eventually pulled me away from my own past faith.

And I wanted to go to private school as a kid. I thought I'd do better in one. Laugh out load
[+] 3 users Like Emma's post
12-02-2018, 06:50 PM
I'm with you, Emma. I always had to deal with the confusion of being taught actual science in public school vs the creationist bullshit and fallacies at church. "Don't listen to the science classes, we'll tell you how it really is!"

Eat a live frog first thing in the morning, and nothing worse will happen to you the rest of the day.
--Mark Twain
[+] 1 user Likes Tennpenn83's post
12-02-2018, 06:52 PM
(12-02-2018 03:00 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  I once had a run in with a crazy Alabama Baptist woman who told me with a straight face -

1. The universe was 6000 years old.
2. The Baptist Church was thousands of years old. Hadn't I heard of John the Baptist?
3. She said "that the Bible ( KJV) is good enough for her - because it was good enough for Jesus. ( claiming he read it)

Blink

I've heard the same thing except substitute "The apostles" for "Jesus".
[+] 2 users Like ResidentEvilFan's post
12-02-2018, 06:54 PM
(12-02-2018 06:50 PM)Tennpenn83 Wrote:  I'm with you, Emma. I always had to deal with the confusion of being taught actual science in public school vs the creationist bullshit and fallacies at church. "Don't listen to the science classes, we'll tell you how it really is!"

Same here. I wish I could smack school age me because church would tell me not to listen to science class. I vividly remember leaving science classes and laughing with other Christian friends and making fun of them telling us the universe was billions of years old and about evolution.
[+] 1 user Likes ResidentEvilFan's post
12-02-2018, 06:56 PM
(12-02-2018 12:39 PM)RobbyPants Wrote:  American fundamentalism is really weird. What's even weirder is their warped views on world history, Christian history, and even the history of their own movement. As far as they're concerned, it's always been this way, and they're a religious minority who's being persecuted (by facts). They're too busy calling Catholicism a cult to pay attention to that for centuries, the Catholics didn't assume the two creation narratives in Genesis were literal, nor that their own movement is only two hundred years old.

Also, I'm pretty sure the vast majority of evangelicals picture everyone in the bible being white and speaking English. I also laugh now and all those years of listening to southern white men who barely ever left the South try to come across as experts of ancient Middle Eastern societies.
[+] 2 users Like ResidentEvilFan's post