Stupid or insensitive things Christians say

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
12-07-2014, 06:49 PM
RE: Stupid or insensitive things Christians say
"If only you'd see the truth." When they are trying to make you believe BS.
This is every bit like "I'll pray for you to see the light."

Me "Why is Steven suddenly a cheating douche?"
Sibling "He fell by the way side..." Facepalm
What I think she meant was this. "He gave up God. Sin can make a man cheat and show off his mistress in his wife's face, while his kids get depressed and rejected."
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Lienda Bella's post
12-07-2014, 07:41 PM
(12-07-2014 06:49 PM)Lienda Bella Wrote:  "If only you'd see the truth." When they are trying to make you believe BS.
This is every bit like "I'll pray for you to see the light."

Me "Why is Steven suddenly a cheating douche?"
Sibling "He fell by the way side..." Facepalm
What I think she meant was this. "He gave up God. Sin can make a man cheat and show off his mistress in his wife's face, while his kids get depressed and rejected."

Sure sounds like what was meant.

Course, you know if he returns to gawd, all will be forgiven. Facepalm

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
13-07-2014, 08:01 AM
The worst thing that was ever said to me was shortly after my mother's suicide when I was ten. My friends younger sister and I were talking about it, and she said no offense, but you know you're mom's in hell right? I told my friend about it and she went in there and punched her sister in the face.
[+] 3 users Like Bailey's post
13-07-2014, 09:32 AM
I am always annoyed by "He/she's in a better place."

Seriously? Dead is better?

Then... suicide is ok? Or ... what?

Yes, death ends suffering.
So... are we talking about suffering instigated by an omnipotent god who could just as well end said suffering?

How confused about life can people be?
Weirdos. Dodgy

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 1 user Likes kim's post
13-07-2014, 10:03 AM
(13-07-2014 09:32 AM)kim Wrote:  I am always annoyed by "He/she's in a better place."

So... are we talking about suffering instigated by an omnipotent god who could just as well end said suffering?

Weirdos. Dodgy

An example from today's headlines:

"I just saw my parents and three siblings get murdered, but I know they're in a better place now."

Gee - aren't you just a teensy bit jealous then? Next time, don't duck that bullet, FPS.

And if the afterlife were so great, why not a church-approved ritual for suicide?

Yeah, it's stupid.

We have enough youth. How about looking for the Fountain of Smart?
[+] 1 user Likes Thinkerbelle's post
13-07-2014, 11:31 AM
Yesterday I was talking to my mom about my step-nephew's deadbeat dad. "Well you know he's an atheist. He's the devil. I don't care what you say, any church congregation is better than none." Pretty sure he's catholic, cause he pitched a fit about his son not being raised in the Catholic Church and then swore off his parental duties.

EVERY conversation with Mom in the past three years has been turned to "Take my baby (my 5yo son) to church. He won't know how to go. It's good for him." She is once again back to agreeing to watch him ONLY on Wednesday nights so she can take him to church, after we got in a fight a few weeks ago about how I don't want my son raised with guilt feelings and the fear of hell (I haven't told her I'm an atheist). My Christian husband doesn't even want our son in any of the local churches. She will go through phases where she will call the house at 7 am on Sundays, tell us she will by by the house at 8 and to have our son ready for church since we neglect to take him. Two more years of this bullshit and we'll be free to speak our minds.

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
13-07-2014, 12:01 PM
The one thing that Christians say all the time that really gets me is "God had a purpose for him/her" after a child's cancer goes into remission or something like that. Are you saying all the children that have died horrible and senseless deaths somehow weren't good enough for God to save? I can't imagine how it must feel to hear someone say that as the parent of a dead or dying child.

Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who has said it- not even if I have said it- unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense. - Buddha
[+] 1 user Likes Ohio Sky's post
13-07-2014, 12:01 PM
(13-07-2014 11:31 AM)Nurse Wrote:  Yesterday I was talking to my mom about my step-nephew's deadbeat dad. "Well you know he's an atheist. He's the devil. I don't care what you say, any church congregation is better than none." Pretty sure he's catholic, cause he pitched a fit about his son not being raised in the Catholic Church and then swore off his parental duties.

EVERY conversation with Mom in the past three years has been turned to "Take my baby (my 5yo son) to church. He won't know how to go. It's good for him." She is once again back to agreeing to watch him ONLY on Wednesday nights so she can take him to church, after we got in a fight a few weeks ago about how I don't want my son raised with guilt feelings and the fear of hell (I haven't told her I'm an atheist). My Christian husband doesn't even want our son in any of the local churches. She will go through phases where she will call the house at 7 am on Sundays, tell us she will by by the house at 8 and to have our son ready for church since we neglect to take him. Two more years of this bullshit and we'll be free to speak our minds.

That's disrespectful. It must be really frustrating to deal with that. Do you mind me asking what's in two years?
13-07-2014, 12:07 PM
Two years is a long time in a child's life during their most formative years.
13-07-2014, 12:15 PM
(13-07-2014 10:03 AM)Thinkerbelle Wrote:  
(13-07-2014 09:32 AM)kim Wrote:  I am always annoyed by "He/she's in a better place."

Weirdos. Dodgy

An example from today's headlines:

"I just saw my parents and three siblings get murdered, but I know they're in a better place now."

Gee - aren't you just a teensy bit jealous then? Next time, don't duck that bullet, FPS.

And if the afterlife were so great, why not a church-approved ritual for suicide?

Yeah, it's stupid.

Yeah, I was reading about that yesterday. How much more evidence must there be to prove that religion brainwashes kids? And I would like to add - if dead is so great, why did the girl act to save her grandparents' lives?

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF