Stupid shit Trump says over Twitter

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
06-01-2017, 11:03 AM
RE: Stupid shit Trump says over Twitter
"The dishonest media does not report that any money spent on building the Great Wall (for sake of speed), will be paid back by Mexico later!"

Blink Blink Laughat bwagahahjahesauaha ... what's he gonna do? Threaten to send Chico back or threaten to keep Hector here?

#sigh
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
06-01-2017, 11:15 AM
(06-01-2017 11:03 AM)GirlyMan Wrote:  "The dishonest media does not report that any money spent on building the Great Wall (for sake of speed), will be paid back by Mexico later!"

Blink Blink Laughat bwagahahjahesauaha ... what's he gonna do? Threaten to send Chico back or threaten to keep Hector here?

He keeps saying that but how can he force Mexico to pay for it? Unless it's a bait and switch thing through tariff trade with Mexico that ends up funding it...Which would be likely but disingenuous since when he says shit like that people take it as meaning that he's handing Mexico an invoice bill for the wall and they're cutting a check.

All that means is that money that should be routed somewhere else is being rerouted to pay for the fucking wall -- which really won't ever be "paid for" just lumped into the deficit with everything else.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

06-01-2017, 11:19 AM
(06-01-2017 11:15 AM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(06-01-2017 11:03 AM)GirlyMan Wrote:  "The dishonest media does not report that any money spent on building the Great Wall (for sake of speed), will be paid back by Mexico later!"

He keeps saying that but how can he force Mexico to pay for it? Unless it's a bait and switch thing through tariff trade with Mexico that ends up funding it...Which would be likely but disingenuous since when he says shit like that people take it as meaning that he's handing Mexico an invoice bill for the wall and they're cutting a check.

He's already said he was gonna "renegotiate" NAFTA. It's not a trump card if you've already played it.

#sigh
06-01-2017, 11:27 AM
(06-01-2017 11:19 AM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(06-01-2017 11:15 AM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  He keeps saying that but how can he force Mexico to pay for it? Unless it's a bait and switch thing through tariff trade with Mexico that ends up funding it...Which would be likely but disingenuous since when he says shit like that people take it as meaning that he's handing Mexico an invoice bill for the wall and they're cutting a check.

He's already said he was gonna "renegotiate" NAFTA. It's not a trump card if you've already played it.

So the North America Trade Agreement is only for trade Mexico and Canada has nothing to say about it?

It seems to me that in a trade agreement between countries, if someone wants to renegotiate terms of an agreement, all the concerned parties would have to sign off on it, no?

06-01-2017, 11:36 AM
(06-01-2017 11:27 AM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(06-01-2017 11:19 AM)GirlyMan Wrote:  He's already said he was gonna "renegotiate" NAFTA. It's not a trump card if you've already played it.

So the North America Trade Agreement is only for trade Mexico and Canada has nothing to say about it?

It seems to me that in a trade agreement between countries, if someone wants to renegotiate terms of an agreement, all the concerned parties would have to sign off on it, no?

Yup. I'm not sure he has anything left to even bring them to the table other than feeble threats.

#sigh
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
06-01-2017, 12:36 PM
(06-01-2017 11:15 AM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  

All that means is that money that should be routed somewhere else is being rerouted to pay for the fucking wall -- which really won't ever be "paid for" just lumped into the deficit with everything else.

If the solution is "tariffs" then American taxpayers will have paid twice for the same shitty wall, once out of our tax dollars and then out of our paychecks for stuff made in Mexico that now costs 5x as much. Facepalm
[+] 4 users Like julep's post
06-01-2017, 12:57 PM
[Image: LEAFmuV.png]

Need to think of a witty signature.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like Shai Hulud's post
06-01-2017, 12:57 PM
(06-01-2017 11:27 AM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(06-01-2017 11:19 AM)GirlyMan Wrote:  He's already said he was gonna "renegotiate" NAFTA. It's not a trump card if you've already played it.

Not really. Like a marriage if he (or she0 gets tired of the original terms it only takes one backing out to break it all sown.
06-01-2017, 01:05 PM
(06-01-2017 12:57 PM)Born Again Pagan Wrote:  
(06-01-2017 11:27 AM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  So the North America Trade Agreement is only for trade Mexico and Canada has nothing to say about it?

Not really. Like a marriage if he (or she0 gets tired of the original terms it only takes one backing out to break it all sown.

True but that's dissolving a trade agreement. If you renegotiate trade terms the other parties must agree to that.

06-01-2017, 01:15 PM
(06-01-2017 12:57 PM)Born Again Pagan Wrote:  
(06-01-2017 11:27 AM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  So the North America Trade Agreement is only for trade Mexico and Canada has nothing to say about it?

That's why I put "renegotiate" in quotes. Unilateral dissolution is not generally considered "renegotiation." I think it's more commonly referred to as "operating in bad faith" and usually results in the other parties not willing to enter into any agreements at all.

#sigh