Stupid shit Trump says over Twitter

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
04-03-2017, 12:15 PM
RE: Stupid shit Trump says over Twitter
(04-03-2017 12:12 PM)Dom Wrote:  Yabbut, Bannon will not be content. He wants to call the shots.

That's assuming Bannon is in opposition to what Republicans want. And he's not an island either. I'm pretty sure Trump can be made to abandon Bannon if the need should arise.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes abaris's post
04-03-2017, 12:17 PM
(04-03-2017 12:15 PM)abaris Wrote:  
(04-03-2017 12:12 PM)Dom Wrote:  Yabbut, Bannon will not be content. He wants to call the shots.

That's assuming Bannon is in opposition to what Republicans want. And he's not an island either. I'm pretty sure Trump can be made to abandon Bannon if the need should arise.

And that's when it will all explode....

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 1 user Likes Dom's post
04-03-2017, 12:26 PM
(04-03-2017 12:17 PM)Dom Wrote:  And that's when it will all explode....

I hear you but I don't see it. I also don't share your optimism. Trump's positions are largely in line with what republicans want and so are Bannons. They may have some disagreements over some details but these are minute.

I hear impeachement left and right, but I would be pleasantly surprised if that were to happen. Trump's cabinet is undiluted establishment repubs. Bannon may be the one out, but the only thing he may call for a few mild frowns is his racism. Not because of racism as such but because he's rather open about it.
[+] 1 user Likes abaris's post
04-03-2017, 12:38 PM
(04-03-2017 12:26 PM)abaris Wrote:  
(04-03-2017 12:17 PM)Dom Wrote:  And that's when it will all explode....

I hear you but I don't see it. I also don't share your optimism. Trump's positions are largely in line with what republicans want and so are Bannons. They may have some disagreements over some details but these are minute.

I hear impeachement left and right, but I would be pleasantly surprised if that were to happen. Trump's cabinet is undiluted establishment repubs. Bannon may be the one out, but the only thing he may call for a few mild frowns is his racism. Not because of racism as such but because he's rather open about it.

I think Trump and Bannon want an autocratic police and military state. They want to gang up with Russia and others and take the "countries that breed islamic terrorists". They have a plan.

They are conspiracy theorists and act like a couple of kids with a plan, and they made it all the way into the White House.

They will be falling out with either their own people (generals aren't stupid, at least not when it comes to the nitty gritty) and implode, or the repubs and be impeached.

Or - Trump will fall apart and roll up in his fetal position on the couch for the next 4 years, watching TV and eating meat loaf.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 3 users Like Dom's post
04-03-2017, 12:46 PM (This post was last modified: 04-03-2017 12:53 PM by abaris.)
(04-03-2017 12:38 PM)Dom Wrote:  I think Trump and Bannon want an autocratic police and military state. They want to gang up with Russia and others and take the "countries that breed islamic terrorists". They have a plan.

They are conspiracy theorists and act like a couple of kids with a plan, and they made it all the way into the White House.

They will be falling out with either their own people (generals aren't stupid, at least not when it comes to the nitty gritty) and implode, or the repubs and be impeached.

Or - Trump will fall apart and roll up in his fetal position on the couch for the next 4 years, watching TV and eating meat loaf.

Far as I see it, you still have to high of an opinion of Republicans. You just wrote a list of things I think they're perfectly capable of doing. Police state, fine and dandy, for most of them. Rolling back on social issues and social security. Also fine.

Russia, let's see where this actually leads. I guess Putin's hopes were entirely misplaced, far as the rest of the administration and the Houses go. That won't amount to much.

Trump will be led not removed. Same goes for Bannon, if he offers any resistance, which I don't think he will do, since he's perfectly in line with what's intended. For the largest parts at least.
04-03-2017, 01:11 PM
(04-03-2017 12:46 PM)abaris Wrote:  
(04-03-2017 12:38 PM)Dom Wrote:  I think Trump and Bannon want an autocratic police and military state. They want to gang up with Russia and others and take the "countries that breed islamic terrorists". They have a plan.

Far as I see it, you still have to high of an opinion of Republicans. You just wrote a list of things I think they're perfectly capable of doing. Police state, fine and dandy, for most of them. Rolling back on social issues and social security. Also fine.

Russia, let's see where this actually leads. I guess Putin's hopes were entirely misplaced, far as the rest of the administration and the Houses go. That won't amount to much.

Trump will be led not removed. Same goes for Bannon, if he offers any resistance, which I don't think he will do, since he's perfectly in line with what's intended. For the largest parts at least.

And I think you think too much of Trump and Bannon. They are total wild cards, and they won't sit still and be led. Unless Trump has his ego completely destroyed. In which case the couch scenario applies - maybe for life. Trump is unstable - and it is entirely possible for him to implode. If he does, he will be sitting still but only to shoot of any poisoned darts he can find. For the rest of his life because for him what counts is importance - whether he is important because people love or hate him is irrelevant (except for his daughter). Bannon may be more rational, but he has convictions and he will never get closer to implementing "cures". You ought to listen to some of his stuff. It's wayyyyyy out there. He's not giving up easily.

I don't see this ending well for anyone.

[+] 3 users Like Dom's post
04-03-2017, 01:14 PM
(04-03-2017 01:11 PM)Dom Wrote:  You ought to listen to some of his stuff. It's wayyyyyy out there. He's not giving up easily.

I don't see this ending well for anyone.

I never said something about this ending well. And I listened to what Bannon said. In fact it's one of the reasons why I think Republicans are comfortable with his views. He says a bit more than the establishment usually does, but that's not hiding the fact that they're of similar minds.
04-03-2017, 06:26 PM
A bedtime book for tonight.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/dona...3aaec123/0

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
05-03-2017, 03:19 PM
Well, the leaks say that Trump has been raging ever since he wrote the last tweets. He's been in Florida since and it apparently didn't calm him down any. He is still supposed to be fuming.

Everyone at the White House hide under your desks - narcissistic rage is not pretty.

[+] 1 user Likes Dom's post
05-03-2017, 03:24 PM
(05-03-2017 03:19 PM)Dom Wrote:  Well, the leaks say that Trump has been raging ever since he wrote the last tweets. He's been in Florida since and it apparently didn't calm him down any. He is still supposed to be fuming.

Everyone at the White House hide under your desks - narcissistic rage is not pretty.

70 yo old man with a 70 yo ticker and a fast food fetish fuming in unquenchable rage for a few days. Consider Another attempt by the Repubicles to make it look like an accident? Yes

#sigh
[+] 3 users Like GirlyMan's post