Stupid shit Trump says over Twitter

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
02-07-2017, 03:18 PM
RE: Stupid shit Trump says over Twitter
(02-07-2017 03:09 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(02-07-2017 02:13 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  He didn't say this on twitter but this is a prime example of his stupidity.

“You know what uranium is, right? It’s this thing called nuclear weapons. And other things. Like lots of things are done with uranium. Including some bad things. But nobody talks about that.”

What a moron.

Good God. I'm not gonna google that because I'm gonna pretend it's fake news so that I can fall asleep tonight.

The Chump® says it's fake news. Big Grin
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
02-07-2017, 03:28 PM (This post was last modified: 02-07-2017 03:39 PM by GirlyMan.)
(02-07-2017 03:18 PM)Fireball Wrote:  
(02-07-2017 03:09 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Good God. I'm not gonna google that because I'm gonna pretend it's fake news so that I can fall asleep tonight.

The Chump® says it's fake news. Big Grin

I swear I've read this plot somewhere before and know how it ends. gimme a sec. .... "Ape and Essence" by William Tallis. Smile

#sigh
02-07-2017, 05:33 PM
This afternoon:

Quote:The FAKE MEDIA is trying to silence us - but we will not let them!
The FAKE MEDIA is trying to silence us - but we will not let them. We won & they lost! The dishonest media will NEVER keep us from accomplishing our objectives on behalf of our GREAT AMERICAN PEOPLE!

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 1 user Likes Dom's post
02-07-2017, 05:40 PM
There's both protocol and precedent in the US Navy that a captain can be relieved of his/her command if said captain becomes unable to fulfil his/her responsibilities due to illness, injury or mental incapacity.

The last time this happened - at least, this is the last one I could find - took place in August 2016 when Captain Anthony Simmons was relieved of his captaincy by Rear Adm Roy Kelly because of loss of confidence in his ability to lead resulting from his failure to follow the exemplary conduct expected of commanders.

Trump, by any measure one wishes to use, does not have the confidence of either the American Public or the entire legislative branch.

He should do the right thing and resign. Immediately. And, following the resignation, seek help for his mental instability. For the sake of his family, especially his young son Barron, he really, really needs to get help.
[+] 4 users Like Heath_Tierney's post
02-07-2017, 06:25 PM
(02-07-2017 05:40 PM)Heath_Tierney Wrote:  There's both protocol and precedent in the US Navy that a captain can be relieved of his/her command if said captain becomes unable to fulfil his/her responsibilities due to illness, injury or mental incapacity.

The last time this happened - at least, this is the last one I could find - took place in August 2016 when Captain Anthony Simmons was relieved of his captaincy by Rear Adm Roy Kelly because of loss of confidence in his ability to lead resulting from his failure to follow the exemplary conduct expected of commanders.

Trump, by any measure one wishes to use, does not have the confidence of either the American Public or the entire legislative branch.

He should do the right thing and resign. Immediately. And, following the resignation, seek help for his mental instability. For the sake of his family, especially his young son Barron, he really, really needs to get help.

Yes It simply amazes me that people saw that going on and voted for him, anyway. Disgust with the way the system is, I can certainly understand. But, as I have told some law enforcement types I know, when some of them said, "Give him a chance", I said, "If he was pushing a shopping cart full of clothes and recyclables on the street and talked to you like that, you'd 5150 him, wouldn't you?". Most of the LEO I know work in the city of LA; 5150 is an involuntary 72-hour psychiatric evaluation hold. Didn't get any argument.
[+] 2 users Like Fireball's post
02-07-2017, 07:34 PM (This post was last modified: 02-07-2017 07:48 PM by Lord Dark Helmet.)
(02-07-2017 05:40 PM)Heath_Tierney Wrote:  There's both protocol and precedent in the US Navy that a captain can be relieved of his/her command if said captain becomes unable to fulfil his/her responsibilities due to illness, injury or mental incapacity.

First LMAO at polls. Come on. Nobody believes that shit anymore. They're bunk. Just read the fine print. "We polled 867 democrats and 623 republicans." It was like that all through the election. If Trump's approval ratings are as low as they say, why couldn't democrats win ONE of the 4 special elections? They spent millions in Georgia and the polls were wrong again.

Second, congress isn't doing anything to take power from Trump. I haven't seen any evidence of that. A house panel voted to end the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan and change it to war against ISIS. That in no way limits Trump, in fact it could give him even more power to go after terrorists. Besides, that's only one small committee, not the entire house, then it would still have to pass the republican controlled senate. This CNN article tries so hard to make Trump look bad. "Oh no! They voted to give the military 30 billion more than Trump asked for, they obviously hate Trump." That's the biggest leap ever.

"Evil will always triumph over good, because good is dumb." - Lord Dark Helmet
[Image: 25397spaceballs.gif]
02-07-2017, 07:48 PM
(02-07-2017 01:21 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  Gotta say. Dude is smart. He's playing the media for fools. They eat it up and overreact to everything he does. Which in turn makes it look like he's telling the truth about their agenda. This kind of stuff got him elected. And will get him reelected. The media didn't learn anything from the election.

Trump is making a fool of himself by trying to make fools of others. He doesn't begin to understand the professional standards of the media he denounces.

Some people still like what Trump does, sure. But he would not likely get elected again today with a 39% popularity rating. Remember, he was barely elected the first time, and all those people who voted against him are still voting Americans and are very angry about what they see him doing.
[+] 1 user Likes Thoreauvian's post
02-07-2017, 07:54 PM
(02-07-2017 07:34 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  

First LMAO at polls. Come on. Nobody believes that shit anymore. They're bunk. Just read the fine print. "We polled 867 democrats and 623 republicans." It was like that all through the election.

Second, congress isn't doing anything to take power from Trump. I haven't seen any evidence of that. A house panel voted to end the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan and change it to war against ISIS. That in no way limits Trump, in fact it could give him even more power to go after terrorists. Besides, that's only one small committee, not the entire house, then it would still have to pass the republican controlled senate. This CNN article tries so hard to make Trump look bad. "Oh no! They voted to give the military 30 billion more than Trump asked for, they obviously hate Trump." That's the biggest leap ever.

Facts, my friend, facts. They are your friend.

Congress has already removed some power from the Oval Office, and is ignoring much of Trump's budget cuts. There's a post I made about it, including references, here.

As well, the whole "don't believe liberal polls" thing is old hat and worn out. Turns out that the polls for the election were actually pretty accurate, giving Hillary a small margin of victory. Turns out that's exactly what happened according to the popular vote. It's the peculiarities of the electoral college that gave Trump the fake victory.
[+] 2 users Like Heath_Tierney's post
02-07-2017, 08:10 PM
(02-07-2017 07:54 PM)Heath_Tierney Wrote:  
(02-07-2017 07:34 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  First LMAO at polls. Come on. Nobody believes that shit anymore. They're bunk. Just read the fine print. "We polled 867 democrats and 623 republicans." It was like that all through the election.

Facts, my friend, facts. They are your friend.

Congress has already removed some power from the Oval Office, and is ignoring much of Trump's budget cuts. There's a post I made about it, including references, here.

As well, the whole "don't believe liberal polls" thing is old hat and worn out. Turns out that the polls for the election were actually pretty accurate, giving Hillary a small margin of victory. Turns out that's exactly what happened according to the popular vote. It's the peculiarities of the electoral college that gave Trump the fake victory.

No. The polls were wrong in the "blue wall" states.

Pennsylvania Hillary +2.1
https://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls...-5633.html

Michigan Hillary +3.6
https://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls...-5533.html

Wisconsin Hillary +6.5
https://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls...-5659.html

"Evil will always triumph over good, because good is dumb." - Lord Dark Helmet
[Image: 25397spaceballs.gif]
02-07-2017, 08:22 PM
(02-07-2017 08:10 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  No. The polls were wrong in the "blue wall" states.

Pennsylvania Hillary +2.1
https://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls...-5633.html

Michigan Hillary +3.6
https://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls...-5533.html

Wisconsin Hillary +6.5
https://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls...-5659.html

The national polls were pretty clear. There's a compendium of them here. Most of them had Clinton beating Trump by a couple of percentage points. The popular vote was just that:
Clinton: 65,844,610 (48.2%)
Trump: 62,979,636 (46.1%)
Source: http://www.dailywire.com/news/11777/how-...s-barrett#

See the difference? A couple of percentage points. Pretty much as predicted.

The polls, alas, were pretty close.
[+] 1 user Likes Heath_Tierney's post