Stupid shit Trump says over Twitter

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
11-07-2017, 07:17 AM
RE: Stupid shit Trump says over Twitter
Donald J. Trump ‏Verified account @realDonaldTrump

Putin & I discussed forming an impenetrable Cyber Security unit so that election hacking, & many other negative things, will be guarded..

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Dom's post
11-07-2017, 07:44 AM
(11-07-2017 07:17 AM)Dom Wrote:  Donald J. Trump ‏Verified account @realDonaldTrump

Putin & I discussed forming an impenetrable Cyber Security unit so that election hacking, & many other negative things, will be guarded..

^^ Did he actually say that on twitter??? "Oh don't mind us, we're just having a nifty little chat. Hiring the fox to guard the henhouse. He's a great fox. The best."

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 2 users Like morondog's post
11-07-2017, 07:56 AM
(11-07-2017 07:17 AM)Dom Wrote:  Donald J. Trump ‏Verified account @realDonaldTrump

Yeah, we definitely need to protect election hacking and other negative things. It's important to guard those activities.

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 3 users Like unfogged's post
11-07-2017, 07:57 AM
(11-07-2017 07:44 AM)morondog Wrote:  

^^ Did he actually say that on twitter??? "Oh don't mind us, we're just having a nifty little chat. Hiring the fox to guard the henhouse. He's a great fox. The best."

He talked about it in person, too. However, apparently his people talked him out of it now. Thank dog!

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
11-07-2017, 08:20 AM
(05-07-2017 06:28 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  I guess to those who are as unread and as uneducated as a bag of rocks Trump looks positively presidential. [Image: cKf4cE0.gif?zoom=2]

[Image: us90ahC.png]

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
[+] 3 users Like GirlyMan's post
11-07-2017, 02:34 PM
(11-07-2017 08:20 AM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(05-07-2017 06:28 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  I guess to those who are as unread and as uneducated as a bag of rocks Trump looks positively presidential. [Image: cKf4cE0.gif?zoom=2]

[Image: us90ahC.png]

I think it's easy to understand why. To the average republican voter, a college degree is unnecessary. They work as cops, mechanics, construction workers, plumbers and make a good living without college. And they see whiney college kids with liberal arts degrees working at Starbucks for minimum wage, suffering from all types of depression and needing safe spaces. So yeah, college has mostly become a joke.

"Evil will always triumph over good, because good is dumb." - Lord Dark Helmet
[Image: 25397spaceballs.gif]
11-07-2017, 05:30 PM (This post was last modified: 11-07-2017 05:37 PM by GirlyMan.)
(11-07-2017 02:34 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  
(11-07-2017 08:20 AM)GirlyMan Wrote:  [Image: us90ahC.png]

I think it's easy to understand why. To the average republican voter, a college degree is unnecessary. They work as cops, mechanics, construction workers, plumbers and make a good living without college. And they see whiney college kids with liberal arts degrees working at Starbucks for minimum wage, suffering from all types of depression and needing safe spaces. So yeah, college has mostly become a joke.

When I was 17 my buddy got me a construction job for $4.25/hr. Showed up gung ho at 0530 ready to work. Get in a van to drive to the site. Get to the site at 0700. Don't get paid for windshield time. Foreman tells me "Don't get paid for windshield time." as he gives me a nice leather toolbelt and a professional looking pick hammer. Spent the next 10 hours digging ditches for footers. Before I got into the van for the 90 minute unpaid ride back, foreman says "You really earned your tools today." "Thanks. ... Consider ... What do you mean?" "The tools come out of your pay. You'll have them paid off by Wednesday." That was the day I realized there was no fucking way I could do anything like this for the next 50 years. Instead I sit at a desk in front of a computer monitor all day. I can do this for 70-80 years easy. Already done 35 and none the worse for wear and tear. Physical labor feels like forced labor to me. I'll take a walk or lift something heavy if I want to do something physical.

(11-07-2017 02:34 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  So yeah, college has mostly become a joke.

Usually when someone says something like this I conclude they don't have a college degree. But sometimes I'm wrong. Am I wrong?

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
11-07-2017, 05:40 PM
(11-07-2017 05:30 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(11-07-2017 02:34 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  I think it's easy to understand why. To the average republican voter, a college degree is unnecessary. They work as cops, mechanics, construction workers, plumbers and make a good living without college. And they see whiney college kids with liberal arts degrees working at Starbucks for minimum wage, suffering from all types of depression and needing safe spaces. So yeah, college has mostly become a joke.

When I was 17 my buddy got me a construction job for $4.25/hr. Showed up gung ho at 0530 ready to work. Get in a van to drive to the site. Get to the site at 0700. Don't get paid for windshield time. Foreman tells me "Don't get paid for windshield time." as he gives me a nice leather toolbelt and a professional looking pick hammer. Spent the next 10 hours digging ditches for footers. Before I got into the van for the 90 minute unpaid ride back, foreman says "You really earned your tools today." "Thanks. ... Consider ... What do you mean?" "The tools come out of your pay. You'll have them paid off by Wednesday." That was the day I realized there was no fucking way I could do anything like this for the next 50 years. Instead I sit at a desk in front of a computer monitor all day. I can do this for 70-80 years easy. Already done 35 and none the worse for wear and tear. Physical labor feels like forced labor to me. I'll take a walk or lift something heavy if I want to do something physical.

(11-07-2017 02:34 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  So yeah, college has mostly become a joke.

Usually when someone says something like this I conclude they don't have a college degree. But sometimes I'm wrong. Am I wrong?

I have an associates degree in criminal justice, which I got AFTER I became a cop so I've never actually used it to get a job. I used my police and military experience to get my current position as a private investigator at a grocery store chain. It was a wasted $7,500. But it looks cool on my wall.

"Evil will always triumph over good, because good is dumb." - Lord Dark Helmet
[Image: 25397spaceballs.gif]
11-07-2017, 09:12 PM
(11-07-2017 05:30 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(11-07-2017 02:34 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  I think it's easy to understand why. To the average republican voter, a college degree is unnecessary. They work as cops, mechanics, construction workers, plumbers and make a good living without college. And they see whiney college kids with liberal arts degrees working at Starbucks for minimum wage, suffering from all types of depression and needing safe spaces. So yeah, college has mostly become a joke.

Nope. If he worked as a tech at some company, he'd be the same guy who talks smack about a design, calling it "over-engineered". Classic case of not knowing dick about what it takes, but bitching about some petty detail on the drawing, which, once he's educated (because he didn't understand it or was ignorant of it), still won't admit that he's wrong and was just shooting off his mouth. I've seen it, believe me.
[+] 1 user Likes Fireball's post
11-07-2017, 09:24 PM
(11-07-2017 05:40 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  
(11-07-2017 05:30 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  When I was 17 my buddy got me a construction job for $4.25/hr. Showed up gung ho at 0530 ready to work. Get in a van to drive to the site. Get to the site at 0700. Don't get paid for windshield time. Foreman tells me "Don't get paid for windshield time." as he gives me a nice leather toolbelt and a professional looking pick hammer. Spent the next 10 hours digging ditches for footers. Before I got into the van for the 90 minute unpaid ride back, foreman says "You really earned your tools today." "Thanks. ... Consider ... What do you mean?" "The tools come out of your pay. You'll have them paid off by Wednesday." That was the day I realized there was no fucking way I could do anything like this for the next 50 years. Instead I sit at a desk in front of a computer monitor all day. I can do this for 70-80 years easy. Already done 35 and none the worse for wear and tear. Physical labor feels like forced labor to me. I'll take a walk or lift something heavy if I want to do something physical.

I have an associates degree in criminal justice, which I got AFTER I became a cop so I've never actually used it to get a job. I used my police and military experience to get my current position as a private investigator at a grocery store chain. It was a wasted $7,500. But it looks cool on my wall.

With apologies to JennyBee, looking at the women in the changing rooms who are taking selfies to post on Reddit/GoneWild and/or boosting a negligee isn't something I'd be bragging about. I got out of the US Navy and went to the university and got a degree in physics. I was given, by my count, a little over $14k from the GI Bill to get that degree. Yes, I could have made almost the same money as a mechanic, since by the time I graduated college, I was ASE-certified and had all three state licenses for the state of California- SMOG, Brakes and Lamps. If someone got a ticket for an equipment violation, I could repair and certify that repair, and I could inspect and approve SMOG (and repair, if needed) for the state of California. But my life would suck at this point, because while I could have made almost the same money, I'd be worn out and quite possibly not even alive after this amount of time in the job. Somebody has to do those jobs, yes indeed, but their lives are going to be shorter and more misery-filled.
[+] 2 users Like Fireball's post