Stupid,stupid me!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
15-08-2013, 05:46 AM
Stupid,stupid me!
So,my mom said we are going to clean the storage shed,and thats the place where i smoke when im home. So i decided to trow away al the old cig boxes,but count them first.
I counted

50 big pall mall green boxes
70 small pall mall green boxes
10 big pall mall red
16 small pall mall red
12 small pallmall blue
10 small dunhill red
4 small morrelo
2 fine cut dunhill

and thats a small part,cuz many of them are trown away in public.
That makes 1k+700+660=2360 cigs i smoked at home over a timespan of 3 years,so thats 3 per day.
I spent a total of $920 on them,wich makes $27 per month.
The numbers are obviously higher because i didnt save every box i smoked.

If i never smoked,i could have bought a laptop with that money!

After today,im going to decrease on the amount (again) and eventually stop smoking.

I saved those boxes
1.cuz i couldnt just trow them away
2.to remind me how much my addiction costs.

Im going to avoid my friends that smoke,going to do something productive each time i want a cig,ect.

Right now,i am at 10+ a day,i want to bring that down to 6/day in the next 2 weeks,then 4/day in the following 2 weeks, then 2/day in the next 2 weeks,then 1/day till i decide i want to stop.

I don't really like going outside.
It's too damn "peopley" out there....
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
15-08-2013, 06:14 AM
RE: Stupid,stupid me!
I've heard the best way is cold turkey. I know people who did it that way and never started again. Read some books on quitting smoking, I believe they help, and you will also read it there that it's not the best thing to quit gradually.

"Behind every great pirate, there is a great butt."
-Guybrush Threepwood-
15-08-2013, 07:36 AM
My grandpa smoked everyday from the age of 12 until he was into his 60s. He stopped cold turkey the moment he started coughing up blood.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
15-08-2013, 08:42 AM
I did cold turkey a year ago. I stopped for 2 months,then i started again. I dont have a physical addiction,but a mental addiction.
I can go days without a cig,but i get a lot of craving for it.

15-08-2013, 09:24 AM
There is no one way to do it. If everyone could do it the same way, I'd start a stop smoking clinic and make zillions.

Everyone has to find their own way, and it's mostly about what's in your head, not which way you attack the issue. There are many ways to quit that work - if you can get your brain to tow the line.

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
15-08-2013, 10:00 AM
Physical addiction is real. The thing is, the physical aspect of the addiction is very short-lived. The mental addiction is crazy strong. I stopped smoking in 2007. In 2010ish, I started to socially smoke. That meant less than a pack a whole year. Probably like 10 cigarettes a year when I'm out drinking. A couple months ago, I just lost all desire to smoke. The mental aspect is pretty much gone for me now.

I quit cold turkey, but that's just me. I will say constantly quitting and starting up isn't good. It's certainly better than smoking the whole time, but I believe it's bad in the long-run for quitting completely. You really just have to suck it up and force yourself to quit. When I quit, I gained a ton of weight. Something like 20+ pounds because I was satiating my addiction with junk food. Video games helped a lot too actually as it took my mind off smoking completely.

Have you tried a vaporizer? With the amount of money you spend, it might be worth the investment. I'm thinking of buying one just to puff on without the nicotine. A lot of the mental addiction for me comes from the act of smoking itself. I love blowing smoke. Worth a shot. Start out with normal levels of nicotine and taper off until you're at 0 nicotine. The act of puffing on a vape might be enough to help you quit completely.

http://ivape.net/

“We are all connected; To each other, biologically. To the earth, chemically. To the rest of the universe atomically.”

-Neil deGrasse Tyson
15-08-2013, 10:20 AM
Yes, You are right! Its not the nicotine,its the act of sucking smoke and then blowing it,thats the thing i crave.
On a side note,e-cigs and vapos are illegal here

15-08-2013, 11:25 AM
I quitted 3 months ago thanks to the flu, couldn't bread for a week, so smoking was impossible. I smoked a few cigs after I healed but the craving was gone...

I'm not saying you should get sick though... but maybe loosing a blanket at night could help Tongue

[Image: sigvacachica.png]
15-08-2013, 11:31 AM
I was sick one time,i couldnt smoke for a week. Then the craving started again Drinking Beverage