Stupid things that you believed as a child

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
16-01-2016, 02:18 PM
RE: Stupid things that you believed as a child
I believed late at night. If weren't asleep a floating monster would fly near your window throw you in his bag and take you away from my parents.

I had a toy puppet that had glowing eyes. For a long time I used to think something was living in my closet watching me.

I had the tan one in the right center.

[Image: Boglins.jpg]

I would also avoid cracks thinking it would harm my mothers back.

Don't Live each day like it's your last. Live each day like you have 541 days after that one where every choice you make will have lasting implications to you and the world around you. ~ Tim Minchin
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Commonsensei's post
16-01-2016, 03:49 PM
(16-01-2016 01:17 PM)Stark Raving Wrote:  I believed that swimming within an hour of eating could cause cramps and result in drowning.

Yes, I thought that was trueGasp
16-01-2016, 03:52 PM
(16-01-2016 01:56 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  I used to think aspirin came from Quaking Aspen trees. I thought they took the tree trunk and shrunk it down to the size of a pencil then cut it into little pills.

I thought ferrets were mice that were put on a stretching machine and stretched into ferrets.

I thought that if I went out, got some grass in the meadow next to our house and made nests for the local bird population that they'd be thrilled, come by and fly off with the entire nest. They never did but I kept making nests anyway.

I thought fish were in actual schools under the water learning fish stuff.

I thought bees made honey with some sort of tiny little machine. The machine had a crank that the bee had to constantly turn to make the honey come out.

For several weeks one summer I was convinced that I was invisible. I was the youngest of 6 and no one paid any attention to me so logically I was unseen and quite invisible. Unfortunately when school started up my mother found me.
Love the ferret oneSmile
20-01-2016, 06:14 PM
I used to believe that when I rode in the car at night that the moon was following me. After all, every time I looked out the window, it was there!

I also used to believe that my body was hollow inside, and that when I ate, food dropped down to my feet and I gradually filled up. I'm not sure what I thought would happen when the food reached my mouth.
[+] 1 user Likes beeglez's post
20-01-2016, 07:05 PM
My uncle use to recite this:

There was a little girl who had a little curl,
right in the middle of her forehead.
And when she was good, she was very very good
And when she was bad, she was horrid.

I had whitish blonde curly hair when I was young and I thought he made that up just for me. It wasn't until I was 13 and read it in a poetry book for class that I found out he didn't. I was a bit crushed. Sad

[Image: dnw9krH.jpg?4]
[+] 1 user Likes Heatheness's post
20-01-2016, 07:24 PM
(20-01-2016 06:14 PM)beeglez Wrote:  I used to believe that when I rode in the car at night that the moon was following me. After all, every time I looked out the window, it was there!

I did too. Blush

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
20-01-2016, 08:27 PM
I've had one cat or another around since forever!
The white one would lay on my chest, and try to sleep there Blush , and my grandmother was crazy with superstitious crap she liked to impart to the young'uns like it was fact! Dodgy

[Image: ur6.jpg]

Oddly enough, it was Stephen King's movie, Cat's Eye, that convinced my young self that my kitty wuz innocent! Shy Hug Heart

But...

Huh Sadcryface2 Bechased

20-01-2016, 08:37 PM
That intelligence has anything to do with time spent alive.

I've known people who, despite being on the earth for 50 years, question nothing that immediately satisfies their bias'. Look at Fox News' audience.

And I've known 16 year-olds who are infinitely beyond their years. Little philosophers that can fix grannies computer to boot.
24-01-2016, 04:46 PM
(16-01-2016 02:18 PM)Commonsensei Wrote:  I believed late at night. If weren't asleep a floating monster would fly near your window throw you in his bag and take you away from my parents.

I had a toy puppet that had glowing eyes. For a long time I used to think something was living in my closet watching me.

I had the tan one in the right center.

[Image: Boglins.jpg]

I would also avoid cracks thinking it would harm my mothers back.

oh shit those are boglins! i had 3 of those things. the large blue one, the lobster, and a small brown one.
24-01-2016, 04:54 PM
Upon seeing a nature film in a movie theater at the age of 6, I saw a fawn being born, the mom deer was profile so I didn't see the backside, just the fawn plopping out of the back. Next Monday I decided to announce on the school bus my new found knowledge that babies were born out of the ass. Yep I thought babies came out of the butt, not the vagina.

Poetry by Brian37(poems by an atheist) Also on Facebook as BrianJames Rational Poet and Twitter Brianrrs37
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Brian37's post