Stupid things you did when you were young.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
23-08-2012, 11:55 PM
Well, since I have recently acquired my Driver's License, my stupidity levels have increased ten-fold. On my mental rap sheet are, as following:

Trying to drift around dirt roads with a Chevy Blazer.
Going 95 on said road and then slamming on the brakes to see what would happen.
Nearly killing myself when I accidentally cut an S curve of a raised road(2 foot drop, though not a sharp one) My headlight fell out when I did this.

Well, the point is, what are some of the stupidest things you did in your youth?

Under Repair.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes itsacow's post
24-08-2012, 12:35 AM
RE: Stupid things you did when you were young.
(23-08-2012 11:55 PM)itsacow Wrote:  Well, the point is, what are some of the stupidest things you did in your youth?

... Just make sure you have an old age to remember how dumb you were...

I seem to recall lots of playing with fire. And some acutely embarrassing scenes with girls. Life threatening things with bikes. I used to have an old bike that the handlebars were so loose they could actually turn around while you were cycling. I learned to ride no hands for long distances. Several times I came off... Still better than my friend who had no brakes though.
24-08-2012, 12:45 AM
Still in my youth, I guess, but some things I've done over the years come to mind.

-Fairly large amounts of unprotected sex with girls I barely knew. That life if behind me, but I'm so thankful I didn't put some kind of handicap, or unwanted responsibility on myself in those years. I lucked out like you wouldn't believe.

-Like you said cow, I did some insane things when I got my first car- a 1994 Ford F150. Got it up to 100 on a dirt road then tried to swerve to a stop. Almost flipped it, and went into a ditch. I also drove it through a crazy ice/snow storm a few years ago. The tires were bad and the brakes were worse. How I got from point A to point B without damaging it or someone else's car, I have no idea.

There's more, but I'm tired. I'll be back.

[Image: g8g7t.jpg]
24-08-2012, 12:52 AM
(23-08-2012 11:55 PM)itsacow Wrote:  Well, since I have recently acquired my Driver's License, my stupidity levels have increased ten-fold. On my mental rap sheet are, as following:

Trying to drift around dirt roads with a Chevy Blazer.
Going 95 on said road and then slamming on the brakes to see what would happen.
Nearly killing myself when I accidentally cut an S curve of a raised road(2 foot drop, though not a sharp one) My headlight fell out when I did this.

Well, the point is, what are some of the stupidest things you did in your youth?

That. Drunk.

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
24-08-2012, 12:56 AM
I'm still waiting to see what my most stupid act will be. Confused

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
24-08-2012, 01:17 AM (This post was last modified: 24-08-2012 01:22 AM by Free Thought.)
Oh! A dumb experience thread? I wanna join in!

(back when I was much younger than I am now)
I used to share a room with my older brother, we had a bunk bed and I had made a sort of sport of jumping off the top bunk, one day the fan in the room was on, forgetting that the fan was on (somehow) I jumped and the fan slammed my forehead.

You know how Wile E Coyote use to run off a cliff stop in mid-air and just fall straight down? I did that; whack on the fan right down I went.
It might explain some things about the me of today though...Hobo

Best thing is, I didn't get hurt, just got a nasty bruise. Thumbsup

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
[+] 2 users Like Free Thought's post
24-08-2012, 01:58 AM
Oh I like this...

Drunk driving. A lot of drunk driving.
Then driving under LSD. A lot of LSD.

Interesting thing is that I never had an accident. Of any kind. Not even a scratch on my or any other car. And I do not call it luck, I call that self-control, meditation and experience. But stupid, nonetheless.

Big Grin

[Image: a6505fe8.jpg]
I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.
-Hunter S. Thompson
[+] 1 user Likes Filox's post
24-08-2012, 06:29 AM
(24-08-2012 01:58 AM)Filox Wrote:  Oh I like this...

Interesting thing is that I never had an accident. Of any kind. Not even a scratch on my or any other car. And I do not call it luck, I call that self-control, meditation and experience. But stupid, nonetheless.

Big Grin

I call it luck. Yes

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
24-08-2012, 06:40 AM
(23-08-2012 11:55 PM)itsacow Wrote:  ... what are some of the stupidest things you did in your youth?

Said "no" to Cathy Hayward (age 10)

Got Christened (age 9)

Got married (age 33)... ok, that's not my youth but it was the stupidest thing I ever did.

[+] 4 users Like DLJ's post
24-08-2012, 06:44 AM
(24-08-2012 06:29 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(24-08-2012 01:58 AM)Filox Wrote:  Oh I like this...

Big Grin

I call it luck. Yes

I drank too much too, and drove drunk. Nothing ever happened, but it was darn stupid.

I did tons of stupid things during the Hippie times, but really, I would not change that part of my life, it was too much fun. You are only immortal for a short time, lol. Reality sets in soon enough.

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 2 users Like Dom's post