Stupid things you did when you were young.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
24-08-2012, 09:46 AM
RE: Stupid things you did when you were young.
15 yo. Going out in the evening for the very first time and hitting on EVERY boy there (while I didn't even like boys at the time).
16 yo. Deciding I want to become a circus artist (clown/juggler)
17 yo. Making a DVD with my two best friends. Content of the DVD, bad self written sketches, weird dancing, acting out a fairytale in the living room,....
18 yo. Deciding I want to become a skipper
19 yo. Deciding that I don't want to become a skipper but a childcare assistant. (and becoming childcare assistant during the following 2 yrs)
20 yo. Hitting on my brother's wife.
21 yo. Stopped eating for 3 months
22 yo. Moving in with complete strangers that I only knew from a forum and who I have never met before.

"Freedom is the freedom to say that 2+2=4" - George Orwell (in 1984)
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Leela's post
24-08-2012, 09:49 AM
(24-08-2012 09:46 AM)Leela Wrote:  17 yo. Making a DVD with my two best friends. Content of the DVD, bad self written sketches, weird dancing, acting out a fairytale in the living room,....

Ahem...God is telling me to tell you it is time to cleanse yourself of this shame. He says the method of your release from your embarrassment is to post said DVD post haste. Drinking Beverage

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like Erxomai's post
24-08-2012, 10:25 AM
Sixteen years old......my best friend decides that it would be a great idea to write off his car and collect the insurance money. I agree, and volunteer to do the job. I figure it will be fun. So we take the car to a ravine outside the city. The plan is to destroy the car, then call it in as stolen

I put on my crash helmet (actually just a crappy bike helmet), strap myself in (ok, put on the seatbelt, then my buddy duct taped me to the seat), and proceed to drive towards the designated launch point. My plan? Drive off the edge of the ravine, get some spectacular air, and land the car at the bottom in a dramatic cloud of dust and smoke.

My plan failed.

Miserably.

Instead, when I reached the edge of the ravine, the car decided to obey the laws of physics. First, it slowed to half speed almost instantly, since hitting the soft burm at the edge of the ravine did not act as a ramp like I had hoped, but instead acted as a shock absorber. Next, the undercarriage dragged along the top of the ridge slowing me down even more. As the rear wheels passed over the edge, I was probably doing somewhere in the neighborhood of thirty km/h. Not nearly enough speed for my spectacular jump. The car limped over the edge, made a sickening groaning sound, then started to slide down the more than 45 degree slope. When I reached the bottom of the agonizingly slow and un-cool slide, the car had worked it's way sideways. It reached the bottom of the ravine with just enough oomph to tip the car up on it's side and then slowly, painfully, onto the roof.

So here I am, unscathed, duct taped into an upside down car, after making the worlds lamest attempt at what I envisioned as the worlds greatest stunt. My only success was writing off the car. But even that was actually a failure, since the police showed up long before I managed to remove myself from my stunt car. It was, in fact, the police who cut me out of the seat. My friend would have, but the only pocket knife we had was in my pocket, which was taped closed by four or five layers of industrial streingth tape (we spared no expense when it came to safety!) so the cops, with tears of laughter streaming down their face, cut me out of the car, and took me home. They had a good laugh again as they described the entire scene to my less than amused dad. Turns out they had seen the whole thing.

How's that for stupid?

So many cats, so few good recipes.
[+] 13 users Like Stark Raving's post
24-08-2012, 10:52 AM
There are far too many to count. Although, looking back, I realize that many of my misadventures were the result of a curious mind experimenting with the world.

The rest of them, though, were simply dumb for dumb's sake. The 3 that jump to mind at the moment are:

1) I decided to get out my BB gun to show a group of friends who were visiting from out of town. We walked about the neighborhood shooting this and that, when we happened upon an abandoned house with an old van sitting out front. The fully-intact windows of the house and unscathed outer-shell of the van were too tempting to pass up, so we went to town on the entirety of the property for the greater part of an hour. We shot windows, doors, porch-lamps, van mirrors - we decimated the place. We even walked around to the back of the house to ensure we left no pane of glass unbroken. The next day, my friends all left town and things went back to normal.

To my dismay, it was no more than a week later that the old man who *still* lived in the house returned home from a one-month stay in the hospital. He came home to find his entire house destroyed and, because God hates me, I was the only one there to take any of the heat.

2) I was a bit of a pyromaniac for much of my youth, so I could often be found pouring or spraying some sort of flamable liquid in various places and setting them on fire. One day, I was playing around with a brand new can of spraypaint when somehow (I can't remember how exactly) it came to have a small hole in it's side. Paint was spraying out of the tiny hole under immense pressure, so naturally I reached for my lighter (what else would I have done?). After setting the jet of paint on fire, I carefully picked up the can and wondered what I should do with it next. After all, a chemical fire can't simply be put out without first reaching it's full potential. So I thought for a moment and the idea dawned on me to throw the can. So I threw it - as high and as far as I could - down the gravel road on which I lived. The second it struck the ground, the entire can ruptured and literally exploded in a ball of liquid flame that set a large area of the road and several nearby trees on fire.

3) I was raised a christian, so I used to pray. A lot.

That's all I can think of for now.

Through profound pain comes profound knowledge.
Ridi, Pagliaccio, sul tuo amore infranto! Ridi del duol, che t'avvelena il cor!
[+] 2 users Like Misanthropik's post
24-08-2012, 11:17 AM
The list is long and incriminating....

Some bring back fond memories, some are impossible to forget no matter how hard I try.

Was a teen in the 70s and 20 something in the 80s...oh boy.

I'm not anti-social. I'm pro-solitude. Sleepy
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
24-08-2012, 02:30 PM
(24-08-2012 10:52 AM)Misanthropik Wrote:  There are far too many to count. Although, looking back, I realize that many of my misadventures were the result of a curious mind experimenting with the world.

The rest of them, though, were simply dumb for dumb's sake. The 3 that jump to mind at the moment are:

1) I decided to get out my BB gun to show a group of friends who were visiting from out of town. We walked about the neighborhood shooting this and that, when we happened upon an abandoned house with an old van sitting out front. The fully-intact windows of the house and unscathed outer-shell of the van were too tempting to pass up, so we went to town on the entirety of the property for the greater part of an hour. We shot windows, doors, porch-lamps, van mirrors - we decimated the place. We even walked around to the back of the house to ensure we left no pane of glass unbroken. The next day, my friends all left town and things went back to normal.

To my dismay, it was no more than a week later that the old man who *still* lived in the house returned home from a one-month stay in the hospital. He came home to find his entire house destroyed and, because God hates me, I was the only one there to take any of the heat.

2) I was a bit of a pyromaniac for much of my youth, so I could often be found pouring or spraying some sort of flamable liquid in various places and setting them on fire. One day, I was playing around with a brand new can of spraypaint when somehow (I can't remember how exactly) it came to have a small hole in it's side. Paint was spraying out of the tiny hole under immense pressure, so naturally I reached for my lighter (what else would I have done?). After setting the jet of paint on fire, I carefully picked up the can and wondered what I should do with it next. After all, a chemical fire can't simply be put out without first reaching it's full potential. So I thought for a moment and the idea dawned on me to throw the can. So I threw it - as high and as far as I could - down the gravel road on which I lived. The second it struck the ground, the entire can ruptured and literally exploded in a ball of liquid flame that set a large area of the road and several nearby trees on fire.

Please complete the picture for me... what colour was the paint?

24-08-2012, 02:34 PM
(24-08-2012 02:30 PM)DLJ Wrote:  
(24-08-2012 10:52 AM)Misanthropik Wrote:  There are far too many to count. Although, looking back, I realize that many of my misadventures were the result of a curious mind experimenting with the world.

Please complete the picture for me... what colour was the paint?

lol. Black, if memory serves.

Through profound pain comes profound knowledge.
Ridi, Pagliaccio, sul tuo amore infranto! Ridi del duol, che t'avvelena il cor!
24-08-2012, 02:42 PM (This post was last modified: 24-08-2012 02:48 PM by Leela.)
Stark your's is by far the VERY BEST DUMBEST thing in this threaed! I am not sure that there is a possibility to top that one! haha I was just loudly giggling around.

oh and for erx, that whole video is in german, you wouldn't understand a word... although we did some stuff that was without words o.O ah well those were times, young and dumb. No idea where that dvd is

24-08-2012, 02:53 PM
(24-08-2012 02:42 PM)Leela Wrote:  Stark your's is by far the VERY BEST DUMBEST thing in this threaed! I am not sure that there is a possibility to top that one! haha I was just loudly giggling around.

oh and for erx, that whole video is in german, you wouldn't understand a word... although we did some stuff that was without words o.O ah well those were times, young and dumb. No idea where that dvd is

It's not the language I care about. Big Grin

And I bet you know, you're just being sneaky. Rolleyes

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
24-08-2012, 03:06 PM
(24-08-2012 02:53 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  And I bet you know, you're just being sneaky. Rolleyes
AngelBlushAngel

[+] 2 users Like Leela's post