Stupid things you did when you were young.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
24-08-2012, 10:52 PM
RE: Stupid things you did when you were young.
All throughout elementary school (K-6) my friends and I use to play in the woods directly the school.

A five minute walk through the woods also led out to behind one of the local stores from which we always bought Little Debbie snack cake. Sometimes we ate them, most other times we took them back into the woods to throw at each other. Another favorite pastime of ours was to steal shopping carts that were left in the parking lot and take them back to a hole in the middle of a clearing that would gather rain fall. We aptly named the spot Shopping Cart Heaven.

Around fifth grade or so, the company that owned the woods put a fence with a barbed wire top stretching the length of the woods up, impeding our trips to the store. To protest this, one afternoon, and friend and I took hex saws up into the woods, and proceeded to cut ten feet of fencing and wire off.

Right as we finished, we heard a dog walking through the woods, so we ran and hid. It turned out to be an off duty police officer walking his dog. I have no idea how we got so lucky as to not be caught.

"The most valuable possession you can own is an open heart. The most powerful weapon you can be is an instrument of peace." -- Carlos Santana
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
24-08-2012, 11:03 PM
(24-08-2012 08:56 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(24-08-2012 08:29 PM)LadyJane Wrote:  I did one stupid thing, ...

Only one? You didn't get out much did you.

Yeah I did. And when all the people did stupid things, I watched.

(24-08-2012 08:56 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(24-08-2012 08:29 PM)LadyJane Wrote:  ... and though it hasn't left an impact really in a negative way, besides maybe psychological damage, it's too embarrassing for this thread or even the embarrassing moments thread. (It's not something that happened that's embarrassing, it's that I'm embarrassed I did this. )

There, you don't get to know what I did, but I did it! Tongue

Pffft ... pretty sure I'd find it about as embarrassing as the kid here who thought showing his package online was the end of the world. Tongue

Yeah, that's a whole nother level of embarrassing! Laugh out load and not something I watched. Wink
[+] 3 users Like LadyJane's post
24-08-2012, 11:07 PM
(24-08-2012 11:03 PM)LadyJane Wrote:  
(24-08-2012 08:56 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Only one? You didn't get out much did you.

Yeah I did. And when all the people did stupid things, I watched.

(24-08-2012 08:56 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Pffft ... pretty sure I'd find it about as embarrassing as the kid here who thought showing his package online was the end of the world. Tongue

Yeah, that's a whole nother level of embarrassing! Laugh out load and not something I watched. Wink

Pff. I first showed my package in the 5th grade to Annie Snyder who did not fulfill her side of the contract. Censored and look at me! I'm quite well adjusted, I must say! Confused

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
[+] 1 user Likes Erxomai's post
25-08-2012, 12:07 AM
Well my philosophy is, I might aswell do as much stupid stuff as possible while young with cheap liability insurance.

Under Repair.
[+] 2 users Like itsacow's post
25-08-2012, 02:07 AM
I must've been around 14 years old. My brother and I used to hang around a lot with my similarly aged male cousins (I was very much the tom boy in the first few years of my teens).
1. On one particular evening we decided to have two of us on opposite sides of the road (not a main road) from each other and when a car came along pretend we were pulling a rope taught across the road.
A car eventually came along and when the car was about 15 metres away we pretended to pull hard. The car screeched to a stop, the guy got out, swore at us and started chasing us. We all split up and I had to run through peoples backyards and over about half a dozen fences before I felt I would be safe. I waited for about 10 minutes behind someones hedge before returning to my aunties place. One of my cousins was missing. We went out to try and find him and about 15 minutes later he stumbled out of the front of a neighbours house clutching his head. He had jumped a fence, tripped and fell into a pile of bricks cutting his head open.
We had to make up a bullshit excuse to my auntie (I don't think she believed it) as she had to take him to hospital to get stitches.

2. In summer we used to love going out at night, get peoples water sprinklers from their front yards and put them outside their front door. Then knock on their door and when they answered it you'd turn the tap on and run!

3. As we lived on a main road we used to play the 'throw the egg or tomato at cars' trick. It was all good until my friend through an egg that splattered over the windscreen of a cop car! Yep, we were caught but no we weren't charged (I think I was about 13).

I was a little scamp! Confused

Humankind Dodgy (a total misnomer)
[+] 4 users Like aurora's post
27-08-2012, 12:01 AM
(24-08-2012 06:40 AM)DLJ Wrote:  
(23-08-2012 11:55 PM)itsacow Wrote:  ... what are some of the stupidest things you did in your youth?

Said "no" to Cathy Hayward (age 10)

Got Christened (age 9)

Got married (age 33)... ok, that's not my youth but it was the stupidest thing I ever did.

I finally got married when I was 32 exactly 1 year ago from 7pm today 8/27. I say it was the best thing I ever did.
[+] 1 user Likes Birdguy1979's post
29-08-2012, 05:56 AM
Ohm I declare Stark and Leela winners of stupidity.

Lella, may I ask why did you move in wiht someone from a forum and how did that work out in the end? Is it TTA forum?

Smile

As for the rest of my stupidity, most other stuff are highly illegal, so I think I will pass on talking about it, publicly. Or else, this post would be one of those stupid things.

Big Grin

[Image: a6505fe8.jpg]
I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.
-Hunter S. Thompson
[+] 1 user Likes Filox's post
29-08-2012, 08:04 AM
(25-08-2012 02:07 AM)aurora Wrote:  I am a little scamp! Confused

fixt.
Drinking Beverage

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
[+] 1 user Likes Erxomai's post
29-08-2012, 08:11 AM
God you oldies are so stupid Big Grin
[+] 3 users Like Magoo's post
29-08-2012, 06:18 PM
(27-08-2012 12:01 AM)Birdguy1979 Wrote:  
(24-08-2012 06:40 AM)DLJ Wrote:  Said "no" to Cathy Hayward (age 10)

Got Christened (age 9)

Got married (age 33)... ok, that's not my youth but it was the stupidest thing I ever did.

I finally got married when I was 32 exactly 1 year ago from 7pm today 8/27. I say it was the best thing I ever did.

Happy anniversary!

... but wrong thread!