Stupid things you did when you were young.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
18-09-2012, 06:00 AM
RE: Stupid things you did when you were young.
(17-09-2012 11:49 PM)shadostr13 Wrote:  Actually, if you really want to know this is the website of the group of nuns I was in. They have moved from San Angelo, TX since I was there. http://carmelnet.org/christoval/html/prayer.htm

Wow! Poor you.

"joyfully surrendering to His Love all our gifts of heart, will, mind, and hands." That is a massive coincidence!
Those are just the words I get new flatmates to learn when they move in....

... where "His" = me

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
19-09-2012, 02:37 AM
(17-09-2012 11:49 PM)shadostr13 Wrote:  Actually, if you really want to know this is the website of the group of nuns I was in. They have moved from San Angelo, TX since I was there. http://carmelnet.org/christoval/html/prayer.htm

from the website in your post under "Daily life" Shocking
Quote:....she places herself on the altar with Him, joyfully surrendering to His Love all her gifts of heart, will, mind and hands.
Dirty nuns, telling ya
*walks a way as if nothing happened* [Image: innocent.gif]

EDIT: haha only now I saw DLJ found the same thing... alike minds huh. I love this forum!

"Freedom is the freedom to say that 2+2=4" - George Orwell (in 1984)
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
19-09-2012, 04:01 AM
(17-09-2012 11:35 AM)xLegendofLink096x Wrote:  I'm still young and experiencing dumb shit, but here is my personal favorite.

When I was about 8 or so, I cut my cat's ear in half with a pair of scissors.
My dad came in from outside and saw the cat in the corner messing with her ear and me fingerpainting on the walls with the blood.

No wonder cats don't like me.
Smile

This adds more weight to the future lorena bobbitt incident.

Hughsie your cock is as good as gone.

[Image: IMGP4499.JPG]

Behold the power of the force!
[Image: fgYtjtY.gif]
[+] 2 users Like FSM_scot's post
19-09-2012, 08:17 AM (This post was last modified: 19-09-2012 08:20 AM by Luminon.)
Here's a list of stupid things I did. It is remarkably short and innocent, see below.

Age 14: I was quite a pyromaniac, just like Misantropik. Fires, powders, smoke bombs, flamethrowers (propane and petrol)... Once almost set grandma's roof ablaze.
And I produced explosives at home. All you need is to go to your local drugstore and get a 30% [MOD EDIT], a can of [MOD EDIT] and a bottle of [MOD EDIT] acid, mix it all together, let it wait a day, percolate the white mass throug a sock, wash it in a distilled water and let it dry. Then mix it with a vaseline. I didn't do the last three steps, which make it safer. For about 5 dollars you should get a big handful of white powder, that can open locks and split stones. Hey, I was young and the Internet was new. We had only 20 minutes daily, so I had to do my best to find there a fun for the day.

To begin with, it doesn't burn, it outright blows and once it charred the ends of my hair all over when I was careless. If this substance is tied into a tight bundle (we used toilet paper and floss) it explodes. We had no way to set this bundle on fire, so we just poured some gasoline over it and lighted up the puddle. The explosion was always so strong, that it snuffed down the fire. I wasn't a fun brother to hang out with, but these moments were an exception.

So one day in winter me and my older brother were making some boom bundle again, except I did not prevent my brother from mixing it with gunpowder from a petard. It was only partially tied, when the thing started smoking. We stared at it for a minute and then my brother got courage and threw it out of the window into the snow. You know how a petard in snow doesn't make much noise? It gets almost all dampened. Well, this thing not only made a noise, it shook the house all over. At least so the parents said, when they came the next moment to raise hell.

Age 15: Started smoking.

Age 16: Started stealing rare metals, from a lack of part time jobs in central Europe.

Age 17: Grew a conscience so soon after.

Age 18: Stopped smoking.

Age 24: Did not do even remotely nearly enough stupid things, so I did not gather a shred of life experience.
19-09-2012, 03:02 PM
15. Pills, tobacco, lots of unprotected sex, driving recklessly in general, alcohol poisoning while in remote mountain while driving recklessly (no guardrails, several hundred foot drops)

16. See above, minus alcohol poisoning (learned lesson)

17. See above, plus alcohol poisoning (forgot lesson)

18 & 19. See above, but remembered lesson for good, no alcohol poisoning.

21. A few very close calls with alcohol related incidents with 19 & 20 years olds and cops (unbeknownst to me).

24. Alcohol related near incident while in a combat zone with loaded weapons on an airfield. Piss drunk, couldn't walk....very bad day. In my defence, I was challenged to a drinking game by some Frenchmen, it became a national pride drinking contest, I couldn't lose!

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A! ;D

Seems like a lot of my misadventures could have been easily avoided if we legalized marijuana....

[+] 1 user Likes Dark Light's post
19-09-2012, 03:05 PM
(19-09-2012 03:02 PM)Dark Light Wrote:  15. Pills, tobacco, lots of unprotected sex, driving recklessly in general, alcohol poisoning while in remote mountain while driving recklessly (no guardrails, several hundred foot drops)

16. See above, minus alcohol poisoning (learned lesson)

17. See above, plus alcohol poisoning (forgot lesson)

18 & 19. See above, but remembered lesson for good, no alcohol poisoning.

21. A few very close calls with alcohol related incidents with 19 & 20 years olds and cops (unbeknownst to me).

24. Alcohol related near incident while in a combat zone with loaded weapons on an airfield. Piss drunk, couldn't walk....very bad day. In my defence, I was challenged to a drinking game by some Frenchmen, it became a national pride drinking contest, I couldn't lose!

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A! ;D

Seems like a lot of my misadventures could have been easily avoided if we legalized marijuana....

You would simply have had different misadventures. Drinking Beverage

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
19-09-2012, 03:07 PM
Not stupid because it involved fun, youthful, wreckless endangerment, but stupid because it was stupid...when I was around the 4th grade, I decided to vacuum out the fireplace because it looked so dirty with all that yucky ash in there. A short while later, my brother and mom are trying to figure out where that burning smell was coming from. Turned out there were some live coals in the ash and they had smoldered their way through the vacuum bag and were filling the hall closet with smoke. Blush

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
[+] 2 users Like Erxomai's post
19-09-2012, 03:16 PM
Bored one day when I was around the age of nine, the idea struck me to do something crazy. I had a pair of tweezers.

Looking at the electrical outlet and the tweezers I figured one would fit into the other.

I then pushed the tweezers into the outlet. My hand instantly recoiled feeling the voltage and molten metal fell onto the carpet catching it on fire.

I panicked and poured a drink I had on the socket and the floor putting out the fire.

Knowing I'd be in a ton of trouble I moved my toybox over that spot.

Member of the Cult of Reason

The atheist is a man who destroys the imaginary things which afflict the human race, and so leads men back to nature, to experience and to reason.
-Baron d'Holbach-
Bitcion:1DNeQMswMdvx4xLPP6qNE7RkeTwXGC7Bzp
[+] 2 users Like fstratzero's post
19-09-2012, 03:34 PM (This post was last modified: 19-09-2012 03:39 PM by Bucky Ball.)
I don't remember how old I was exactly...maybe 6, 7 or 8. In our neighborhood, we had a humorous secret society called the Dink-Hawks. The Dink-Hawk Society. In order to be a member of the Dink-Hawks, you had to do whatever they assigned as your initiation. Mine was to ride a bus, in 95 degree weather, from La Jolla, to Downtown San Diego, in my mother's long black fur winter coat, hat, and winter gloves. I did it. I got some REALLY strange looks when I got on the bus. BlushWeepingTongue

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
19-09-2012, 03:38 PM
(19-09-2012 03:34 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  I don't remember how old I was exactly...maybe 7 or 8. In our neighborhood, we had a humorous secret society called the Dink-Hawks. The Dink-Hawk Society. In order to be a member of the Dink-Hawks, you had to do whatever they assigned as your initiation. Mine was to ride a bus, in 95 degree weather, from La Jolla, to Downtown San Diego, in my mother's long black fur winter coat. I did it. I got some REALLY strange looks when I got on the bus. BlushWeepingTongue

But that wasn't the last time you wore your mother's clothing, was it?

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
[+] 1 user Likes Erxomai's post