Stupidest Argument You've Ever Heard?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
11-04-2012, 10:08 PM
RE: Stupidest Argument You've Ever Heard?
I once got into a debate with a creationist and they proceeded to say "if evolution is there, where is the evidence?" i proceeded to completely and adequatly (i think) explain exactly how evolution makes sense. she didnt even reply.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
11-04-2012, 10:36 PM
(11-04-2012 10:08 PM)Daftheed Wrote:  I once got into a debate with a creationist and they proceeded to say "if evolution is there, where is the evidence?" i proceeded to completely and adequatly (i think) explain exactly how evolution makes sense. she didnt even reply.

The largest issue with many creationists on the subject of evolution is that when given an actual example or transitional example, they then proceed to say that you are leaving out the gap between those to. I think what has happened is that from what you learn in school, you then turn around and are told in church all these ridiculous things of what people think it is.

Example I've heard in church many years ago:

Quote:I mean come on, do we REALLY think we came from monkeys? Where's the monkey human? Where's that inbetween monkey? I have a hard time believing that one day a human just popped out of a monkey and started the human race.

Other examples I've heard:

Quote:Oh that? Well, the problem with your example is that it's only from point a to point b, where's the inbetween fossils that shows how it got there?

Quote:Well, I think I'm better than that to believe that I came from some single celled organism that lived under your fingernails, so I can't believe something like that.

Many people don't actually even understand the examples you give them because they've been spoon fed so much bull that it's pouring out their eyeballs and don't want to believe it.
12-04-2012, 10:14 AM
Aside from the totally ignorant, but comedic arguments... I would have to say one of the most stupid (I HATE the word stupidest by the way, it is not technically proper grammar and only exists in modern dictionaries because it has become so common) arguments is, "Everything designed must have a designer".

This makes an assumption right from the get-go that natural things in the universe are "created". Furthermore, they use analogies involving man-made objects, e.g., "If you happen upon a car, you can discern that it most certainly had a designer".

Disgusting argument and flawed in every which way. Cars don't just occur naturally in the universe. The closet you're going to get is something like a rock that resembles a car. Even in this case, it is the human's pattern-seeking mind that likens the rock's shape to an automobile.