Stupidest anti atheist argument i have heard

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
15-07-2016, 04:11 PM
Stupidest anti atheist argument i have heard
The Dumbest argument i have heard from a theist is this

Quote:Atheist should be grateful to religious people because without theism there would be no atheism as a populous or an identity

this is stupid because

1. Atheism should never become a permanent identity historically i hope for a day when future were people aren't loging onto the thinking atheist forum but the thinking person forum

2. There should never be an atheist populous it should be the human populous

3. I hope for a day when which religion you are or which god you worship is as absurd a question as which ninja turtle do you believe exists and which pizza topping would you offer them

[Image: giphy.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like OrdoSkeptica's post
15-07-2016, 04:22 PM
RE: Stupidest anti atheist argument i have heard
Socrates was killed for it.

Thanks theists.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 3 users Like Banjo's post
15-07-2016, 04:39 PM
(15-07-2016 04:11 PM)OrdoSkeptica Wrote:  The Dumbest argument i have heard from a theist is this

Quote:Atheist should be grateful to religious people because without theism there would be no atheism as a populous or an identity

this is stupid because

1. Atheism should never become a permanent identity historically i hope for a day when future were people aren't loging onto the thinking atheist forum but the thinking person forum

3. I hope for a day when which religion you are or which god you worship is as absurd a question as which ninja turtle do you believe exists and which pizza topping would you offer them

Oh if only it were the case that there was no need to identify as atheist because there was no such thing as theism. I'd make that trade.

Do not lose your knowledge that man's proper estate is an upright posture, an intransigent mind and a step that travels unlimited roads. - Ayn Rand.

Don't sacrifice for me, live for yourself! - Me

The only alternative to Objectivism is some form of Subjectivism. - Dawson Bethrick
[+] 5 users Like true scotsman's post
15-07-2016, 04:49 PM
So we should be thankful there is an ideology that exists so we can reject it? It's not like we are going around trying to be misfit rebels, we just reject the claim.

Actually without theism I would feel empty inside and I would go my whole life long searching for that one idea, the one concept I disagree with that I can dedicate my time to refuting...oh where would I find it?

Even if I did need something to reject there's plenty to choose from besides religion.

[Image: tumblr_n54gg8gDeA1qdm4tlo2_500.gif]

Perhaps they are the ones who should feel grateful atheists exist, we make them question their faith and perhaps make it stronger. Too bad they suffer from confirmation bias so badly not much gets through, oh well we can always keep trying.

[Image: sagansig_zps6vhbql6m.jpg]
[+] 2 users Like SitaSky's post
15-07-2016, 05:45 PM
The ontological argument is stupider, but that's pretty darn stupid.

"If I ignore the alternatives, the only option is God; I ignore them; therefore God." -- The Syllogism of Fail
[+] 1 user Likes Reltzik's post
15-07-2016, 06:45 PM
That was the stupidest anti-atheism argument you've ever heard?!?

Do you understand what sort of monster you've ceated in this thread? I blame you for all the brain cells that will die in the next few posts.

Behold! The Atheist's Nightmare!

---
Flesh and blood of a dead star, slain in the apocalypse of supernova, resurrected by four billion years of continuous autocatalytic reaction and crowned with the emergent property of sentience in the dream that the universe might one day understand itself.
[+] 7 users Like Paleophyte's post
16-07-2016, 12:15 AM
It would be - you're atheist cause you want to sin. It's idiotic and pathetic but I hardly expect more from believers in my country.

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
[+] 1 user Likes Szuchow's post
16-07-2016, 01:25 AM
Yeah, and Harry Potter should've been grateful to Voldemort for making sure there was never a dull moment in his life. Right. Solid reasoning there.

Or how 'bout NOT!

The irony of it is that, if all the world's theists either deconverted or disappeared tomorrow, some of us might actually be tempted to believe in miracles.

The only sacred truth in science is that there are no sacred truths. – Carl Sagan
Sōla vēritās sancta in philosophiā nātūrālī est absentia vēritātum sanctārum.
Ἡ μόνη ἱερᾱ̀ ἀληθείᾱ ἐν φυσικῇ φιλοσοφίᾳ ἐστίν ἡ ἱερῶν ἀληθειῶν σπάνις.
[+] 2 users Like Glossophile's post
16-07-2016, 06:21 AM
(15-07-2016 04:11 PM)OrdoSkeptica Wrote:  The Dumbest argument i have heard from a theist is this

this is stupid because

Grateful for their hate peddling? Grateful for their anti science? Grateful for their naked assertions with no evidence? How about,,,,,,, no.

Poetry by Brian37(poems by an atheist) Also on Facebook as BrianJames Rational Poet and Twitter Brianrrs37
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Brian37's post
16-07-2016, 07:58 AM

this is stupid because

How ungrateful. Without atheism so many young atheists would be left disenfranchised, rather than having something they can identify with and rally around, that produces conventions, movements, bus billboards, and forums were people gather around and find community and friends.

Having that energy directed towards a common enemy, is inconsequential, to sharing in that with others, making friends over it, feeling a part of the solution, giving meaningless lives some sense of purpose, that only entails a tweet here, or a post there.

"Tell me, muse, of the storyteller who has been thrust to the edge of the world, both an infant and an ancient, and through him reveal everyman." ---Homer the aged poet.

"In Him was life, and the life was the Light of men. The Light shines in the darkness, and the darkness did not comprehend it."