Stupidest anti atheist argument i have heard

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
16-07-2016, 08:10 AM
RE: Stupidest anti atheist argument i have heard
(16-07-2016 07:58 AM)Tomasia Wrote:  
(15-07-2016 04:11 PM)OrdoSkeptica Wrote:  The Dumbest argument i have heard from a theist is this

this is stupid because

1. Atheism should never become a permanent identity historically i hope for a day when future were people aren't loging onto the thinking atheist forum but the thinking person forum

2. There should never be an atheist populous it should be the human populous

3. I hope for a day when which religion you are or which god you worship is as absurd a question as which ninja turtle do you believe exists and which pizza topping would you offer them

How ungrateful. Without atheism so many young atheists would be left disenfranchised, rather than having something they can identify with and rally around, that produces conventions, movements, bus billboards, and forums were people gather around and find community and friends.

Having that energy directed towards a common enemy, is inconsequential, to sharing in that with others, making friends over it, feeling a part of the solution, giving meaningless lives some sense of purpose, that only entails a tweet here, or a post there.

Any atheist activities are a small part of a reasoned, skeptical, secular life.

But nice try with your fucking ridiculous projections and generalizations. Drinking Beverage

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
16-07-2016, 08:26 AM
(16-07-2016 07:58 AM)Tomasia Wrote:  
(15-07-2016 04:11 PM)OrdoSkeptica Wrote:  The Dumbest argument i have heard from a theist is this

this is stupid because

1. Atheism should never become a permanent identity historically i hope for a day when future were people aren't loging onto the thinking atheist forum but the thinking person forum

2. There should never be an atheist populous it should be the human populous

3. I hope for a day when which religion you are or which god you worship is as absurd a question as which ninja turtle do you believe exists and which pizza topping would you offer them

How ungrateful. Without atheism so many young atheists would be left disenfranchised, rather than having something they can identify with and rally around, that produces conventions, movements, bus billboards, and forums were people gather around and find community and friends.

Having that energy directed towards a common enemy, is inconsequential, to sharing in that with others, making friends over it, feeling a part of the solution, giving meaningless lives some sense of purpose, that only entails a tweet here, or a post there.

Cant tell if this is an honest opinion or just really unfunny sarcasm.
Find all posts by this user
16-07-2016, 09:37 AM
Stupidest anti atheist argument i have heard
(16-07-2016 08:10 AM)Chas Wrote:  Any atheist activities are a small part of a reasoned, skeptical, secular life.

And the large part of it is making friends, who share your common aims and values, to feel a community with. Everything else is just means to this, the communal desire for shared language, and beliefs, and catch phrases, to carve out their own distinctive sense of identity.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"Tell me, muse, of the storyteller who has been thrust to the edge of the world, both an infant and an ancient, and through him reveal everyman." ---Homer the aged poet.

"In Him was life, and the life was the Light of men. The Light shines in the darkness, and the darkness did not comprehend it."
16-07-2016, 10:03 AM
(15-07-2016 06:45 PM)Paleophyte Wrote:  That was the stupidest anti-atheism argument you've ever heard?!?

Do you understand what sort of monster you've ceated in this thread? I blame you for all the brain cells that will die in the next few posts.

Behold! The Atheist's Nightmare!

I could not get through this video. I just couldn't. I laughed so hard I damn near pissed my pants.

Big Grin
[+] 1 user Likes GoingUp's post
16-07-2016, 10:36 AM
(15-07-2016 06:45 PM)Paleophyte Wrote:  That was the stupidest anti-atheism argument you've ever heard?!?

Do you understand what sort of monster you've ceated in this thread? I blame you for all the brain cells that will die in the next few posts.

Well I WASN'T going to post this, but if you lay down a gauntlet like that...

[+] 3 users Like Reltzik's post
16-07-2016, 11:03 AM
(16-07-2016 10:36 AM)Reltzik Wrote:  

[Image: QjFGDcw.jpg]

My brain will never be the same again. Sadcryface
16-07-2016, 12:05 PM
(16-07-2016 10:36 AM)Reltzik Wrote:  

A bit obvious for a Poe. I never understood why anybody needs to parody religious nutbars.

---
Flesh and blood of a dead star, slain in the apocalypse of supernova, resurrected by four billion years of continuous autocatalytic reaction and crowned with the emergent property of sentience in the dream that the universe might one day understand itself.
16-07-2016, 02:42 PM
(16-07-2016 09:37 AM)Tomasia Wrote:  
(16-07-2016 08:10 AM)Chas Wrote:  Any atheist activities are a small part of a reasoned, skeptical, secular life.

And the large part of it is making friends, who share your common aims and values, to feel a community with. Everything else is just means to this, the communal desire for shared language, and beliefs, and catch phrases, to carve out their own distinctive sense of identity.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Huh? My atheism is only a small part of who I am, I never once thought becoming an atheist would gain me friends. In fact it was the exact opposite, I lost all my friends and never really found other atheists until I went to college and even then I didn't always get along with them.

I joined this forum this year and yes I've found a great community of people here but I also know people outside this forum who are theists and agnostics, I get along with them just fine. Even here, an atheist forum we still openly discuss topics with theists like yourself.

It's pretty funny and hypocritical, considering when you ask a Christian the number one positive aspect of their religion is the community and going to church. Without that sense of brotherhood they may not like it very much. They tend to start sentences with "As a Christian..." or "I believe in Christ so..." It's an integral part of their identity.

It's totally hypocritical of you to cast a negative light on atheists wanting to find each other, find common ground and build friendships when it's a basic part of the human experience and a large factor in many people finding religion. I'm proud to be an atheist but I define myself by many different aspects, this forum even has many different topics to discuss besides religion. We're complex people just like everyone else, with complex interests and passions.

[Image: sagansig_zps6vhbql6m.jpg]
[+] 1 user Likes SitaSky's post
16-07-2016, 03:09 PM (This post was last modified: 16-07-2016 03:12 PM by OrdoSkeptica.)
Quote:And the large part of it is making friends, who share your common aims and values, to feel a community with. Everything else is just means to this, the communal desire for shared language, and beliefs, and catch phrases, to carve out their own distinctive sense of identity.

Nonsense atheism must become any of the above it must not be as social club or worst still a community. It must fight the war it's been constructed to wage then cease to be .A culture built on reaction ism is a cult. There must be a day were there are no rallies no books no meetings no blogs no forums no leaders no spokesmen no personalities no music no tv shows no radio programs no podcasts when the day is won and the enemies of reason are smashed these must end . To do so will create an ideology onto itself or worst still a religion we can speak of values and such in the context of humankind no further labels are required .

[Image: giphy.gif]
16-07-2016, 04:10 PM

Behold! The Atheist's Nightmare!

So maybe video showing how God didn't make apples. They came from the other side They are very hard and slippery and impossible to peel without man made tools and on and on. They don't fit any one's hand.
[+] 1 user Likes Born Again Pagan's post