Stupidest anti atheist argument i have heard

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
16-07-2016, 04:12 PM
RE: Stupidest anti atheist argument i have heard
(16-07-2016 04:10 PM)Born Again Pagan Wrote:  
(15-07-2016 06:45 PM)Paleophyte Wrote:  That was the stupidest anti-atheism argument you've ever heard?!?

Do you understand what sort of monster you've ceated in this thread? I blame you for all the brain cells that will die in the next few posts.

Behold! The Atheist's Nightmare!

So maybe video showing how God didn't make apples. They came from the other side They are very hard and slippery and impossible to peel without man made tools and on and on. They don't fit any one's hand.

My favorite anti atheism argument was tossed at me once again last week. The week comes from the fact that God made the world in 7 days and we still celebrate it to this very day!
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Born Again Pagan's post
17-07-2016, 06:02 AM
Anything Heywood has said.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 3 users Like Banjo's post
17-07-2016, 06:22 AM
(16-07-2016 03:09 PM)OrdoSkeptica Wrote:  Nonsense atheism must become any of the above it must not be as social club or worst still a community.

Yet, here we stand in an atheist's social club, and community. An isolated form of atheism, unable to find a social club, or community, would fade away rather quickly. I man would sell his atheism with the quickness, if he found nothing by isolation and loneliness in it.

Quote:To do so will create an ideology onto itself or worst still a religion we can speak of values and such in the context of humankind no further labels are required .

Humankind doesn't give a shit about what you have to say about values, only your community does, and those are the one's one who'll give their ears. Shared values, liberal values, secular values, the valuing of ideas like rationalism, skepticism, science, objective truths, etc.. are communal values.

"Tell me, muse, of the storyteller who has been thrust to the edge of the world, both an infant and an ancient, and through him reveal everyman." ---Homer the aged poet.

"In Him was life, and the life was the Light of men. The Light shines in the darkness, and the darkness did not comprehend it."
17-07-2016, 08:22 AM
(16-07-2016 09:37 AM)Tomasia Wrote:  And the large part of it is making friends, who share your common aims and values, to feel a community with. Everything else is just means to this, the communal desire for shared language, and beliefs, and catch phrases, to carve out their own distinctive sense of identity.

Thank you for so succinctly describing the whole endeavour of religious belief.

Thankfully—and unlike religion—atheism is merely a personal state of mind that requires no book of instructions, no millennia-old dogma, no purported "wise" men to preach to its masses, no temples of worship filled with gaudy paraphernalia, and no requirement to periodically attend in order for past indoctrination to be reinforced.

And unlike most theists who live an ethical and moralistic life based largely in the Bronze Age, atheists live for the now and for the future—unburdened by absurd mythology and childlike fairytales.

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
[+] 3 users Like SYZ's post
17-07-2016, 08:35 AM
(17-07-2016 08:22 AM)SYZ Wrote:  
(16-07-2016 09:37 AM)Tomasia Wrote:  And the large part of it is making friends, who share your common aims and values, to feel a community with. Everything else is just means to this, the communal desire for shared language, and beliefs, and catch phrases, to carve out their own distinctive sense of identity.

Thank you for so succinctly describing the whole endeavour of religious belief.

Thankfully—and unlike religion—atheism is merely a personal state of mind that requires no book of instructions, no millennia-old dogma, no purported "wise" men to preach to its masses, no temples of worship filled with gaudy paraphernalia, and no requirement to periodically attend in order for past indoctrination to be reinforced.

And unlike most theists who live an ethical and moralistic life based largely in the Bronze Age, atheists live for the now and for the future—unburdened by absurd mythology and childlike fairytales.

I think you're just peddling fantasy, the sort that no self respecting atheists should be suggesting. Whatever positions ours minds are drawn to holding, are result of the laws of physics, acting upon the neurochemical makeup of our brains. You don't live for anything differently, than every other biological creature, with it's biological desires, and functions.

So the questions that likely to uncover truth of the matter, is why would any particular biological creature be drawn to a position like "atheism", and to contemplate answers along these lines. Answers that don't do so, are likely to be fantasies, myths of their own creation.

"Tell me, muse, of the storyteller who has been thrust to the edge of the world, both an infant and an ancient, and through him reveal everyman." ---Homer the aged poet.

"In Him was life, and the life was the Light of men. The Light shines in the darkness, and the darkness did not comprehend it."
17-07-2016, 09:35 AM
(17-07-2016 08:35 AM)Tomasia Wrote:  I think you're just peddling fantasy, the sort that no self respecting atheists should be suggesting...

Bwahahahahahahahah.......... hahahahahahahahah.........

Seriously? Atheists are "peddling fantasy"? Is this April 1st in your world?

[Image: Silly+Old+Women-2.jpg]

Banana_zorro

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
[+] 2 users Like SYZ's post
17-07-2016, 10:37 AM
(17-07-2016 09:35 AM)SYZ Wrote:  
(17-07-2016 08:35 AM)Tomasia Wrote:  I think you're just peddling fantasy, the sort that no self respecting atheists should be suggesting...

Bwahahahahahahahah.......... hahahahahahahahah.........

Seriously? Atheists are "peddling fantasy"? Is this April 1st in your world?

The common sort of atheist's self-conception is pure fantasy, all non-sense. Your beliefs are the result of the law of physics acting upon the neurochemical makeup of your brain, just like everybody else's, and nothing else. Anything that reeks of something else, is just good old fashion woo.

17-07-2016, 12:48 PM (This post was last modified: 17-07-2016 12:54 PM by OrdoSkeptica.)
(17-07-2016 06:22 AM)Tomasia Wrote:  
(16-07-2016 03:09 PM)OrdoSkeptica Wrote:  Nonsense atheism must become any of the above it must not be as social club or worst still a community.

Quote:Yet, here we stand in an atheist's social club, and community. An isolated form of atheism, unable to find a social club, or community, would fade away rather quickly. I man would sell his atheism with the quickness, if he found nothing by isolation and loneliness in it.

Quote:To do so will create an ideology onto itself or worst still a religion we can speak of values and such in the context of humankind no further labels are required .

Humankind doesn't give a shit about what you have to say about values, only your community does, and those are the one's one who'll give their ears. Shared values, liberal values, secular values, the valuing of ideas like rationalism, skepticism, science, objective truths, etc.. are communal values.

Your statement is simply false none of the values you have stated are communal nor should they be communal. They should and most be the values of all not values of a single group .And once they are there is no longer a need for one group claiming those are your values because they will be the values of all. And we can speak of them without labels like atheist or movements

And were did is say anything about isolation or loneliness and are you honestly babbling that people only reject theism because there are other people who reject theism (retarded) and they would stop if the contrary were true that's again (retarded)

[Image: giphy.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes OrdoSkeptica's post
17-07-2016, 12:55 PM
(17-07-2016 12:48 PM)OrdoSkeptica Wrote:  Your statement is simply false none of the values you have stated are communal nor should they be communal. They should and most be the values of all not values of a single group .And once they are there is no longer a need for one group claiming those are your values because they will be the values of all. And we can speak of them without labels like atheist or movements

The values you might personally hold don't really mean shit to me. We can likely differ on a variety of different values, but as someone whose not a part of my community, friends, etc...I could care less. You might want everyone in the world to share the values, you and your community holds but the rest of the world that differs from your given sets of values, is likely to remain unmoved.

17-07-2016, 01:22 PM
(17-07-2016 12:55 PM)Tomasia Wrote:  
(17-07-2016 12:48 PM)OrdoSkeptica Wrote:  Your statement is simply false none of the values you have stated are communal nor should they be communal. They should and most be the values of all not values of a single group .And once they are there is no longer a need for one group claiming those are your values because they will be the values of all. And we can speak of them without labels like atheist or movements

The values you might personally hold don't really mean shit to me. We can likely differ on a variety of different values, but as someone whose not a part of my community, friends, etc...I could care less. You might want everyone in the world to share the values, you and your community holds but the rest of the world that differs from your given sets of values, is likely to remain unmoved.

Pessimism butters no bread builds no houses and plants no fields .If you wish these values to remain mere Communal values then there is nothing to be said really you have simply given up .And wish atheism to remain just a group of reaction parasitically dependent on having a opposition to fight forever or on values that might as well not exist at all if we embrace your cynicism. because all that will come of it is tribalism and worst still identity politics and worst still religion . Essential you wish us just to become another gated cult .If that's your vision of unbelief is one wonders why you simply don't join a cult because it appears it all you see in atheism future. And a bleak future indeed .

[Image: giphy.gif]