Stupidest anti atheist argument i have heard

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
17-07-2016, 01:27 PM
RE: Stupidest anti atheist argument i have heard
(17-07-2016 12:55 PM)Tomasia Wrote:  
(17-07-2016 12:48 PM)OrdoSkeptica Wrote:  Your statement is simply false none of the values you have stated are communal nor should they be communal. They should and most be the values of all not values of a single group .And once they are there is no longer a need for one group claiming those are your values because they will be the values of all. And we can speak of them without labels like atheist or movements

The values you might personally hold don't really mean shit to me. We can likely differ on a variety of different values, but as someone whose not a part of my community, friends, etc...I could care less. You might want everyone in the world to share the values, you and your community holds but the rest of the world that differs from your given sets of values, is likely to remain unmoved.

Pessimism butters no bread builds no houses and plants no fields .If you wish these values to remain mere Communal values then there is nothing to be said really you have simply given up .and wish atheism to remain just a group of reaction parasitically dependent on having a opposition to fight forever or on values that might as well not exist at all if we embrace your cynicism. because all that will come of it is tribalism and worst still identity politics and worst still religion . Essential you wish us just to become another gated cult .If that's your vision of unbelief is one wonders why you simply don't join a cult because it appears it all you see in atheism future. And a bleak future indeed .

[Image: giphy.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
17-07-2016, 01:31 PM
You start a thread on the stupidest anti-atheism arguments and Tomasia predictably obliges.

---
Flesh and blood of a dead star, slain in the apocalypse of supernova, resurrected by four billion years of continuous autocatalytic reaction and crowned with the emergent property of sentience in the dream that the universe might one day understand itself.
[+] 5 users Like Paleophyte's post
17-07-2016, 01:32 PM (This post was last modified: 17-07-2016 01:37 PM by GirlyMan.)
(17-07-2016 06:22 AM)Tomasia Wrote:  Yet, here we stand in an atheist's social club, and community. An isolated form of atheism, unable to find a social club, or community, would fade away rather quickly. I man would sell his atheism with the quickness, if he found nothing by isolation and loneliness in it.

Yeah. Well I been an atheist longer than you've been alive and we didn't have no forums or communities or even interwebz back in the day. I enjoyed the isolation and loneliness. When we die, we all die alone. I find that comforting. And why the fuck you keep feeling the need to comment on my metaphysical framework? I assure you it is far more stable than yours.

#sigh
[+] 4 users Like GirlyMan's post
17-07-2016, 07:18 PM
(17-07-2016 06:22 AM)Tomasia Wrote:  Yet, here we stand in an atheist's social club, and community. An isolated form of atheism, unable to find a social club, or community, would fade away rather quickly. I man would sell his atheism with the quickness, if he found nothing by isolation and loneliness in it.

When I first realized I was an atheist I was the only one around in Oklahoma living in a Catholic household. I lost all my friends, gained a few bullies and found myself an outcast. Even my parents threatened to disown me if I didn't read the bible and I was abused. Did I start believing to relieve myself of the pain I was putting myself through? No I didn't,my values are not for sale, maybe yours are and you are projecting your insecurities onto us?

Also this forum isn't a "club" , there are no membership dues, meetings, etc. We can all come and go as we please and theists are welcome to discuss with us as well.

Being an atheist made me an outcast a long time ago and I got used to being lonely with it and isolated with only books and videos by other atheists to realize I wasn't completely alone. There was a time when I felt like the only atheist on the planet, totally rejected but did that change my mind? Nope! Did I want to "sell" my atheism? Nope! I gladly held fast to my beliefs and non-beliefs and I'm stronger for it.

I very recently found this forum and it's cool to have atheists to communicate with but I still feel pretty alone in my real life, off the internet but I'm fine. The thought that being an atheist would gain you friends and a community you can align yourself with is totally hilarious to me, it was one of the hardest things I've ever had to do but I'd do it again and again, I'd rather be alone than surrounded by fake people who only like me because I happen to agree with them on one topic.

[Image: sagansig_zps6vhbql6m.jpg]
[+] 3 users Like SitaSky's post
17-07-2016, 07:26 PM
(17-07-2016 01:32 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  

Yeah. Well I been an atheist longer than you've been alive and we didn't have no forums or communities or even interwebz back in the day. I enjoyed the isolation and loneliness. When we die, we all die alone. I find that comforting. And why the fuck you keep feeling the need to comment on my metaphysical framework? I assure you it is far more stable than yours.

I totally agree, I've been an atheist for 20 years and even though I had a computer back then I never found a forum or chat room or anything for atheists to discuss their thoughts and feelings. I just had to be the only one around, all by myself. I'm glad to know I'm not the only one now but I guess we have to feel like weak followers because we found each other? We should question our beliefs because without it we wouldn't belong to this little community we have here? We would be fine and it's really silly for Tomato to sit there and act like we are so weak because we need other people to validate us...umm yeah pretty sure it would be much easier if we were religious, if that's all we wanted. We don't need validation, I think Tomato just feels left out.

[Image: sagansig_zps6vhbql6m.jpg]
[+] 3 users Like SitaSky's post
18-07-2016, 01:03 AM
yeah, that is a pretty weak argument. Without Theism atheism would be all there is. It is just that the word itself would not exist, but people still wouldn't believe in deities which means the atheist would still be there.

I think I am seen worst before. I am sure I have.

My Youtube channel if anyone is interested.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEkRdbq...rLEz-0jEHQ
[+] 1 user Likes Shadow Fox's post
18-07-2016, 02:03 AM
(17-07-2016 10:37 AM)Tomasia Wrote:  
(17-07-2016 09:35 AM)SYZ Wrote:  Bwahahahahahahahah.......... hahahahahahahahah......... Seriously? Atheists are "peddling fantasy"? Is this April 1st in your world?

The common sort of atheist's self-conception is pure fantasy, all non-sense. Your beliefs are the result of the law of physics acting upon the neurochemical makeup of your brain, just like everybody else's, and nothing else. Anything that reeks of something else, is just good old fashion woo.

Atheist's "self-conception"? Cogito ergo sum?

You still seem unable to grasp the simple concept that atheists do NOT have any beliefs at all with regard to supernatural "gods". Atheists have exactly the same sort of viewpoint that you do about the Tooth Fairy, or unicorns or leprechauns. None of them (obviously) exists in the real world. That's it; end of story.

And I have to laugh when you mention "good old fashioned woo"—which to any rational thinker is precisely what your fantastical holy book is filled with—all of it with not the tiniest shred of supportive empirical evidence. A flat earth? Talking donkeys and snakes? A stationary planet and a rotating sun? Transubstantiation FFS!

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
[+] 3 users Like SYZ's post
20-07-2016, 07:08 AM
(17-07-2016 12:55 PM)Tomasia Wrote:  The values you might personally hold don't really mean shit to me.
Other than respecting them and not actively impinging upon them, that's fine by me.

Quote:We can likely differ on a variety of different values, but as someone whose not a part of my community, friends, etc...I could care less.
I'm assuming you actually mean you "could not care less"?

Quote:You might want everyone in the world to share the values, you and your community holds but the rest of the world that differs from your given sets of values, is likely to remain unmoved.

And once again, you misunderstand and misrepresent atheism and atheists. Tiringly.

We have no specific societal "values" that differ in any meaningful way from theists' values.

Atheists also have no "community" as such, whereas the majority of religionists do. There are four Christian churches in my small town, but not one single building that houses, or has ever housed a gathering of atheists. Why? because unlike the religionists, we don't need to gather together periodically for some sort of communal reinforcement of our beliefs and dogma.

We have no need to listen to some delusional, celibate old man patronising us by pretending to know a lot more about life and its turmoils than we do.

We don't even have any sort of millennia-old "holy" book filled with the ill-educated ramblings and fantasies of a disparate bunch of camel-jockeys.

In nearly every one of your posts, you demonstrate that you have no real idea as to precisely what the word "atheism" means. You seem to think you can conflate it with a religion of some sort. Atheism as such is nothing more than a personal state of mind. It holds no more tangible reality than saying one is a cynic, a realist, a romantic, a dreamer, an idealist, or an optimist. Along with atheist, they're each of them a state of mind. Nothing more; nothing less.

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
[+] 3 users Like SYZ's post
24-07-2016, 07:25 AM
(16-07-2016 10:36 AM)Reltzik Wrote:  
(15-07-2016 06:45 PM)Paleophyte Wrote:  That was the stupidest anti-atheism argument you've ever heard?!?

Do you understand what sort of monster you've ceated in this thread? I blame you for all the brain cells that will die in the next few posts.

Well I WASN'T going to post this, but if you lay down a gauntlet like that...

This is a stand-up comedian doing a spoof, right? He has that look of imbecilic credulity down really well.