Stupidest dream

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
06-01-2013, 06:35 AM
RE: Stupidest dream
(06-01-2013 06:18 AM)Vera Wrote:  In the biblical sense of the word, I'm guessing Drinking Beverage
As hot as Jessie J is I wouldnt classify her as biblical... id pray for some guidance off of Helen Flanagan though Drooling

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQxKtQy2qySyKR59HMV31M...uhQW2QTRiA]

Tappity tap Thumbsup

You're never going to say the things you want to say.
The things you want to change will usually stay that way
The promises you break outweigh the ones you keep.
Paint upon the wall for the hundredth time.

Jesus Jones
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes bemore's post
06-01-2013, 06:43 AM
(06-01-2013 06:18 AM)Vera Wrote:  
(06-01-2013 06:13 AM)bemore Wrote:  I will stick to the version of Jessie J that I know of
In the biblical sense of the word, I'm guessing Drinking Beverage

In his dreams. Dodgy

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
06-01-2013, 06:54 AM
(06-01-2013 06:43 AM)Chas Wrote:  In his dreams. Dodgy
Well, duh!

To paraphrase a wise (or something) man: "It's like you haven't read the fucking thread title." Angel

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderò."
06-01-2013, 07:00 AM
I had a dream that I was in a room all by myself. I was hungry and as I looked around I saw a huge marshmallow. When I woke the next morning, my pillow was gone.

And I had kottenmouth. Undecided

"All that is necessary for the triumph of Calvinism is that good Atheists do nothing." ~Eric Oh My
06-01-2013, 08:24 AM
I sometimes jot down what my dream was if it was cool enough to write about. I sometimes find that I'll write it down having vividly just had a badass dream. Later when I come back and read it, I can usually remember none of it, none of the images nor experience and am usually left with thinking "WHAT THE FUCK?", since it rarely will make any sense.

The strangest dreams I have are during the off season where I cannot ride my motorcycle. My wife has caught me making gestures in my sleep and even twisting my throttle hand. It's rare and usually only after I end up playing some racing games and then want to ride extremely badly. Then there are the terrifying dreams where I crash my bike and they're generally quite vivid. Only started having those after a friend crashed in front of me.
06-01-2013, 08:42 AM
I just get stuck in my dreams. It's kind of annoying. I'll spend a few years in a dream that only lasts for 10 seconds; living out part of someone's life. So it's a bit weird. At times I feel a lot older than I really am.

When you are courting a nice girl an hour seems like a second. When you sit on a red-hot cinder a second seems like an hour. That's relativity.

You cannot successfully determine beforehand which side of the bread to butter.
06-01-2013, 09:26 AM
Oh Jessie.... Oh Helen.... until we met again when I shut my eyes Big Grin

You're never going to say the things you want to say.
The things you want to change will usually stay that way
The promises you break outweigh the ones you keep.
Paint upon the wall for the hundredth time.

Jesus Jones
07-01-2013, 12:01 AM
My dreams usually play out like movies, action or suspense movies to be more exact. I remember one that was really fun/intense - an old man lead me to this underground library that had been covered up and kept secret. It took a while to get through all the guards and passage ways. It was the coolest library I had ever seen. Tons of books and ladders every where.

I've only ever had one falling dream and I didn't wake up, I hit the ground.
I've only had one flying dream. When I started flying I realized I was dreaming and I remember thinking, yes finally. So I went straight up and hit the ceiling and said, "Shoot, I'm in a gymnasium!" and the woke up. Once I realize I am in a dream it's hard for me to stay dreaming much longer.

Another semi-funny dream I had was my garage had been invaded by ninjas. My plan was to just ignore them and hope they went away on their own. The ninjas began selling the things that were in the garage. After a couple of days of this I lost my patience and decided I was going to fight them. What is the best way to fight ninjas? Karate of course. I go to attack and in the process wake myself up because in my sleep I yelled "hiya!" and kicked a leg out of my blankets.

I've also had a dream where I could smell things. Has anyone had this before? I think this was the only time it's happened to me. In my dream I was walking up to my parent's house and my favorite car of all time, that my dad owned for a while, was parked there. I smelled the leather before I even saw the car. It's not a normal leather smell but rather very distinct. I sat in the car and everything was exactly how I remembered it.

If someone wakes me up soon after I have gone to sleep I say really funny things apparently, but I never remember it.
07-01-2013, 12:40 AM
I'm 45 years old. My whole life I almost never remember dreams. A few a year, less than one a month. I recently did a sleep study and found out I have central sleep apnea. This is the kind where my own brain stops me from breathing - my airway is not closing on its own, it's more like my brain sleeps so soundly that it forgets to tell me to breath, my oxygen saturation gets low and that triggers a different part of my brain to wake up and breathe. Over and over. The study showed me doing this on average 66 times per hour, more often than once per minute. I never woke up enough to actually be awake and know I was awake, so to me, this seemed like sleeping. I have probably done this my entire life and never knew what real sleeping really is.

So I got a machine. It forces me to breathe and now I sleep much better than I have my whole life.

Why am I telling you this?

In the last two months I have remembered more dreams than I might have remembered in the previous 45 years. It's entirely possible that I wasn't sleeping deeply enough for long enough to really dream much. Now I dream a lot and remember some of them. I guess it's like what normal people do when they have normal sleep.

So, anyone reading this who never dreams, or rarely dreams, maybe you have the same problem. Worth looking into it...

"Whores perform the same function as priests, but far more thoroughly." - Robert A. Heinlein
07-01-2013, 02:12 AM
(07-01-2013 12:40 AM)Aseptic Skeptic Wrote:  I'm 45 years old. My whole life I almost never remember dreams. A few a year, less than one a month. I recently did a sleep study and found out I have central sleep apnea. This is the kind where my own brain stops me from breathing - my airway is not closing on its own, it's more like my brain sleeps so soundly that it forgets to tell me to breath, my oxygen saturation gets low and that triggers a different part of my brain to wake up and breathe. Over and over. The study showed me doing this on average 66 times per hour, more often than once per minute. I never woke up enough to actually be awake and know I was awake, so to me, this seemed like sleeping. I have probably done this my entire life and never knew what real sleeping really is.

So I got a machine. It forces me to breathe and now I sleep much better than I have my whole life.

Why am I telling you this?

In the last two months I have remembered more dreams than I might have remembered in the previous 45 years. It's entirely possible that I wasn't sleeping deeply enough for long enough to really dream much. Now I dream a lot and remember some of them. I guess it's like what normal people do when they have normal sleep.

So, anyone reading this who never dreams, or rarely dreams, maybe you have the same problem. Worth looking into it...
Okay, now we know that we are all just Erx's sockpuppets Shocking (still better than being just his puppets, I guess....)

Seriously though, this totally bears out what I always say - everybody dreams (or if not, has a medical condition that wakes them up before they can start dreaming properly), some just can't remember their dreams, because unless you wake up while you're dreaming, you most probably won't remember a thing... Thank god I'm such a light sleeper Rolleyes

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderò."