Stupidest thing a creationist has ever said to you?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
07-09-2012, 02:23 AM (This post was last modified: 07-09-2012 08:24 AM by Misanthropik.)
Stupidest thing a creationist has ever said to you?
The majority of us have, at one point or another, had a creationist say something truly idiotic - so much so that palming one's own face would not suffice as a fitting reaction. Sadly, many of us have been told the same idiotic thing(s) by numerous creationists at different points in time.

With that being said, what I'd like to see here are uniquely idiotic things that creationists have said to you. Not your classic "then why are there still monkeys?" jewels of stupidity, but truly absurd claims or questions. Things that you had to recover from for a few moments before stuttering out the word "w-...what?" in reply.

For me, one that comes straight to mind is what was said by my mother as I walked her through the grocery store. We were passing the meat section and she was having difficulty choosing which meal to buy for dinner. After a few minutes, she finally said "Ugh, I'm so tired of choices. I don't know what I want, *laughs*. I wish they'd invent an IV that they could hook up to your arm and it'd just feed you throughout the day.

...And I'm sure if we had evolved, that's exactly what we'd have. But, God wanted us to enjoy our food. *Smiles victoriously at me*"

I think she believes my silence afterward was a response to a great, undermining bit of logic...in reality, I was too dumbfounded by the nonsensical nature of the statement to muster a valid reply. I believe my next words were "...I think you're out of milk, too, we should get some."

Through profound pain comes profound knowledge.
Ridi, Pagliaccio, sul tuo amore infranto! Ridi del duol, che t'avvelena il cor!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Misanthropik's post
07-09-2012, 02:43 AM
RE: Spidest thing a creationist has ever said to you?
Do comment exchanges through YouTube or other mediums count? IF they do I'll got a whole discussion between myself and one person who true does deserve the term "Creatard", despite how much I hate the term.

A single action is worth more than the words it takes to describe it.
Find all posts by this user
07-09-2012, 03:06 AM
Et tu, Brute?

I think you need to add a "tu" to your title.

Can I please use the "I think you're out of milk, too, we should get some?" line for the next thread started by Bish?

[+] 1 user Likes DLJ's post
07-09-2012, 03:11 AM
That the garden of eden still exists to this day and is guarded by the flaming sword etc. When asked where it is on this earth they claim that we haven't found it yet.

Also that all of our dating processes are wrong and dinosaurs and humans walked side by side.

Give to every human being every right that you claim for yourself. - Robert Ingersoll
[Image: jVZNc.jpg]
07-09-2012, 03:17 AM (This post was last modified: 07-09-2012 03:21 AM by Logisch.)
My sister is a real facepalm full of fun comments when we talk about the universe. She thinks the universe is 6000 years old, no more, no less, it's definitive just because she thinks the bible is that old. I tried to give her the SIMPLEST brain fuck that contradicts that based off of simple math. The speed of light.

This is what I told her:

Me: "Would you say it's indisputable that we can see stars millions of light years away with our telescopes?"
Her: "Well of course, I'm not going to dispute that."
Me: "Do you understand how fast light travels?"
Her: "Well yeah, I'm not that dumb, it's the speed of light."
Me: "Ok, so if the universe is 6000 years old, then we would just now be receiving light from stars 6000 light years away. Since it takes 1 year for light to travel a.... light.. year."
Her: "Ok?"
Me: "So we would not be seeing light from stars millions of light years away, because the rest of the galaxy would appear dark, empty, there would be only things within a 6000 light year radius that we'd be receiving light from. That means that the light we see from those starts literally took millions of years for us to see it, and even then, it's stuff that happened that long ago, you are in essence seeing the past. That star could even be dead now, we wouldn't know until the light from it traveled here."
Her: "Well I see what you're saying, but that's a silly explanation. God put the light there, he just created everything in motion and working. Physics and all that complex stuff is there just for amusement, we can't even understand it all. You'll never know because he just wants you to think, that's all."

My look when she said that:

[Image: tumblr_lnvvueuSsj1qcj56b.png?1318394475]

(edited for typos)
[+] 7 users Like Logisch's post
07-09-2012, 03:53 AM
(07-09-2012 02:43 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  Do comment exchanges through YouTube or other mediums count? IF they do I'll got a whole discussion between myself and one person who true does deserve the term "Creatard", despite how much I hate the term.

Of course. I actually do a good bit of my debating over Youtube's comment section.

07-09-2012, 04:02 AM
(07-09-2012 03:06 AM)DLJ Wrote:  Et tu, Brute?

I think you need to add a "tu" to your title.

Can I please use the "I think you're out of milk, too, we should get some?" line for the next thread started by Bish?

You can use it, but you'll owe me $5,000 in royalties. Plus a hug that is firm, with a duration of NO LESS than 30 seconds and liberal back-rubbing.

07-09-2012, 04:20 AM
(07-09-2012 03:53 AM)Misanthropik Wrote:  
(07-09-2012 02:43 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  Do comment exchanges through YouTube or other mediums count? IF they do I'll got a whole discussion between myself and one person who true does deserve the term "Creatard", despite how much I hate the term.

Of course. I actually do a good bit of my debating over Youtube's comment section.

Oh good! I have developed the habit over challenging theists in the comments... However I actually am embarrassed by my arguments... I really think they are poorly made when I look back on them.. granted most of them were done in the darkest hours of the night...

GIve me a while and I'll try to compile this one discussion, in sequence, I fear if I shot you the "see all comments" page everybody'd get lost...

[+] 1 user Likes Free Thought's post
07-09-2012, 04:39 AM
(07-09-2012 02:23 AM)Misanthropik Wrote:  The majority of us have, at one point or another, had a creationist say something truly idiotic - so much so that palming one's own face would not suffice as a fitting reaction. Sadly, many of us have been told the same idiotic thing(s) by numerous creationists at different points in time.

With that being said, what I'd like to see here are uniquely idiotic things that creationists have said to you. Not your classic "then why are there still monkeys?" jewels of stupidity, but truly absurd claims or questions. Things that you had to recover from for a few moments before stuttering out the word "w-...what?" in reply.

For me, one that comes straight to mind is what was said by my mother as I walked her through the grocery store. We were passing the meat section and she was having difficulty choosing which meal to buy for dinner. After a few minutes, she finally said "Ugh, I'm so tired of choices. I don't know what I want, *laughs*. I wish they'd invent an IV that they could hook up to your arm and it'd just feed you throughout the day.

...And I'm sure if we had evolved, that's exactly what we'd have. But, God wanted us to enjoy our food. *Smiles victoriously at me*"

I think she believes my silence afterward was a response to a great, undermining bit of logic...in reality, I was too dumbfounded by the nonsensical nature of the statement to muster a valid reply. I believe my next words were "...I think you're out of milk, too, we should get some."

Either you were getting trolled hard and won, or that person just won the greatest fallacy of all time award.

Member of the Cult of Reason

The atheist is a man who destroys the imaginary things which afflict the human race, and so leads men back to nature, to experience and to reason.
-Baron d'Holbach-
Bitcion:1DNeQMswMdvx4xLPP6qNE7RkeTwXGC7Bzp
07-09-2012, 05:00 AM
(07-09-2012 04:39 AM)fstratzero Wrote:  
(07-09-2012 02:23 AM)Misanthropik Wrote:  The majority of us have, at one point or another, had a creationist say something truly idiotic - so much so that palming one's own face would not suffice as a fitting reaction. Sadly, many of us have been told the same idiotic thing(s) by numerous creationists at different points in time.

Either you were getting trolled hard and won, or that person just won the greatest fallacy of all time award.

Yep. I'll leave you to decides what I am agreeing with.

[+] 1 user Likes Free Thought's post