Stupidest thing a creationist has ever said to you?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
07-09-2012, 05:08 AM
RE: Spidest thing a creationist has ever said to you?
(07-09-2012 04:39 AM)fstratzero Wrote:  
(07-09-2012 02:23 AM)Misanthropik Wrote:  The majority of us have, at one point or another, had a creationist say something truly idiotic - so much so that palming one's own face would not suffice as a fitting reaction. Sadly, many of us have been told the same idiotic thing(s) by numerous creationists at different points in time.

With that being said, what I'd like to see here are uniquely idiotic things that creationists have said to you. Not your classic "then why are there still monkeys?" jewels of stupidity, but truly absurd claims or questions. Things that you had to recover from for a few moments before stuttering out the word "w-...what?" in reply.

For me, one that comes straight to mind is what was said by my mother as I walked her through the grocery store. We were passing the meat section and she was having difficulty choosing which meal to buy for dinner. After a few minutes, she finally said "Ugh, I'm so tired of choices. I don't know what I want, *laughs*. I wish they'd invent an IV that they could hook up to your arm and it'd just feed you throughout the day.

...And I'm sure if we had evolved, that's exactly what we'd have. But, God wanted us to enjoy our food. *Smiles victoriously at me*"

I think she believes my silence afterward was a response to a great, undermining bit of logic...in reality, I was too dumbfounded by the nonsensical nature of the statement to muster a valid reply. I believe my next words were "...I think you're out of milk, too, we should get some."

Either you were getting trolled hard and won, or that person just won the greatest fallacy of all time award.

lol, trust me; my mom really is that dumb. It's even worse when she thinks she *totally* just burned me.

Through profound pain comes profound knowledge.
Ridi, Pagliaccio, sul tuo amore infranto! Ridi del duol, che t'avvelena il cor!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Misanthropik's post
07-09-2012, 06:47 AM
I once had a supervisor where I worked, who was an intelligent person. Despite his intelligence he seemed pretty determined to convince himself that the Christian faith was correct. He asked me if I could disprove his faith and I said "Yes, with one word...Dinosaurs". He was confused so I went on to explain that Dinosaurs did not roam the earth the same time as man. If God created the universe in a mere seven days then we would have seen evidence of man and dinosaur together (not to mention all the stuff that cam before the rise of dinosaurs). Anyway, he explained this problem away by saying that early man was just stupid. Basically he said that large number like millions of years was too hard for our ancestors, a couple of thousand years ago, was too much for them to handle so they settled on seven days instead. Not "Many moons ago" or "A long, long time ago" or something like that. Seven days just seemed right to them, and it shouldn't be taken literally. For the matter, he argued, non of the bible was absolute, all open to interpretation. When I said a book that can mean anything means nothing he said "And that is your interpretation." I don't know how you respond to that without getting into trouble, so I didn't.

Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Dark Light's post
07-09-2012, 07:18 AM
(07-09-2012 02:23 AM)Misanthropik Wrote:  Spidest thing a creationist has ever said to you?

Excuse me, but what is that word 'spidest' supposed to mean?
It's not in my dictionary.

Did you maybe intend to say 'the most spiteful'?
07-09-2012, 08:07 AM
(07-09-2012 07:18 AM)Janus Wrote:  
(07-09-2012 02:23 AM)Misanthropik Wrote:  Spidest thing a creationist has ever said to you?

Stupidest, I think.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
07-09-2012, 08:19 AM

See post #3

[+] 1 user Likes DLJ's post
07-09-2012, 08:20 AM

Lmao. I'll play it off as irony. lol

Ahem...*Straightens his tie*...it was irony.

Through profound pain comes profound knowledge.
Ridi, Pagliaccio, sul tuo amore infranto! Ridi del duol, che t'avvelena il cor!
07-09-2012, 09:03 AM
RE: Stupidest thing a creationist has ever said to you?
The only thing that comes to mind is the usual "you are not really an atheist, you just hate god."
07-09-2012, 09:13 AM
God created the world in 7 days, and the earth was 7000 years old.

History, I believe, furnishes no example of a priest-ridden people maintaining a
free civil government. This marks the lowest grade of ignorance, of which their
political as well as religious leaders will always avail themselves for their
own purpose. ~ Thomas Jefferson
07-09-2012, 11:28 AM
GOD DID IT!
[+] 3 users Like Magoo's post
07-09-2012, 01:37 PM
"I didn't come from no monkey, I don't know about YOU, But I didn't come from monkeys."

Then again.. maybe she is a reptilian and not a creationist.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
[+] 2 users Like ClydeLee's post