Stupidity tests

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
10-03-2014, 01:36 PM
Stupidity tests
Sometimes I worry about whether I'm stupid or not. I have quite a few discussions with the people around me and in my family. What I say sometimes (a lot actually) gets mocked because it challenges status quos and conventional wisdom.

So are there any test besides IQ type tests that can assess stupidity? I'm talking about self checks that one can perform that will result in a fair assessment if done honestly.

8000 years before Jesus, the Egyptian god Horus said, "I am the way, the truth, the life."
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
10-03-2014, 01:51 PM
RE: Stupidity tests
Yep, just write on here some of the things you say and we'll be your barometer. Here's a quote from Apple: "Because the people who are crazy enough to think they can change the world, are the ones who do."

You could be a genius and the people around you are too stupid to recognize it.

Check out my atheism blog. It's just a blog, no ads, no revenue, no gods.
----
Atheism promotes critical thinking; theism promotes hypocritical thinking. -- Me
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
10-03-2014, 02:04 PM
(10-03-2014 01:51 PM)WillHopp Wrote:  You could be a genius and the people around you are too stupid to recognize it.

Or ya could be a fool and the people around are too polite to say Tongue

The fact that you can spell and express logical concepts kinda puts you waaaay ahead of the pack from the outset. I rate you're pretty sharp OP Wink

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
10-03-2014, 02:39 PM
http://www.quibblo.com/quazarresults?q_r...tupid-test

Swing with me a while, we can listen to the birds call, we can keep each other warm.
Swing with me forever, we can count up every flower, we can weather every storm.
11-03-2014, 11:29 AM
(10-03-2014 02:04 PM)morondog Wrote:  Or ya could be a fool and the people around are too polite to say Tongue

Exactly! That's why I'm looking for some objective tests to see which side of the tracks I'm on.

(10-03-2014 02:04 PM)morondog Wrote:  The fact that you can spell and express logical concepts kinda puts you waaaay ahead of the pack from the outset. I rate you're pretty sharp OP Wink

Thanks mate. Sometimes it just don't seem that way to me. I guess I'm also trying to look for an "universal scale" that can be refered to during disputes. The person whose view lies closest to reality wins.

8000 years before Jesus, the Egyptian god Horus said, "I am the way, the truth, the life."
17-03-2014, 07:22 PM
I never feel as intelligent as I was in the past, as if my mind is slowly melting within a pool of acid that has consumed my brain and there is nothing that I can do about it, but those around me see otherwise. The views of others on my intelligence infuriates me to the very core, because they see me as an intellectual while I see myself as a bumbling fool, I cannot even write this post properly and with the order and structure that I could have the yesterday.

As many have said, I feel that what others have to say about you and your intellect says a lot about you intellectually, as intellectualism is something that many will not overlook, and is something that many will characterise as it usually does not conflict with how one sees himself, but this does not apply in my case.

If I were to attribute an emotional quality to a person it may differ completely from their personal self image, but if I attribute a sense of intellectual ability to said person they would be obligated to believe in this second-hand attribute, as intellectualism is rarely frowned upon within the minds of those who are above average intelligence.

Intellect is something the human race prides itself in, or, most of it, rather.
17-03-2014, 08:45 PM
I always think I might be completely stupid... Although other people have told me I have "wisdom beyond my years" and that I apparently have "a good brain" which is sort of reassuring.

I don't want to know my IQ, I get stressed out in tests which I'm sure can affect the results... If my IQ score came out below average I'd doubt I'd ever have peace of mind... If a test says you're stupid, how can you trust yourself to make any kind of judgement based on reason and logic?

[img]

via GIPHY

[/img]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
17-03-2014, 09:13 PM
(10-03-2014 01:36 PM)BlackMason Wrote:  Sometimes I worry about whether I'm stupid or not. I have quite a few discussions with the people around me and in my family. What I say sometimes (a lot actually) gets mocked because it challenges status quos and conventional wisdom.
I like out of the box thinking. Reading other people's work and quoting it, use of big words etc, to me does not denote intelligence.
I appreciate a person that comes up with original thought especially if it challenges status quo and especially if they can talk through the logic behind why they have come to their conclusion and that description shows well thought out logic and depth of understanding and consideration.

Do you want to present one of your ideas? Are you happy for it to be challenged?
18-03-2014, 02:53 PM (This post was last modified: 18-03-2014 03:00 PM by BlackMason.)
(17-03-2014 09:13 PM)Stevil Wrote:  
(10-03-2014 01:36 PM)BlackMason Wrote:  Sometimes I worry about whether I'm stupid or not. I have quite a few discussions with the people around me and in my family. What I say sometimes (a lot actually) gets mocked because it challenges status quos and conventional wisdom.
I like out of the box thinking. Reading other people's work and quoting it, use of big words etc, to me does not denote intelligence.
I appreciate a person that comes up with original thought especially if it challenges status quo and especially if they can talk through the logic behind why they have come to their conclusion and that description shows well thought out logic and depth of understanding and consideration.

Do you want to present one of your ideas? Are you happy for it to be challenged?

Yeah sure. I'll give an example of an idea I came up with. It's my view on marriage.

I believe that marriage is out dated so to speak. That is why we're seeing the divorce rates sky rocket. Why do I believe this? Allow me to explain.

Since forever women have been treated like secondary citizens. Women were oppressed and in some cases an unmarried woman was effectively a minor. That meant she couldn't inherit property from her father. So marriage had a very real practical application. Although the bible isn't real, the attitudes conveyed to certain things were real and typical of the time. Well women were also treated like shit in the bible too. Scriptures that have parents rather spare their male visitors rape humiliation by offering up their daughters instead. In deuteronomy 22:28 you see how a raped woman is forced to marry her rapist after he pays the 50 sheckles bride price. I think I've demonstrated the issue of how women were treated adequately.

Marriage was just another way men could further exercise their superiority over women. You always hear of one man with many wives. Never the other way around. Anyway, before I start repeating myself, marriage was a "solution" for women. It was a necessity for survival.

So what changed? Men have stayed the same and so has marriage. Bingo! IT'S THE WOMEN. Women are now being recognised as human beings instead of objects to be possessed. Women are starting to be equal to men. Women are the new men. Marriage was designed for a man to be with a woman. Now effectively it's between a man and a man. I'm being cheeky here but what I mean is women never really had rights and now they do. So if Joseph used to beat up Mary it wasn't good enough grounds to divorce. Jesus said the only grounds for divorce is adultery. I don't even think women could initiate divorce proceedings. Today Mary can tell Joseph to fuck off.

All in all gender roles have been confused. Men are men and women just became men. I love topping off this argument by refering to Jesus' words: Are we not pouring new wine into old skins?

18-03-2014, 03:13 PM
I think marriage is unnatural and had the illusion of working. But women had no voice back then. Look don't get me wrong, there are plenty marriages that work. I'm saying they're getting more scarce as we pour sand through the hour glass.