Stupidity

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
23-02-2011, 04:50 AM
RE: Stupidity
- My room was an absolute MESS in Japan. I decided to be stealthy and go the way of the ninja and take out the garbage at night while the caretaker was asleep, and wouldn't see me taking out so much garbage and come in to investigate and find the mess. I went outside, dumped the trash, and on my way back inside ran SMACK into the glass pane of the sliding door with a resounding "BAAANG!" Don't know if she ever came out to check, I escaped quickly. Tongue
- Tried to put peppers and tomatoes in yakisoba. Probably the most disgusting thing I've ever eaten in my entire life, and one of only two foods that actually made me vomit on tasting.
- Tried to make spaghetti with soba noodles. Not a good idea.
- Bought a rice warmer instead of rice cooker. It managed to cook the rice, but it took 2 hours and slow-cooked it like a crock pot, so it took a lot of planning to use and produced subpar rice to say the least. Tongue
- Comminications fail (the following exchange took place in Japanese): Went to try Takoyaki for the first time and the cook asked me how many I wanted. I asked for a certain number and he said they came in 4's and 8's. I picked one and he asked me if I wanted x or y on it. I said "yes, please". He gave me a look and reiterated it was a choice between two items. I caught on and chose one. He proceeded to ask if I wanted a or b. I, again, said "yes please". He was getting annoyed and pointed it out again and I apologized and picked one. Finally he asked if I wanted z. I stood there waiting for the second choice to choose between them, but there was none and he, obviously annoyed, repeated the question. I (quite humbly) told him yes and paid him and took my bounty and scurried off, never to go to the shop again. Tongue

There are more, I'm positive, but I could only think of stupid things I've done in Japan for some reason. Tongue

"It does feel like something to be wrong; it feels like being right." -Kathryn Schulz
I am 100% certain that I am wrong about something I am certain about right now. Because even if everything I stand for turns out to be completely true, I was still wrong about being wrong.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
23-02-2011, 04:55 AM
Wow. Now this one is easy. Unfortunately most involve alcohol.

- I drove my Honda Civic over a 'bump' at 80MPH and ended flying through the air for 30 feet. Turns out it was not a 'bump' but a small hill. Also turns out that a few months before somebody drove a smaller car over this 'bump' at a much slower speed and flipped end over end, killing 2 of the passengers. This one did not involve alcohol, only my own stupidity.

- I came very close to peeing on my date for the night. I had to go and was sitting on a balcony. Turns out she was below us. Oh I was so close. *Alcohol*

- I had to go very badly and ended pissing in a bees nest. Very traumatic. I still have nightmares lol.

- I once drank so much I forgot where my car was, how I got home, and what had happened that night. Turns out I drove home, locked my keys in the car, left the lights on and dropped my phone outside. I could not get inside my house and resorted to throwing rocks at the window in hopes of waking somebody up. I did not drink for 3 months after that. Yes *Alcohol*

- I had one of those nights where you get so drunk you cannot drive home and take the first option you can find. In my case it was a girl who lived an hour away from me. She drove my car. I woke up next to her wondering where I was, what I had done, and how I was getting home. That was a very long drive back. However, my attempts of never seeing her again were scrapped after I left my coat at her house. After retrieving the coat I never saw her again.

I might sound like a real ass, and I likely was, but times have changed. I now enjoy a beer or two but I no longer drive drunk or do stupid things. It was a period in life that I cared about very little.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
23-02-2011, 10:50 AM
-I believed my thoughts could change physical reality
-As for alcohol , I have a few : I fell asleep upright in bed with a beer bottle , I went to bed several times with a pot from the kitchen in case I barfed , I managed to spill lard in the sugar bowl , I went to bed in 2 t-shirts : one for my upper half , one for my lower
-I walk into lamp posts when I talk on my cell phone
-I get agitated when talking the train so I end up talking the wrong one

Atheism is a religion like OFF is a TV channel !!!

Proud of my genetic relatives Big Grin
Find all posts by this user
23-02-2011, 12:48 PM

Well let's see what I can come up with:

A freind and I shoplifted The Satanic Bible from Walden's at the mall (wait that might be a toot).

I am/was a sleepwalker, and once when staying with my older brother and his ex I ended up on their bed, standing over her, and was starting take a piss. (My brother woke me up before the deed was done).

I once rode my bike down an EXTREMELY steep hill at an old rock quarry. However my bike was broken so the pedals turned even when I was coasting so I had to V my feet out avoid them. Oh and at the bottom of the hill was another much smaller hill (I had'nt had Physics yet). I flew about 30+ feet most of it without my bike, and landed on my head thankfully tucking and rolling into a dried up mud hole. Only ended up with a bruised shoulder.

My mother was cleaning out trash cans once and she gave me a bucket of hot soapy water and said "go put this in the trash can on the patio" when she arrived to scrub the can there was the bucket of hot soapy water sitting in the trashcan as she had asked!

I played Rugby in college and at a huge tournament that we sponsored I participated in the naked stick races. These involved stripping and chugging a beer then putting your forehead to the top of a stick and spinning around 10 times then running to tag the next member of your team. Of course by then you are so dizzy and drunk they just direct you off into the crowd somewhere. It was also about 35 degrees out and raining.

I once got into my car with a friend (hatch back chevette) without brushing the snow off the hatch. Turned the car on and CRANKED the music. In the mean time my Dad came home from work and pulled in behind me. The person with him said your son's going to hit you to which he responded No WAY. and laid on the horn. I threw it in R and backed into him full force! He wasn't happy.
Quote this message in a reply
23-02-2011, 05:59 PM
Wanted to ask out a particular girl sophomore year of high school, went the whole semester without asking her out, even though her friends told me too. Damned shyness

Before I knew much about reptiles, picked up a very young Nile Monitor. Was proud of my first reptile bite, but cleaning up the projectile shit was not worth it.

When I was learning to drive, I suddenly panicked while backing out of my parents drive and forgot which way to turn the wheel. I hit an electrical doohickey in the tree lawn across the street. Luckily it was just the casing that was damaged, and nobody saw me, lol.

Stuck around with a manipulative, emotionally unstable woman who was holding me back for almost 5 years.

I'm sure there is more, I just forgot it, either selectively Big Grin or not

Something something something Dark Side
Something something something complete
23-02-2011, 09:03 PM

When I was a young teen (or maybe even tween) I wanted to talk to the girl a house over, but was too shy. I remember sitting in my room listening to her dribbling the basketball playing with her friends, I wasn't into basketball but really was just too damn shy to go and talk. I think she's a doctor now......

One of my first "jobs" was working for a charity canvassing door to door (got X% on what I collected.) We were to give people receipts (and for our records) but when they really didn't want to bother with a receipt I just pocketed the money. That is probably the most unethical thing I've ever done.

When i worked at a GM dealership, I backed a Chev truck (with REALLY long trailer hitch) into the very first brand new Buick Allure (top model) we had, which was already sold. Luckily we paid insurance so I didn't have to pay anything, and the bodyshop fixed the bumper before the customer picked it up.

I was driving around a curvy road once trying to get my cigarettes out of the glove box (It had a combination lock on it) and proceeded to drive into the curb, blowing out my 2 right tires.

With that same car I was trying to take the corner on my street really hard but the road was wet, so instead of drifting the rear end of the car (sorta.. it was a slow car) I ramped up onto the neighbors lawn (corner lot) with the front tires. The car was still running and not damaged, so I backed up and continued to go home. Not sure how bad I messed up their grass, never did tell anyone.

I used to steal $5 from my mom's purse to buy smokes (I actually feel worse about that then the stealing from charity deal). I sort of understand what drug addicts go through.

Once I went golfing with some "friends" and they whipped out a couple joints. I had smoked pot once before and had a pleasant experience, so this time I took MEGA huge drags and when it was basically done, I ate the end of the joint. A few seconds/min later I was so high it was the worst experience of my life.

I'm sure I've got many, many more things that might in fact be comical but can't think of them right now, maybe later. Big Grin
Quote this message in a reply
23-02-2011, 10:07 PM
(22-02-2011 09:26 PM)Stark Raving Wrote:  Trill > I feel it nescessary for you to explain the "no pants" story. No Pants Stories are the best! (I have a few of my own. I could probably fill this forum with my dumb-ass stories, and dedicate a whole section to No Pants Stories)

Lol, OK. Big Grin

I was in my early 20's and I went hiking in the Adirondack Mountains, on a very humid day. After my hike I was totally sweaty and soaked, so I took my shorts off and hung them over my seat back to dry. The drive back is all winding roads and LONG. I got stuck behind some local ambulance, and it was going pretty slow, and I wanted to get home. Yeah, it had lights on, but it was going SLOW. Wink Anyway, I passed it. He must have called me in because not too much later I saw 2 cops blow by me going the other way. I cringed and I just knew they were coming for me. They were. Got pulled over by a local cop and a state trooper. The local cop was a major dick. Anyway, I'm sitting there with them behind me, thinking, "please don't make me get out of the car, please don't make me get out of the car". Luckily I was wearing a long sweatshirt by the time they pulled me over. Wink They did NOT make me get out, thank dog, because I wasn't quite sure how I was going to explain that. They took my license and as soon as they headed back to their cars I snagged my soggy shorts and scootched around to get them on in the driver's seat. I'm sure they must have seen me, they always watch you. I imagine that was an interesting stop for them. "yeah, I pulled over some half naked girl today, she freaking passed an ambulance for crying out loud."

Did you know there isn't actually a law against that? They gave me a ticket for failure to yield. They were not pleased. Wink

My reason for being is to serve as a cat cushion. That is good enough for me. Wink
27-02-2011, 11:12 AM
Thinking back, I haven't done a whole lot of stupid things, but I'm sure I can come up with at least a few:

-I went skiing with some guy friends who were much more experienced than I was. So, when they went completely off the trail, I should have stuck with the intermediate run. However, because I wanted to be "one of the guys" (quite hard to do sometimes when you're a girl), I followed them into the woods. Long story short, I hit my head on a branch, hit a tree, crashed a couple times, and almost lost my ski in the snow. Luckily I only ended up with a cut lip and a bruised jaw.
-Speaking of injuries, I chipped the same tooth twice in one year: once on a shovel handle, and once on the floor of a shallow pool.
-I sometimes write or pronounce words phonetically, thanks to my dad. Fortunately, I'm getting better at it. I've been made fun of for pronouncing Orion as "O-ryan".
-I stayed in an emotionally abusive friendship for way longer than I should have because I believed that my friend was going to commit suicide.
-I got so drunk that I blacked out and either kissed or made out with (can't quite remember) a guy that my friend was in a casual relationship with. Even stupider, I didn't feel bad about it, since she had cheated on a really great guy who was also a friend of mine.
-In general, I can act pretty stupid when I've been drinking (part of why I don't drink much anymore).

However, I believe one of the stupidest things I've done as a teenager was not doing more stupid stuff. I mean, we're only teenagers once; I could have had a little more fun Tongue

"Remember, my friend, that knowledge is stronger than memory, and we should not trust the weaker." - Dr. Van Helsing, Dracula
13-09-2013, 06:54 PM
(22-02-2011 02:07 PM)Stark Raving Wrote:  -For two years I pronounced the word "hyperbole" as "hyper bowl".

I know someone here (three guesses who) who says "pseudoscience" as "p-swade-o-science", and "paradigm" as "pa-rad-ig-m". Big Grin

Best and worst of Ferdinand .....
Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
Ferdinand: Everyone from British is so, like, fucking retarded.
13-09-2013, 06:55 PM
(13-09-2013 06:54 PM)Hughsie Wrote:  I know someone here (three guesses who) who says "pseudoscience" as "p-swade-o-science", and "paradigm" as "pa-rad-ig-m". Big Grin

"Bubbles" < "Boobles"