Submitting to your Husband

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
26-10-2017, 02:26 PM
RE: Submitting to your Husband
(26-10-2017 11:49 AM)LadyJane Wrote:  Why does religion have to go and take the fun out of sub-dom relationships? Always taking away the fun stuff and making it the wrong kind of bad.

I was really going to stay out of this thread until I read your post.

Damn straight! Heart

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
26-10-2017, 02:48 PM
(26-10-2017 11:05 AM)ShadowProject Wrote:  So, my friend (I have mentioned her before) is a homeschooling evangelical.

She posted this today:

http://simplyoneinmarriage.com/everyday-...r-husband/

She has 3 daughters and I am sure is brainwashing them as she has been brainwashed.

I have a daughter and I find this sort of thing so disturbing. I want to grab her three girls and take them with me to heathen Massachusetts. Sad

I'm not surprised you feel that way. I am sure any caring friend would feel that way considering that your friend's husband seems to very awful and manipulative Sad
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes EvieTheTurtle's post
26-10-2017, 06:11 PM
If my husband expected that, I would be submitting divorce papers.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 7 users Like Dom's post
26-10-2017, 06:33 PM
(26-10-2017 11:57 AM)natachan Wrote:  Just yuck.

I'm not a fan of "compatiblism" that some of these groups proclaim. My husband and I are partners. And I hate the idea of one of us being "subordinate" to the other. I try to make him happy, but so does he for me.

Of course I'd love to see what those folks would say about our current situation. I work, he stays at home and cleans and cooks.
Lol -- my daughter's husband is stay-at-home and he's great at it. Nothing remotely effeminate about it (or him) either.

I have to confess that I liked aspects of the Bad Old Days when you know whether a woman you're dating would be pleased or offended if you did or did not open the car door for her or split or did not split the meal check. But apart from the occasional Awkward Moment around such things, greater flexibility in the roles one takes on are a Good Thing.
[+] 1 user Likes mordant's post
26-10-2017, 07:06 PM
"“Leave” your father and mother–they are no longer in authority over you. God has given that place to your husband. "

If it looks like slavery, walks like slavery and talks like slavery; It's the will of the Lord.

"Obviously, submission to an unbelieving husband is a little more difficult. - And he will have difficulty choosing to do right over choosing to follow his feelings."

This is probably true. An atheist is more likely to reject god's commands to dominate his wife. Empathy and human decency is once again at odds with the divine plan.
[+] 4 users Like M. Linoge's post
26-10-2017, 10:37 PM
(26-10-2017 11:48 AM)ShadowProject Wrote:  ...
She ... has really doubled down in her religion since having kids. Sad

I'm a little curious as her opinion on Sharia.

Looks to me like she would be in favour of it.

Consider

[+] 3 users Like DLJ's post
26-10-2017, 11:06 PM
(26-10-2017 11:48 AM)ShadowProject Wrote:  I agree, jennybee. It really bothers me. She is a friend (more of an acquaintance now) from a long time ago and has really doubled down in her religion since having kids. Sad

Geez. I'd have to scratch that person off my list of aquaintances.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 1 user Likes dancefortwo's post
26-10-2017, 11:18 PM
(26-10-2017 10:37 PM)DLJ Wrote:  
(26-10-2017 11:48 AM)ShadowProject Wrote:  ...
She ... has really doubled down in her religion since having kids. Sad

I'm a little curious as her opinion on Sharia.

Looks to me like she would be in favour of it.

Consider

Or you could blow her mind by telling her that Islam literally translates as 'submission'.

[Image: tenor.gif]

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 3 users Like EvolutionKills's post
27-10-2017, 12:41 AM (This post was last modified: 27-10-2017 09:11 AM by DLJ.)
All I'm saying is in my marriage, if my husband wants to introduce submission into the relationship for religious purposes, he'd better be planning on submitting to me.

Otherwise our relationship will be egalitarian.
[+] 3 users Like Aliza's post
27-10-2017, 05:08 AM
(27-10-2017 12:41 AM)Aliza Wrote:  All I'm saying is in my marriage, if my husband wants to introduce submission into the relationship for religious purposes, he'd better be planning on submitting to me.
Eh. Men don't like to admit it but they already are under submission to the women in their lives.

As Billy Joel put it ... "she never gives out and she never gives in, she just changes her mind ... she'll promise you more than the garden of Eden, then she'll carelessly cut you and laugh while you're bleedin' ..."

Women are the original badasses. We men have never figured them out, and are constantly out-maneuvered. We are far too simple to rule the roost without an ideology to try to invert the whole natural order of things.
[+] 1 user Likes mordant's post