Subway removes pork from menu at nearly 200 stores

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
30-04-2014, 04:46 PM
RE: Subway removes pork from menu at nearly 200 stores
(30-04-2014 04:38 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(30-04-2014 04:32 PM)cjlr Wrote:  Given that the source is the Daily Mail, has anyone check to see if this is actually... y'know... real?

It is the case that some of the Subway stores in the U.K are halal-only.

Here is their web site - the halal-only stores are marked as such.

Halal stores are legit as per the Subway website. They are also a privately held company and is not traded on any stock exchange. Each franchise is individually owned and operated so I guess they can do whatever the neighborhood demands.

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
30-04-2014, 05:25 PM
(30-04-2014 11:30 AM)Lightvader Wrote:  Boycott subway Drinking Beverage

I promise to never eat at a subway.

(honestly its not like they'll miss me or anything since I've never eaten there once)

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post
30-04-2014, 10:23 PM
I really feel like the pork riblet with double meat and bacon all on a foot long Italian herbs and cheese bread smothered in BBQ sauce now. (this is my new subway sandwich I've been getting whenever I get subway for the last 6months or so. Yes, I did have something other than meatball, yes I did prefer to the meatball, no that doesn't make me a hypocrite for saying that the meatball is the best and that I didn't need to try anything else at subway because the meatball is the best despite members of this board saying that I don't know meatball is the best because I haven't tried anything else, yes just because I say it doesn't make me a hypocrite does make it so, shut up Hughsie, no this does not mean I will be diverting from honey chicken noodle, honey chicken noodle is the best, because I know these things, shut up Hughsie.)
[+] 1 user Likes earmuffs's post
30-04-2014, 11:01 PM
(30-04-2014 10:23 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  I really feel like the pork riblet with double meat and bacon all on a foot long Italian herbs and cheese bread smothered in BBQ sauce now. (this is my new subway sandwich I've been getting whenever I get subway for the last 6months or so. Yes, I did have something other than meatball, yes I did prefer to the meatball, no that doesn't make me a hypocrite for saying that the meatball is the best and that I didn't need to try anything else at subway because the meatball is the best despite members of this board saying that I don't know meatball is the best because I haven't tried anything else, yes just because I say it doesn't make me a hypocrite does make it so, shut up Hughsie, no this does not mean I will be diverting from honey chicken noodle, honey chicken noodle is the best, because I know these things, shut up Hughsie.)

It's pretty serious when you start hearing voices.

It's much more troubling when you realise that you are having conversations with those voices.

But when the voice in your head belongs to Hughsie...

No

The medication does not yet exist for that.

Hug

[+] 5 users Like DLJ's post
01-05-2014, 04:20 AM
(30-04-2014 10:23 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  I really feel like the pork riblet with double meat and bacon all on a foot long Italian herbs and cheese bread smothered in BBQ sauce now. (this is my new subway sandwich I've been getting whenever I get subway for the last 6months or so. Yes, I did have something other than meatball, yes I did prefer to the meatball, no that doesn't make me a hypocrite for saying that the meatball is the best and that I didn't need to try anything else at subway because the meatball is the best despite members of this board saying that I don't know meatball is the best because I haven't tried anything else, yes just because I say it doesn't make me a hypocrite does make it so, shut up Hughsie, no this does not mean I will be diverting from honey chicken noodle, honey chicken noodle is the best, because I know these things, shut up Hughsie.)

Hahahahahaha, I think that's your way of saying I was right all along. Big Grin

Best and worst of Ferdinand .....
Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
Ferdinand: Everyone from British is so, like, fucking retarded.
01-05-2014, 05:20 AM
To be fair its not the first time muslims have fucked up our subways

The secret to a happy life is lowering your expectations to the point where they are already met
[+] 6 users Like PeterKA's post
01-05-2014, 06:17 AM
For what it's worth, Halal meat tends to be pretty damn good from my experience.

[Image: giphy.gif]
01-05-2014, 06:23 AM
Ok!That's it! I'm gonna boycott Subway........eh.......though maybe after I've tried the pork rib-let with double meat and bacon all on a foot long Italian herbs and cheese bread smothered in BBQ sauce as mentioned by Earmuffs.

“The first duty of a man is to think for himself” ― José Martí
[+] 1 user Likes Marozz's post
01-05-2014, 06:35 AM
(01-05-2014 06:17 AM)Tartarus Sauce Wrote:  For what it's worth, Halal meat tends to be pretty damn good from my experience.

I thought that Halal was in the way they torture the animal to death by slowly letting them bleed out ? Am I wrong here ?

Not eating pork was a given, but how is that Halal ?

If bullshit were music some people would be a brass band.
01-05-2014, 06:55 AM
I was roommate with a Muslim and his Christian wife for about two years. Over that period I came to dislike his religion then I realized I disliked him because I could not separate him from the religion, and neither could he.

That said, he came into the kitchen one afternoon while I was taking out some bacon for a BLT. He took one look at it and just threw up, right there, no control--all over the place. He said that's Allah. I said that's your fucked up psyche.

"If you want a happy ending, that depends, of course, on where you stop your story." Orson Welles
[+] 6 users Like Dee's post