Sudan woman faces death for apostasy

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
15-05-2014, 04:19 AM
Sudan woman faces death for apostasy
Quote:A Sudanese court has sentenced a woman to hang for apostasy after she converted from Islam to Christianity.

"We gave you three days to recant but you insist on not returning to Islam. I sentence you to be hanged to death," the judge told the woman, AFP reports.

Western embassies and rights groups had urged Sudan to respect the right of the pregnant woman to choose her religion.

Local media report the sentence would not be carried out for two years after she has given birth.

Sudan has a majority Muslim population, governed by Islamic law.

The judge also sentenced her to 100 lashes after convicting her of adultery - because her marriage to a Christian man was not valid.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-africa-27424064

The religion of peace strikes again!

[Image: RPYH95t.png]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like The Germans are coming's post
15-05-2014, 04:32 AM
RE: Sudan woman faces death for apostasy
(15-05-2014 04:19 AM)The Germans are coming Wrote:  
Quote:A Sudanese court has sentenced a woman to hang for apostasy after she converted from Islam to Christianity.

"We gave you three days to recant but you insist on not returning to Islam. I sentence you to be hanged to death," the judge told the woman, AFP reports.

Western embassies and rights groups had urged Sudan to respect the right of the pregnant woman to choose her religion.

Local media report the sentence would not be carried out for two years after she has given birth.

Sudan has a majority Muslim population, governed by Islamic law.

The judge also sentenced her to 100 lashes after convicting her of adultery - because her marriage to a Christian man was not valid.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-africa-27424064

The religion of peace strikes again!
Yes, Islam is fucked up, but in Sudan, every religion would turn out this way.

The reason is because it's "Sudan".
15-05-2014, 06:31 AM
If some gobshite in the US announces that he is going to have a Koran burning day, the whole Muslim world, including so called moderate Muslims, are up in arms.

I didn't read anything about the leaders of the moderate Muslim world, coming together to publicly condemn the actions of the Sudanese government in this case. I suppose, deep down, they agree with what's happening to the poor woman.

“The first duty of a man is to think for himself” ― José Martí
[+] 4 users Like Marozz's post
15-05-2014, 06:41 AM
(15-05-2014 06:31 AM)Marozz Wrote:  If some gobshite in the US announces that he is going to have a Koran burning day, the whole Muslim world, including so called moderate Muslims, are up in arms.

I didn't read anything about the leaders of the moderate Muslim world, coming together to publicly condemn the actions of the Sudanese government in this case. I suppose, deep down, they agree with what's happening to the poor woman.

This is the mask that "moderates" hide behind. It's not unique to Muslims, either. They all pretend to be more rational than their extremist counterparts and think that makes them good people. But when things like this happen, the mask slips a little. The illusion of civility starts to disappear when they don't condemn the actions of their brethren.

Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up.

"Let me give you some advice, bastard: never forget what you are. The rest of the world will not. Wear it like armor, and it can never be used to hurt you." - Tyrion Lannister
[+] 2 users Like itsnotmeitsyou's post
15-05-2014, 07:05 AM
The article I read here says that her father was Muslim, her mother Orthodox. She was raised by her mother after a divorce, but according to Muslim/Sharia law she's considered a Muslim because her father was. She married a Christian man, which Sharia doesn't recognize and thus committed adultery to boot.

Deck definitely stacked against her, in favor of fanatic religious bigots. Yea, Islam! Weeping

We have enough youth. How about looking for the Fountain of Smart?
15-05-2014, 09:31 AM
(15-05-2014 04:19 AM)The Germans are coming Wrote:  
Quote:The judge also sentenced her to 100 lashes after convicting her of adultery - because her marriage to a Christian man was not valid.
Adultery? If their point is she wasn't really married, how can this be adultery? Religion of peace dumbasses. Dodgy

@DonaldTrump, Patriotism is not honoring your flag no matter what your country/leader does. It's doing whatever it takes to make your country the best it can be as long as its not violent.
15-05-2014, 09:34 AM
(15-05-2014 06:31 AM)Marozz Wrote:  If some gobshite in the US announces that he is going to have a Koran burning day, the whole Muslim world, including so called moderate Muslims, are up in arms.

Honestly, I think they're afraid. They may not agree and may want to speak out, but they also value having their heads attached to their necks.

@DonaldTrump, Patriotism is not honoring your flag no matter what your country/leader does. It's doing whatever it takes to make your country the best it can be as long as its not violent.
[+] 1 user Likes Impulse's post
15-05-2014, 09:43 AM
(15-05-2014 09:34 AM)Impulse Wrote:  

Honestly, I think they're afraid. They may not agree and may want to speak out, but they also value having their heads attached to their necks.

Yes, this. I get the feeling they don't discuss these things openly. Any word against what the majority believe, is just asking for troubles -- even if the majority aren't sure if this right because they won't speak out about it.

In other words, you'll never know what they actually think because their fear runs too deep.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 2 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post