Sugar Bowl and Orange Bowl = rofltarded

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
07-12-2011, 10:15 AM
Sugar Bowl and Orange Bowl = rofltarded
lolwut?

Really, BCS? REALLY? These two bowls are a travesty.

Ok, look. You've got a good thing going here, but your asinine and silly rules screw everything up. It's simple. I mean, really, REALLY simple.

You have 5 bowl games. That will support the top 10 teams.

#1 vs #2 = NCG

#3 vs #4, #5 vs #6, #7 vs #8, and #9 vs #10 should be put on a rotation of the other 4 bowls. Get rid of regions. Get rid of automatic and at large bids. Let the numbers stand on their own. No one can complain.

[Image: vjp09.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
07-12-2011, 12:16 PM
RE: Sugar Bowl and Orange Bowl = rofltarded
Agreed. What is the point of a ranking system if you don't get to play an opponent closest to your skill level?

Evolve
07-12-2011, 01:06 PM
I think it should be #1 vs #2

#3 vs #10 in Rose
#4 vs #9 in Sugar
#5 vs #8 in Fiesta
#6 vs #7 in Orange

That way teams in the lower half of the top 10 have the ability to shake up the final season rankings.

“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect.”

-Mark Twain
[+] 1 user Likes germanyt's post
07-12-2011, 01:12 PM
I like that Germanyt. That adds in some upset potential into it as well.

Evolve
07-12-2011, 01:16 PM
(07-12-2011 01:12 PM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  I like that Germanyt. That adds in some upset potential into it as well.

They could even rotate each year so that the same bowl doesn't have the same rankings in it all the time.

“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect.”

-Mark Twain
07-12-2011, 01:57 PM
Yeah as a Big Ten guy, I have no idea how it's fair for the top 2 teams to play each other in the Big Ten championship... then a team that wasn't even involved in the championship (Michigan) gets to leapfrog past them into the Sugar Bowl. Michigan St beat Michigan earlier in the season and still had a better Big Ten record even after the championship loss.

"Ain't got no last words to say, yellow streak right up my spine. The gun in my mouth was real and the taste blew my mind."

"We see you cry. We turn your head. Then we slap your face. We see you try. We see you fail. Some things never change."
15-12-2011, 12:20 PM
Has anyone seen ticket prices for the bowl games. NC tickets are fetching 1500-3000 a piece. Funniest part is that Cotton Bowl tickets are 5 times what Orange bowl tickets are and are selling faster.

-Mark Twain