Suggest some games to try.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
05-05-2014, 02:42 PM
Suggest some games to try.
I'm quickly getting bored with my games... I've played some of them to death, and others never really inspired me.

These are the games I have... All Xbox 360.

- Oblivion
- Skyrim
- The Witcher 2
- Dark Souls
- Mafia II
- Sleeping Dogs
- GTA IV
- GTA V
- Red Dead Redemption
- L.A Noire
- Forza III
- Midnight Club: L.A
- Driver San Francisco
- Test Drive Unlimited 2
- Assassin's Creed
- Assassin's Creed 2
- Assassin's Creed Brotherhood
- Assassin's Creed Revelations
- Assassin's Creed 3
- Assassin's Creed 4: Black Flag
- Dishonored
- Splinter Cell Conviction
- Splinter Cell Blacklist
- Hitman: Absolution
- Call of Duty: World at War
- Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2
- Call of Duty: Black Ops
- Battlefield 3
- Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising
- Operation Flashpoint: Red River
- Fallout 3
- Far Cry 2
- Far Cry 3
- Call of Juarez: Bound in Blood

Any suggestions for something new and completely different, or in some way unique? I like open world, sandbox games a lot, but also enjoy good narratives...

I think atmosphere and immersion is what I go for most.

[img]

via GIPHY

[/img]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Sam's post
05-05-2014, 03:21 PM
RE: Suggest some games to try.
(05-05-2014 02:42 PM)Sam Wrote:  Any suggestions for something new and completely different, or in some way unique? I like open world, sandbox games a lot, but also enjoy good narratives...

Well, there is this one called life. It has this great open world called outside...

I'm just teasing you. Tongue
Find all posts by this user
05-05-2014, 04:21 PM
(05-05-2014 03:21 PM)djhall Wrote:  
(05-05-2014 02:42 PM)Sam Wrote:  Any suggestions for something new and completely different, or in some way unique? I like open world, sandbox games a lot, but also enjoy good narratives...

Well, there is this one called life. It has this great open world called outside...

Yeah, heard of that...

Unfortunately I hear its basically "pay to win"... Big Grin

[img]

via GIPHY

[/img]
[+] 4 users Like Sam's post
05-05-2014, 04:40 PM
(05-05-2014 04:21 PM)Sam Wrote:  
(05-05-2014 03:21 PM)djhall Wrote:  Well, there is this one called life. It has this great open world called outside...

Yeah, heard of that...

Though the graphics are usually stunning Big Grin

I recommend Flappybird
My ps3 says I can't suggest any games to you unfortunately Mr.360. Though if I were to pretend I didn't hear it...hmm...have you tried Alan Wake? It's not sandbox but it's got an interesting story. It's in episodes but I don't know if it's old enough that it would be sold as a bundle. Dead Island and Borderlands(s) have that open world feeling. Maybe the new Tomb Raider? I liked it though I hated that you can't have a new save with all the features you get after you beat the game. You can go all around the island before the final boss but you can't have all the cool upgrades you earned through your first playthrough in a new game. Can't really think of much other than those off the top my head Undecided

[Image: notagain.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes Miss Suzanne's post
05-05-2014, 05:39 PM
(05-05-2014 04:40 PM)Miss Suzanne Wrote:  
(05-05-2014 04:21 PM)Sam Wrote:  Yeah, heard of that...

Though the graphics are usually stunning Big Grin

I recommend Flappybird
My ps3 says I can't suggest any games to you unfortunately Mr.360. Though if I were to pretend I didn't hear it...hmm...have you tried Alan Wake? It's not sandbox but it's got an interesting story. It's in episodes but I don't know if it's old enough that it would be sold as a bundle. Dead Island and Borderlands(s) have that open world feeling. Maybe the new Tomb Raider? I liked it though I hated that you can't have a new save with all the features you get after you beat the game. You can go all around the island before the final boss but you can't have all the cool upgrades you earned through your first playthrough in a new game. Can't really think of much other than those off the top my head Undecided

There's a couple I've had my eye on... The Borderlands series was one.

The others were the Metro series, heard some great things about Last Light.

I was thinking about getting into the Halo series, but I thought its probably too far along to just jump in with the latest game.

[img]

via GIPHY

[/img]
05-05-2014, 05:43 PM
Wait for the One and get the new games during Christmas. Some seriously awesome games will be coming out (if you can afford it)

Atir aissom atir imon
05-05-2014, 05:54 PM
(05-05-2014 05:43 PM)Im_Ryan Wrote:  Wait for the One and get the new games during Christmas. Some seriously awesome games will be coming out (if you can afford it)

I don't think I can afford an Xbox One, if I get a next gen console it'll have to be a PS4.

So far there are two up and coming titles for next-gen that I really want... The Witcher 3, and Kingdom Come Deliverance... Unfortunately both are at least a year or more away.

[img]

via GIPHY

[/img]
05-05-2014, 06:17 PM
(05-05-2014 05:39 PM)Sam Wrote:  
(05-05-2014 04:40 PM)Miss Suzanne Wrote:  Though the graphics are usually stunning Big Grin

I recommend Flappybird

There's a couple I've had my eye on... The Borderlands series was one.

I was thinking about getting into the Halo series, but I thought its probably too far along to just jump in with the latest game.
Yeah Borderlands series is a fun one and there's GOTY editions of them for cheap too. Don't know if it'd be a factor at all or not that they have a prequel coming up sometime in the future.

I've heard good things about Metroid too. Don't have a Wii and recently picked up a Gamecube so it's a matter of going to a used game store while having the money to try one out. One day I'll have the moneys!

Yeah, that is a thing to think about. I tried that with CoD Ghosts. I figure that I might as well play it before giving it crap like everyone does and my CoD-obsessed friend said it'd be a good one to play because everyone would be starting at the same level.So I preordered it and played it the night it came out. Oh my god. Like I got a few kills but that whole twitch-trigger thing wasn't something I couldn't get into and clearly everyone else in servers at my level clearly got. Didn't care that I was bottom scoreboard as much as I kept yelling, "that stupid auto-aim! No,wait, this is how this game works and they've probably played this for years." I mean, I don't know if Halo mechanics have changed much since I've never owned an Xbox but as far as skill level playing online it might be hard to jump into.

[Image: notagain.gif]
05-05-2014, 06:35 PM
(05-05-2014 06:17 PM)Miss Suzanne Wrote:  
(05-05-2014 05:39 PM)Sam Wrote:  There's a couple I've had my eye on... The Borderlands series was one.

Yeah Borderlands series is a fun one and there's GOTY editions of them for cheap too. Don't know if it'd be a factor at all or not that they have a prequel coming up sometime in the future.

I've heard good things about Metroid too. Don't have a Wii and recently picked up a Gamecube so it's a matter of going to a used game store while having the money to try one out. One day I'll have the moneys!

Yeah, that is a thing to think about. I tried that with CoD Ghosts. I figure that I might as well play it before giving it crap like everyone does and my CoD-obsessed friend said it'd be a good one to play because everyone would be starting at the same level.So I preordered it and played it the night it came out. Oh my god. Like I got a few kills but that whole twitch-trigger thing wasn't something I couldn't get into and clearly everyone else in servers at my level clearly got. Didn't care that I was bottom scoreboard as much as I kept yelling, "that stupid auto-aim! No,wait, this is how this game works and they've probably played this for years." I mean, I don't know if Halo mechanics have changed much since I've never owned an Xbox but as far as skill level playing online it might be hard to jump into.

I went on Modern Warfare 2 last night for the first time in ages... Its amazing that what was once one of the busiest gaming lobbies is now so empty. Took forever to find a match, and then it was lagging like hell... Don't know if that was deliberate or just a bad connection.

[img]

via GIPHY

[/img]
[+] 1 user Likes Sam's post
05-05-2014, 06:45 PM
We should ALL join Second Life, and have a building where we all meet... have events, etc, etc.... I could learn to do the 3D designing, and Jasozz can probably do a bit of code for our more special stuff. Tongue

A person very dear to me was badly hurt through a misunderstanding and miscommunication. For this, I am sorry, and he knows it. That said, any blaming me for malicious intent is for the birds. I will not wear some scarlet letter, I will not be anybody's whipping girl, and I will not lurk in silence.